PDA

View Full Version : Pro Pointer test

Dimeman
12-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Here is a air test of the Garrett Pro Pointer with different items ..most usually found while detecting. The results suprised me as to the good depth compared to a few other handheld pinpointers I have ran the same test on.

Garrett Pro-Pointer Test (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cviHt6fkB18#ws)

del
12-28-2010, 11:47 AM
that was a nice way to show the distance of different items , was it me or did it seem the lower conductive items were hitting further out than the higher ones :crazy:

Dimeman
12-28-2010, 01:45 PM
that was a nice way to show the distance of different items , was it me or did it seem the lower conductive items were hitting further out than the higher ones :crazy:

You noticed that also.
Isn't the Pro Pointer a PI unit?? Wouldn't a PI unit be more sensitive on lower conductive items??

coinnut
12-28-2010, 09:05 PM
That was an eye opener :thinkingabout: Not only did it hit harder on low conductors, but it hit hard on less solid items like rings. Did not expect any of them results. I thought it would get all of them coins at 2 -2 1/2 inches all the time. I have to check my Sunray x-1 probe now. I'm not so sure I will get that probe until I see it gets a lot more than my inline does. Most interesting and thanks for posting that. It would have been cool to see how far it hits on them pesky pulltabs too lol

CyberSage
12-28-2010, 10:28 PM

The operating frequency of the Pro pointer is 12 kHz. This would extend the range for lower conductive targets, such as the Nickel. The Pro pointer does not use Pulse Induction (PI). If you slide a nickle up next to the power button you will effectively double it's range. I am a long time user of the Sunray DX-1. After purchasing a Garrett Pro Pointer I removed the DX-1 from my V3 and it's been on the shelf ever since. In my opinion the Pro Pointer is hands down the best pin pointer on the market right now.

wagon wheel
12-29-2010, 09:11 AM
Wow Robbie that was truly insightful! Thanks for your efforts. thumbsup01

w.w.

Nitro 54
12-30-2010, 09:13 PM
You have a keeper there Robbie.. For a hand held it did good..

My4Kiwis
12-30-2010, 10:29 PM
Nice! That is impressive for a handheld.

Salty Dog
01-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Nice Video Robbie,I have used a Garrett ever since i sold my DX-1 to Carver,I did notice when you first turned it on you had a coin close to it,so in reality you made it less sensitive according to the paperwork that came with it...Mine will pick up a quarter @ 3,nickles the same depth all day long...Just though i would share that bit of info...Can;t wait to see the others,Dave

Dimeman
01-01-2011, 05:22 PM
Nice Video Robbie,I have used a Garrett ever since i sold my DX-1 to Carver,I did notice when you first turned it on you had a coin close to it,so in reality you made it less sensitive according to the paperwork that came with it...Mine will pick up a quarter @ 3,nickles the same depth all day long...Just though i would share that bit of info...Can;t wait to see the others,Dave

Welcome Salty...I see you swam far enough to find us over here. ;)

Glad you like the tests.

I hope to have a pistol probe in a week or so, to do another test.

zrickkid
01-28-2011, 01:11 AM
Im thinking of getting one of those. I have a V3i and im looking for the best probe for my money. Ive listed that before but im still not sure. Any ideas?

MartinL
01-28-2011, 10:36 AM
Im thinking of getting one of those. I have a V3i and im looking for the best probe for my money. Ive listed that before but im still not sure. Any ideas?

Look around with a Google search on the Pro Pointer...it's overwhelming how this PP is accepted as premier. This thread is saying just that also. martin

jkress
01-28-2011, 11:12 PM
Count me as another thumbsup01 for the Garrett PP. Love it! :smitten:

Especially the ability to de-tune the unit.

greg
02-02-2011, 05:46 PM
The operating frequency of the Pro pointer is 12 kHz. This would extend the range for lower conductive targets, such as the Nickel. The Pro pointer does not use Pulse Induction (PI). If you slide a nickle up next to the power button you will effectively double it's range. I am a long time user of the Sunray DX-1. After purchasing a Garrett Pro Pointer I removed the DX-1 from my V3 and it's been on the shelf ever since. In my opinion the Pro Pointer is hands down the best pin pointer on the market right now.

No kidding. I was going to ask about that. Less weight on the V would be a good thing

dave in iowa
02-02-2011, 05:48 PM
i have used the whites , the vibra probe and now the garrett , none compare to the garret. the whites broke easily , the switch and the vibra probe was good , but big and didnt have the rib feature like the garrett , im no pro but the garrett is the best for me