PDA

View Full Version : Final Hunt of 2010, Gold Sale

M-Taliesin
12-30-2010, 08:26 PM
Howdy Folks!
Your friendly neighborhood Colorado Gold Slinger got out yesterday for the last hunt of 2010! With a storm looming on the horizon, I got out for awhile and was disappointed that I didn't find gold. I did, however, find a nice 925 silver earring. Not a total loss anyhow. I also got a bit of clad along the way, but wasn't out as long as I'd like.

That storm rolled onto the Colorado Front Range today, and it got cold and snow is falling. Since hunting is out of the question for a variety of reasons, I made the trip across town to sell the last of my 2010 gold. Traffic was a mess going west. I eventually made the trip okay, and walked out of the guy's shop with a check for $486 bucks! Not too shabby.

Tomorrow I'll be going to surgery to repair my knee. For those who haven't heard the tale, I was at work when I tore the medial meniscus, and badly damaged the lateral meniscus at the same time. I was to have surgery on August 30th, but that got pushed to the back burner when a blood clot was discovered in the leg to be mended. I was on blood thinners for quite awhile, but now the clot is gone and I'm on my way to being repaired. The downside is that I'll have to bring it into the shop and the weather is rather nasty.

Here are a few photos showing my finds from yesterday and the check I got today.
My total for the year is a bit pathetic, particularly when compared to last year.
But then again, my knee has been an issue for 6 months now.
Katy bar the door, because next year I'm hunting with a vengence!

My meager take yesterday was:
23 Quarters = $5.75
7 Nickels = $0.35
13 Dimes = $1.30
45 Pennies = $0.45
1 Sac Dollar = $1.00
Total = $8.85
Coin Count = 89

Thanks for Looking Folks!
Happy New Year to all,
Brightest Blessings,
M-Taliesin

jkress
12-30-2010, 08:38 PM
Great post!

You have pulled a very impressive amount of clad. :shocked04:

(sorry, just noticed your total gold sales..... :shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04: :clapping: )

Sorry to hear about the last hunt for the year... mine ended about a month ago.

coinnut
12-30-2010, 10:40 PM
Some super finds :shocked04: That cloisonne bracelet is real nice. Some of them gold pieces are nice too. I don't know if I could have parted with them I'm way to sentimental :embarrassed:

Nitro 54
12-31-2010, 12:37 AM
Looks like your ending the year with a bang M-T thumbsup01,,Nice bunch of finds today thumbsup01,,,The gold check would sure make my pain feel better, Awesome :happydance01: <: Good luck tomarrow with your surgery :boxing: :boxing:

cliffy
12-31-2010, 01:07 AM
You had a very good year, congrats and good luck next year!

giant056
12-31-2010, 01:37 AM
You had a great year for sure Mel thumbsup01

Evan/tn
12-31-2010, 08:09 AM
I would of liked to find even half that much this year Mel lol
Great hunt and great year,I'm sure that knee won't keep you down for long.

Carver
12-31-2010, 08:16 AM
Nice check there MT thumbsup01 thumbsup01 That guy can't sign his name worth a crap :huh: :huh: :huh:

odave
12-31-2010, 09:15 PM
Good Year Mel ! Nice check too <: <: <:

M-Taliesin
01-01-2011, 02:44 AM
Howdy Folks!
Thanks for those replies, as I much appreciate your comments.
Meanwhile, the one thing I hate about starting out a new year is all the zeros in my signature file!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

CyberSage
01-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Great hunt Mel! Glad you got out for awhile. Best wishes for you and your knee for the new year.

DaleGM
01-01-2011, 01:09 PM
not bad for running on a busted wheel :clapping: hope the New Year brings home health happiness and a bit of gold 4 ya, good luck on the surgury and make sure the name tag on your Doc dont say Mordachai when the Knife comes out :poke:, how about enlightening some of the folks about that wonderful detecting trip...........

M-Taliesin
01-09-2011, 11:59 AM
not bad for running on a busted wheel :clapping: hope the New Year brings home health happiness and a bit of gold 4 ya,

Howdy Dale!
Hopefully, that busted wheel will be fixed on January 25th. That's assuming, of course, they can find a vein next time around. Thanks for your good thoughts on my behalf.

Now that the new year is started, I've already found gold on both hunts I've done so far. But I ain't so much interested in finding a bit of gold. I want lots and lots of it, and anticipate this next year might prove to be my best year ever. Pipster and me are going to Texas this next week, and I hear they have lots and lots of places just perfect for me to hunt!

Thanks to everybody who replied to this here post.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin