PDA

View Full Version : Share your finds with the manufacturers!

channelmaniac
12-31-2010, 06:12 PM
If you have a particularly great find, let the manufacturer of your metal detector know!

Some will reward you for your finds.

-----

White's Electronics:

We are always interested in a good metal detector treasure story. Family outings, a vacation hunt that paid for the trip, a backyard with a history! Mention the metal detector, how deep was the find, and any other interesting details. Include a few pictures of yourself and the treasure.

Send your story to:
Customer Stories
White's Electronics, Inc.
1011 Pleasant Valley Road
Sweet Home, Oregon, 97386
email: stories@whiteselectronics.com

White's will use stories and pictures not only on their web site but also on marketing materials such as calendars, sale slicks, catalogs, and more. Last I knew was that if they accepted your story they would send you a $100 gift certificates good for ordering merchandise off of their web site. This is good towards coils, batteries, chargers, shirts, hats, jackets, digging tools, and more.

-----

Garrett Metal Detectors:

Garrett isn't quite as generous, but they do offer items for stories such as a Charles Garrett book, a Garrett shirt or cap, or if your item is the find of the month you could win a new Pro-Pointer.

More information can be found on the Garrett web site (http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_submit_a_story.aspx)

-----

Of course, you should put in some good marketing blurbs such as Thank you for making such a great detector! or something equally good to use in marketing materials. thumbsup01

If you know of other manufacturers that reward for good stories please add them to the thread!

RJ

Nitro 54
12-31-2010, 09:50 PM
Thanks RJ, but we know how Generous Whites can be <: :happydance01: :peace: :clapping: :cheering:

coinnut
12-31-2010, 11:24 PM
I've had a couple stories printed in White's. They are generous with their certificates for sure. But I haven't used my DFX in over a year now :embarrassed: So I can't add any stories there anymore. But if I could include all my past DFX years, I would be in there a lot lol

Bell-Two
02-06-2011, 12:56 AM
I had a couple of stories in the Garrett Newsletter got a book from them and also had two stories on the Minelab Success Stories portion of their website and they sent me a tote bag with a keychain and a few other goodies for the first one and for the second story it won the Minelab Success Story of the Month and I got one of their really nice back packs, a hat a flashlight, compass, first aid kit and a water bottle!

jkress
02-06-2011, 07:56 AM
It's definitely worth the effort. :yes:

Garrett sent me a free Pro-Pointer for a story I submitted. You can't beat free on an awesome unit like that. :clapping:

I had a couple of stories in the Garrett Newsletter got a book from them and also had two stories on the Minelab Success Stories portion of their website and they sent me a tote bag with a keychain and a few other goodies for the first one and for the second story it won the Minelab Success Story of the Month and I got one of their really nice back packs, a hat a flashlight, compass, first aid kit and a water bottle!

That's some sharp looking Minelab stuff Bell-Two. thumbsup01

Dixie Rebel
02-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Yeah I like that set up from minelab Bell. When I learn my etrac maybe I will get something like that.

Bell-Two
02-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Yeah I like that set up from minelab Bell. When I learn my etrac maybe I will get something like that.

Yep they are even offering more now included with the backpack and goodies is now a $250 voucher you can use at a Minelab dealer....man I was a couple of months too soon! No not really I do appreciate it and them offering such things.

tanacat
02-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Yep they are even offering more now included with the backpack and goodies is now a $250 voucher you can use at a Minelab dealer....man I was a couple of months too soon! No not really I do appreciate it and them offering such things.

I'd like to hear your stories Tony- you're a good writer :yes:

Bell-Two
02-07-2011, 04:18 PM
I'd like to hear your stories Tony- you're a good writer :yes:

Thanks here is the link to the winning story as I posted it here on this forum.

http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=3877.msg44406#msg44406

zrickkid
02-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the tips! Hope to be able to send them something some day. :cheesysmile:

RobW
02-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Garrett...mmmmm...
I sent them in a story with some photos of my finds from a spot. They were all over it, several people from Garrett were emailing me asking me all kinds of questions wanting to put it in a book and wanting more and better pictures.....in the end they sent me a boiler plate letter and a fifty cent book on beginner metal detecting.......bought a Minelab E-Trac a few days latter, first time in over 20 yrs I used anything but a Garrett....

Trigem
02-24-2011, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the tip! Whites excepted my story yesterday <: