PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Tombstone, AZ.

myleswest
12-31-2010, 01:06 AM
Just wanted to say hi.
I am a newbie both to this forum and to metal detecting.
I did as much research as I could before buying my first detector trying to figure out what type would be right for what I would be looking for and settled on a Tesoro Cibola.
If anyone is close to my area and would like to have some company detecting, please contact me and we will head out to the desert or wherever.

odave
12-31-2010, 01:10 AM
Welcome aboard !! Nice to have You here !! Lots of great folks on this Forum !
Happy New Year and happy Hunting :beerbuddy:

Dave

coinnut
12-31-2010, 01:30 AM
Hello and welcome :clapping: I'm a bit far from you but I hope some members are closer to you. I wish you luck on your treasure hunting journeys. You picked a light weight detector that should make for some easy swinging in that desert heat. Can't wait to see what your turn up. :yes:

angellionel
12-31-2010, 01:39 AM
Hi and welcome from Western Massachusetts. I wish you well in your hunts! thumbsup01

giant056
12-31-2010, 01:44 AM
Howdy and welcome to a great forum from Michigan thumbsup01

Carver
12-31-2010, 08:07 AM
Welcome to the Forum :clapping: :clapping: Great place here,,,,don't be afraid to ask questions :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout:

Lowjiber
12-31-2010, 08:53 AM
Welcome to the forum and your new obsession.

I live in the Las Vegas area and hunt gold and meteorites in the Gold Basin area of northwestern Arizona...north of Dolan Springs, Az. Unfortunately, we're a long way from each other.

If you're ever up this way, give me a PM ahead of time. I've got the Jeep. thumbsup01

Carl in Louisiana
12-31-2010, 09:11 AM
Welcome aboard this is a great place to be :peace:

cliffy
12-31-2010, 10:07 AM
Welcome Myleswest :peace: I am not all that far away. Phoenix here.

RaZR
12-31-2010, 10:09 AM
Welcome! Good luck and happy hunting. Show us some great pictures of some awsome
finds. thumbsup01

Napa Steve
12-31-2010, 11:20 AM
Welcome aboard, you found the right place here, great info and friends thumbsup01

del
12-31-2010, 12:32 PM
hello and welcome to the forum Myleswest , so what type of detecting interests you most :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: i've heard pretty good things about the Cibola , best of luck and please show us what you find .

Dan

Epi-hunter
12-31-2010, 02:00 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum! We are glad you found us :happydance01:

wheresthegoodstuff
12-31-2010, 02:57 PM
Welcome to the forum.
You cant beat Tesoros lifetime warranty

coinnut
12-31-2010, 05:03 PM
You cant beat Tesoros lifetime warranty

And their lack of weight :clapping: Weight matters after a couple of hours hunting :thinkingabout:

myleswest
12-31-2010, 09:00 PM
Hello everyone!
Thank you for making me feel welcome, this seems to be a real friendly place. I think I'm going to like it here!
Will be looking in some of the out of the way old stagecoach depots and places like that.
But there are lots of old gold and siver mines around here near Tombstone, AZ. So I figure it wouldn't hurt to scout through some of the old gravel left behind. This is very exciting! Although I have to find a buddy to go with. Between the rattlesnakes , the heat, and the roaming illegals, its not safe or wise for me to go into the desert alone.
I'm already in love with my Cibola and all I've done so far is practice with it in the back yard.
I sense my girlfriend is getting a bit jealous though...the other night she said: Who are you sleeping with tonight? Me or this new Cibola? :ticked: lol

del
12-31-2010, 09:08 PM
But there are lots of old gold and siver mines around here near Tombstone, AZ. So I figure it wouldn't hurt to scout through some of the old gravel left behind. This is very exciting! Although I have to find a buddy to go with. Between the rattlesnakes , the heat, and the roaming illegals, its not safe or wise for me to go into the desert alone.

yes i would strongly recommend a partner or two and a side arm would be highly advised . i was born and raised in Arizona and know first hand on alot of the dangers out in the desert.

I sense my girlfriend is getting a bit jealous though...the other night she said: Who are you sleeping with tonight? Me or this new Cibola? :ticked: lol

lol lol well atleast she has a sense of humor :clapping: :clapping:

coinnut
12-31-2010, 11:54 PM

Ouch. You better put the Tesoro down for a bit. lol Unless you want to sleep with it outside rofl Just find a gold bracelet or diamond earrings with it and she will be fine with the new machine :yes:

Evan/tn
01-01-2011, 08:59 AM
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new machine
Yep i wouldn't go into the desert alone either :thinkingabout:

Nitro 54
01-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Hi Myles :beerbuddy:

DaleGM
01-02-2011, 12:55 PM
welcome to the jungle Myles :peace: :peace:

johnm
03-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Hi Myleswest welcome I live in New york state now but back in 1978/79 I allso lived in tombstone I owned a house at 905 freemont st. loved it out there but my roots called me back home to the catskill mountains of New york. Hope your hunting goes well.jOHN

CODY
03-13-2012, 06:20 PM
Welcome from Mississippi. Looking forward to your post and finds.

LIBear
04-08-2012, 08:25 AM
Welcome to the forum from Long Island NY

Mudder
04-12-2012, 09:03 PM
Welcome from Southern Mississippi, home of rain and lots of mud. Something that I know you don't have to worry about. >:\

jkress
04-30-2012, 08:33 PM
Welcome to American Detectorist. :clapping:
It's nice to have you with us. Good luck. thumbsup01

MassDirtFisher
05-25-2012, 10:35 PM
Welcome to the forum , from Western Massachusetts , Happy Hunting!!