PDA

View Full Version : Next Year's Goal

Epi-hunter
12-31-2010, 05:48 PM
I am going to get out a LOT more in 2011 and have a couple of things on my hope to find list. Anybody else have anything specific they hope to find next year?

I want to find an ox knob lol coinnut and del will be happy when I finally get that wish fulfilled rofl

Big on my list for this next year is a barber half. :happydance01: :angelic:

But I will have to go someplace Angel has never been lol :poke:

coinnut
12-31-2010, 05:56 PM
I plan on finding it all lol But if I can't have it all, I would love to get a Seated Quarter to complete my set. Have the Seated half dime, dime, and half dollar but can't find that quarter :ticked: Also more park style and house hunts for sure. I need to get some practice finding silver with that machine. When you make it out this way Angie,... Dan, Dave and I are going to bury every ox knob we have for you lol You will scorn them ox knobs rofl

Epi-hunter
12-31-2010, 05:58 PM
I plan on finding it all lol But if I can't have it all, I would love to get a Seated Quarter to complete my set. Have the Seated half dime, dime, and half dollar but can't find that quarter :ticked: Also more park style and house hunts for sure. I need to get some practice finding silver with that machine. When you make it out this way Angie,... Dan, Dave and I are going to bury every ox knob we have for you lol You will scorn them ox knobs rofl

Trust me, the second the weather turns around I'm going to be there. Ox knobs beware! rofl

Seated quarter. That's a good one, and I have also found seated half dime, dime, and half dollar but not a seated quarter. :confused: :dontknow:

coinnut
12-31-2010, 06:01 PM
Seated quarter. That's a good one, and I have also found seated half dime, dime, and half dollar but not a seated quarter. :confused: :dontknow:

That's cause Angel has them all :rolleyes:

pulltabsteve
12-31-2010, 06:18 PM
Angie, I really hope you get you ox knob and barber half next year. Make a list of the 10 things you want to find for 2011. I did a list 2 years ago and found everything except the gold coin. Here was my list for 2008.

1- a 1978 quarter
2- a soda can
3- a 1992 zinc penny
4- a dr. pepper soda cap
5- a cool pulltab
6- a big piece of iron
7- a hubcap
8- a ball of aluminum foil
9- a 1972 dime
10- a Gold Coin

Try doing a list. It really works! <: rofl

Epi-hunter
12-31-2010, 06:22 PM
Angie, I really hope you get you ox knob and barber half next year. Make a list of the 10 things you want to find for 2011. I did a list 2 years ago and found everything except the gold coin. Here was my list for 2008.

1- a 1978 quarter
2- a soda can
3- a 1992 zinc penny
4- a dr. pepper soda cap
5- a cool pulltab
6- a big piece of iron
7- a hubcap
8- a ball of aluminum foil
9- a 1972 dime
10- a Gold Coin

Try doing a list. It really works! <: rofl

lol I can see why that worked so well, all except for #10 lol

A hubcap? lol

That's great! I'm going to do that. :happydance01:

Nitro 54
12-31-2010, 09:42 PM
I'm shooting for any silver.. :peace: :peace: :peace: . Thats still a hard list Steve if you don't get out to look.. :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: I've never got a gold coin yet, but where I live I have a good chance. The best I can do so far is just gold nuggets. :yes: :yes: :yes:

RaZR
12-31-2010, 09:52 PM
Next years goal?
1.) Not to drop over dead while detecting.
2.) Find a silver coin.
3.) Not drop over dead when i find a silver coin.
4.) World peace.

del
12-31-2010, 10:03 PM
Next years goal?
1.) Not to drop over dead while detecting.
2.) Find a silver coin.
3.) Not drop over dead when i find a silver coin.
4.) World peace.

lol lol those are nice goals to have but thlast one is a stretch :thinkingabout: don't ya think. :dontknow:

my goals for 2011
1. i'd like to find atleast 40 old large coppers
2. just 1 more than Coinnut and Heavymetalnut lol lol (they can duke it out :boxing: :bop: :behave: :hammer: :boxing: for who's comes in second) lol lol :happydance01:
3. any early American silver (something pre 1830) or a few half cents.

RaZR
12-31-2010, 10:09 PM
those are nice goals to have but thlast one is a stretch don't ya think.

It sounded more attainable than a GOLD coin! rofl

del
12-31-2010, 10:12 PM
It sounded more attainable than a GOLD coin! rofl

:thinkingabout: well you might have a good point there , brother :beerbuddy:

Beefcake
12-31-2010, 11:40 PM
My goal is to hit 100 silver coins... pretty simple.

randy
01-01-2011, 07:03 AM
Good luck on your goals, Angie.

Mine are pretty weird --

I'd like to find an Iowa state quarter (I've found all the others).
I'd like to find a type coin I've never found yet.
I have a lifetime goal of finding a silver coin in each of the 73 municipalities of Chester County -- such a goal sounds weird and geeky, but it really forces you to work to uncover new sites.
I'd like to find 50 silvers (I don't see finding over 100 again, but we'll see)

And the biggest is just get out as much as possible.

