PDA

View Full Version : TDI Pro

Carl in Louisiana
12-29-2010, 03:11 PM
Any folks here own a TDI Pro ? Got mine some time back and it was so dry the concrete was softer than the ground was. :bangahead01: Then came the monsoons and the ground was saturated. :crying02: Now it has been :frozen: for us folks here in the south. I have been out with it a couple of times and what a deep machine. :drool: :loveit: I am really looking forward to hunting CW relics this new year coming. Would be cool to hook up with someone that has one or just to trade lessons learned with someone that owns one.
Hope I posted this in the right spot.....

coinnut
12-29-2010, 10:00 PM
Lotta lookers Carl, but no one is replying yet lol I watched as the first TDI came out but it wasn't clear from the videos if it could blank out small to medium iron nails, so I didn't get it. :dontknow: It didn't help my decision making watching some guys on youtube try and video testing the unit, when they just bought it. I still have yet to see someone completely discriminating out iron with it. But with the TDI pro coming out soon after, I bet it is much better than the original TDI. If you get a chance to use it on some iron infested cellar holes, I would be interested in hearinng or (better yet) seeing the results. I hope there is a small 5 coil available for it. Maybe you will get a chance to test it soon :yes:

Carl in Louisiana
12-29-2010, 10:35 PM
Hey coinnut thanks for taking a moment on this post. Some folks on other forums have a good handle on the TDI and Pro. I am just learning it but I really do like the depth I am getting with it and with time will get it down much better. A 7.5 coil is available from White's for it for a tidy sum. I think I will try to find something that will pay for it. I have used it in an area with lots of iron and setting the GB at 3 or lower will help lots with the iron and still give great depth. I have used the V3i, DFX and the MXT in this area and have not begun to touch the depth that the TDI Pro is giving me. Also I thought when I bought it that the Pro would give an advantage over the TDI with the fine GB but I can use it with out it. This soil here in some areas is just plain out rough on the other detectors but nothing for the TDI Pro. When I get the hang of it a little better I will try posting some videos but that could be some time down the road. Don't want to look like some of the ones you mentioned as I have seen them also.

Nitro 54
12-29-2010, 11:02 PM
Don't forget Carl that the coils made for a Minelab will also work..

giant056
12-30-2010, 04:16 AM
Don't forget Carl that the coils made for a Minelab will also work..
I was going to post the same thing till I read your post Nitro, yes the minelab coils will work plus Jimmy Sierra makes coils for them.

Carl in Louisiana
12-30-2010, 07:48 AM
Thanks guys I'll have a look at them thumbsup01

coinnut
12-30-2010, 07:19 PM
Other than some custom models made earlier by Foster (I think), the TDI is the first production model discriminating Pulse Induction unit. That alone is quite as feat. :clapping: It should get super depth over the other units you use. It should be virtually unaffected by mineralization. Look forward to seeing some videos when you get comfortable with it. Don't worry, we won't mock you if you do one lol

Carl in Louisiana
12-31-2010, 09:26 AM
Don't worry, we won't mock you if you do one lol

:interesting: :interesting: :interesting: :interesting:

rofl I appreciate that more than you'll ever know coinnut as I am just a tad camera shy :grin:

Carl in Louisiana
01-02-2011, 08:18 PM
I did a little searching and found a few posts that basically stated the White's 7.5 would be the ticket for the TDI as far as smaller coils go and that the Minelab coils are the ticket for larger coils. Not sure that anyone else here has a TDI but if so hope this helps out in some way.

coinnut
01-02-2011, 08:22 PM
I was dreaming about the TDI pro last week at one of our sites that has some deep targets. I wish White's had a loan me a machine for 3 months, program lol I would be interetsed in seeing a discriminating PI go up against my E Trac in this iron site. If it could find those fringe targets that the E Trac may be missing, I would buy one for sure. We have a lot of cellar holes that we have on the dead list that may come to life again with the TDI :clapping:

Carl in Louisiana
01-02-2011, 09:09 PM
I was dreaming about the TDI pro last week at one of our sites that has some deep targets. I wish White's had a loan me a machine for 3 months, program lol I would be interetsed in seeing a discriminating PI go up against my E Trac in this iron site. If it could find those fringe targets that the E Trac may be missing, I would buy one for sure. We have a lot of cellar holes that we have on the dead list that may come to life again with the TDI :clapping:

If you was closer by I would loan you me with my TDI rofl

Really I love the depth of this beast and look forward to the day I understand it better. It is the only detector I own at the time so I have to use it when hunting thus I hope the sooner I will get with the program. It has so many settings to use with so few nobs and switches. That much I learned from other forums on the TDI. The next full moon I will head to the beaches to see if I can find some of the deeper rings lost and passed by. l o l

channelmaniac
01-03-2011, 12:17 AM
I have a standard TDI, not the Pro, and I still haven't really learned it. I bet the machine doesn't even have 5 hours on it yet.

I really need to get off my arse and learn it.