PDA

View Full Version : Research is the key

coinnut
01-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Hey what can I say, we waste no time lol Del and I got up early and were trudging through the snow at daybreak. We were looking for new cellar holes to do this coming Spring (or sooner lol) Must have put on 4 miles or so, but it felt like 10 with the snow and hilly terrain :ticked: Here's some pictures of the 4 cellar holes we found today :happydance01: . I believe from the last picture, Dan is a happy man ;) It's never too early to hit the books and walk the trails everyone thumbsup01

del
01-01-2011, 02:47 PM
:shocked04: what the heck was i doing in the 4th picture , posing :dontknow: i don't remember doing that lol lol o.k. somebody say it yes Dan is sporting the latest winter apparel and camo-styled hiking boots , he's a capricorn and loves long walks on the beach :barf: :barf: lol lol lol i suspect you photo shopped those George , we're even for the log scooting shots i got of you buddy :bop: lol lol

but seriously we did do alot of tough hiking out in a suspected area that we thought had some promise despite the fact the maps didn't show any of these sites . this year wer're not wasting any time to do the research and about 4 hours of exercise with atleast 3 cellars to show for it is a very good day and i believe when our reasearch is done there will be some serious copper totals this year.

Dan

Nitro 54
01-01-2011, 02:59 PM
I hope it worth it to be out in that kind of cold :grin: :grin: :frozen: :frozen:

coinnut
01-01-2011, 03:07 PM
I hope it worth it to be out in that kind of cold :grin: :grin: :frozen: :frozen:

You bet it is lol It really did look cold, but we were definitely overdressed. It probably reached 40ish when we finished up. That is a heat wave here in New England :yes: This kind of research will pay off many times over come Spring. Besides, we both can use the exercise rofl

del
01-01-2011, 03:09 PM

:yes: :yes:

Salty Dog
01-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Sweeet can't wait to see some of the good stuff coming out of those places,Dave

Carver
01-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Looks like some sweet spots for sure :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01:

giant056
01-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Them definitely look like some great old spots for sure, really old cellar holes thumbsup01

greg
01-01-2011, 04:50 PM
:shocked04: what the heck was i doing in the 4th picture , posing :dontknow: i don't remember doing that lol lol o.k. somebody say it yes Dan is sporting the latest winter apparel and camo-styled hiking boots , he's a capricorn and loves long walks on the beach :barf: :barf: lol lol lol i suspect you photo shopped those George , we're even for the log scooting shots i got of you buddy :bop: lol lol

but seriously we did do alot of tough hiking out in a suspected area that we thought had some promise despite the fact the maps didn't show any of these sites . this year wer're not wasting any time to do the research and about 4 hours of exercise with atleast 3 cellars to show for it is a very good day and i believe when our reasearch is done there will be some serious copper totals this year.

Dan

I can smell the old stuff just from the pics.

pulltabsteve
01-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Thats my kind of detecting territory!!!!!!! Good luck to you both in the spring thumbsup01 Did I mention I could be there in less than 2 hours :grin: Good research, guys thumbsup01

coinnut
01-01-2011, 05:22 PM
Thats my kind of detecting territory!!!!!!! Good luck to you both in the spring thumbsup01 Did I mention I could be there in less than 2 hours :grin: Good research, guys thumbsup01

Anytime you want to come up Steve, just PM Del and beg for permission rofl He usually gives in after about 20 minutes of constant whining. No guarantees on finding anything but it may happen. It's a dog eat dog world out there cellar hole hunting lol

angellionel
01-01-2011, 05:27 PM

lol lol You did several poses there Dan. lol

That is quite a bit of snow that still remains out there. :shocked04:stretcher: But all that effort trekking through the woods in that snow in search of new hunting grounds will pay off handsomely. thumbsup01

del
01-01-2011, 05:57 PM

thanks Steve , yes your very much welcomed to join us anytime no whining required. :beerbuddy:

lol lol You did several poses there Dan. lol

That is quite a bit of snow that still remains out there. :shocked04:stretcher: But all that effort trekking through the woods in that snow in search of new hunting grounds will pay off handsomely. thumbsup01

well Angel with George behind the camera and editing process :eyebrow: i should be very thankful i wasn't shown posing with a dress or see through nighty on. lol rofl rofl