Bedrock
01-01-2011, 11:38 AM
My goal is not really unusual or spectacular. I would like to find a gold ring.

Carver
01-01-2011, 04:33 PM
I'm gonna shoot for 100 silver coins,,,but I'll take 80 :yes: :yes: :yes:
50 Indian pennies
Barber half
Seated half
half dime
20 cent silver

It's just gonna feel good to get out,,,finally :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01:

jkress
01-02-2011, 12:05 AM
Wow... some very nice stuff on everyone's goal list this year. Many things I dare not think of yet. :)

I'm going to move a few of the things that I didn't get last year to the new season.

1 - a SLQ. I hit Washingtons and Barbers... just not the in between.

2 - a gold ring... Found many plated and some gold filled. Gotta get the real deal. :yes:

3 - an IH fatty. I found a few just one year off... But no cigar. :rolleyes:

4 - a large cent. :yes:

Here's hoping many of your goals are met this season. :beerbuddy:

odave
01-06-2011, 11:35 PM
I just want to get out more and work a little less !! I will thumbsup01 thumbsup01
May all Your wishes come true everybody !! :beerbuddy:

Dave :interesting:

russellt
01-07-2011, 05:36 PM
i say a prayer before every hunt . not for success, but for a safe hunt. that being said. anything seated would be nice and anything in the barber department. since i started detecting i have found one injun per year so that would be nice too . and actually a gold double eagle would be welcome but the biggest one i hope for is a large cent,,,,,,,,,,,,, just one .. ok 6 or 7 would be nice too

Evan/tn
01-08-2011, 08:17 AM
This year I'm gonna find that CSA buckle!!!! :peace:

beepn
01-10-2011, 11:36 PM
1.Get to know the Etrac better
2.Do a lot more research on finding more old sites
3.Dig more iffy targets.
4.Dig 10 trash signals per hunt.

Toadman
01-11-2011, 12:15 AM
I'm with world peace too..Or something worth a crap-load of $$ :grin: :grin: Iv'e found basicallything i ever wanted, My machines have paid for themselves a few times, But i would LOVE to make that one BIG hit ! Even if i had to donate it,.... <:

zrickkid
01-11-2011, 12:31 AM
My goals would be.
1. 50 silvers minimum for the year.
2. An Indian head penny.
3. A seated anything.
4. A barber anything.
5. A silver dollar.
6. A nice heavy gold ring.
7. A gold coin.
8. Some cool kind of military button.
9. Some kind of large cent.
10. To have a good time hunting whenever I go out.

Jeff (or)
01-11-2011, 12:39 AM
My goal is very simple, but at times a little hard to do. For the past two years I set a goal of finding 100 silver coins per season, (not counting silver war nickles). Which I did. This year will be the same. I have already done a fair amount of research :interesting: and have three very promising sites to hunt. :yes: I think I will outdo my expatiations.....I hope!

Jaybird
01-11-2011, 01:01 AM
My Wish list is---in order:

1. GOLD COIN
2. Platinum Ring/diamonds
3.1877 Indian Head Penny
4. 1916-D Mercury dime
5. Cache of someking preferably old coins
6. Aartifact traceable to the 7th Cavalry
7. Anything traceable to Butch Cassidy
8. 2-Cent piece
9.3-Cent Piece
10. Seated Coin

v3ikid
01-15-2011, 04:45 PM
I would like to find

1. Anything gold <:
2. A seated anything :clapping:
3. A Barber quarter and half to go with the 3 dimes i have found thumbsup01
4. More excuses to get out of work to detect. :devilish:
5. More places to detect :thinkingabout:
6. Enough money to get the V3i :drool:

CyberSage
01-15-2011, 11:04 PM
I just want to get out more often for a peaceful hunt. I want to find the past, whatever form it comes in. I would really like to find a SLQ. It's a big hole in my old coin collection.

Jack

My4Kiwis
01-16-2011, 12:07 AM
Mine are very simple...I just want to learn my machine well enough that I am capable to find anything better then clad.

giant056
01-16-2011, 01:33 AM
Number one on the list is still any gold coin, I've never found a U.S. half dime or cent, I would really like finding a capped silver too. I love the anticipation when digging them good signals, you just never know what you're going to dig up. :)

mike l
01-16-2011, 10:00 PM
This year I would like to find any Barber or Seated Liberty. Haven't found either yet. Got my Walking Liberty half and large copper I was shooting for in 2010, always good to have something to strive for, makes the hunt that much more fun. :peace:

wild willy
01-23-2011, 05:33 AM
im gonna say a mass copper! then a 20cent peice. willy

giant056
01-23-2011, 07:51 AM
im gonna say a mass copper! then a 20cent peice. willy
That twenty cent piece would be one sweet find, they're might scarce though but I'm sure there's a few in the ground. :yes: