PDA

View Full Version : Verizon iPhone

Epi-hunter
12-30-2010, 02:41 PM
Made my day <: :happydance01: <: :peace: :cheering: http://www.newsoxy.com/business/verizon-iphone-to-be-announced-16419.html

I have almost zero phone coverage here in small town Iowa from AT&T. For the past week in order to use my phone I have to have my phone, and therefore also my head, pushed up against the front window of the house in a certain specific spot without moving even an inch or the call drops. Or if I want really decent reception I have to run to the end of the driveway and stand on top of the six-foot snowdrift :rolleyes: lol

I have been waiting for this in order to upgrade to the i4 version. I will buy myself out of the remainder of the AT&T contract :happydance01:

pulltabsteve
12-30-2010, 05:01 PM
For the past week in order to use my phone I have to have my phone, and therefore also my head, pushed up against the front window of the house in a certain specific spot without moving even an inch or the call drops. Or if I want really decent reception I have to run to the end of the driveway and stand on top of the six-foot snowdrift :rolleyes: lol

rofl rofl rofl Glad for you Angie! Funny visual lol

giant056
12-30-2010, 05:41 PM
I've never had a cell phone, I've found a couple and returned one and tried to return the last one and the number I dialed they only spoke Spanish and hung up and I still got it.

coinnut
12-30-2010, 06:20 PM
I hate phones lol almost as much as TV's and computers rofl :embarrassed: But I agree the visual of a squashed face against the window or someone on a snow mound yapping is pretty funny :cheesysmile:

Judy
12-30-2010, 06:38 PM
Wishing u good luck with the new phone thumbsup01 I just LOVE new technology...paying for it is the part I hate lol

CyberSage
12-30-2010, 07:06 PM
What you need is an EVO Android from Sprint. Sweetest phone in town... I know... I Know... :behave:

Nitro 54
12-30-2010, 07:17 PM
I have the best coverage available in my area with US cellular... Can I take a picture of your face against the window :grin: :grin:

Epi-hunter
12-31-2010, 12:15 AM
I have the best coverage available in my area with US cellular... Can I take a picture of your face against the window :grin: :grin:

No you can not take a picture of my face against the window!! lol lol :poke: :poke:

The whole thing is hilarious. My family watches me run to the edge of the driveway and jump up and down, waving my phone in the air to get a signal :cheesysmile: This is my home ground so I am here for the week but I live in KY where the AT&T coverage is slightly better.

Lowjiber
12-31-2010, 09:33 AM
I'm an Apple Guy...having jumped the fence when Microsoft abandoned its customers with Vista OS. However, I don't have an iPhone (about the only Apple product I don't own) because AT&T has such lousy coverage across the country.

I currently use a Blackberry on Sprint, but would happily jump to Verizon if they ever complete the iPhone deal. They've been promising the iPhone for over a year now, but keep abandoning it at the last minute. Apple is very proprietary with their business model and Verizon certainly doesn't like it.

Let's hope.

odave
12-31-2010, 12:47 PM
Verizon is the only service that works up here in the Mountains where I'm at ..I can be out in the middle
of no where and i'll get a signal.....I'd welcome iphone service from Verizon.. :interesting:.....then i'd get one :happydance01:

Carver
12-31-2010, 04:36 PM
Well that's just Iowa for you Angie!!! I kinda like it that way :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

greg
01-01-2011, 10:38 AM
I see by your profile that you are in Iowa City. I spent a year living there. Can't imagin all those collage kids having that problem too. How would they live without a phone on their ear. lol lol

coinnut
01-01-2011, 04:12 PM
rofl rofl I can just picture it,You on 6 + ft of snow saying the AT&T famous Quote Can You Hear Me Now? rofl

rofl Probably more like Can you hear me now you stupid phone :mad: :ticked: :bangahead01: :angry: lol

Epi-hunter
01-01-2011, 09:52 PM
rofl rofl I can just picture it,You on 6 + ft of snow saying the AT&T famous Quote Can You Hear Me Now? rofl

I did say that lol lol

Greg, I lived in Iowa City for 25 years before moving here. I had Verizon then and it worked great :yes: No, not too many college students would survive without phones :shocked04:

Epi-hunter
01-03-2011, 03:19 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110102/tc_afp/lifestyleitinternettelecomapple

Well, I just figured out why my iPhone alarm didn't work all weekend until this morning...

Goat Rancher
01-03-2011, 04:23 PM
I live in the sticks and have the same problem so this is my solution.

Buy.com Spotlight, Wireless Extenders zBoost zP Personal Wir (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAodpzbqUQA&feature=related#)