PDA

View Full Version : Back on authors website

Dimeman
01-01-2011, 05:15 PM
To the mods: if this isn't allowed let me know and I'll delete it.
Robbie
Some of you might know of the author Dick Stout. He has written a few books on metal detecting.

I made a slideshow video with postcards and images of Camp Logan, the WW1 Army training camp.--the camp was located in the Houston area from 1917-1919.
Dick Stout put up a link to it on his website...
check out the Jan 1st post.

http://www.stoutstandards.com/Latest.html

del
01-01-2011, 05:48 PM
thats very cool Dimeman to be on his site thumbsup01 as you know Mr.Stout is one of the pioneers in the detecting world and i enjoy his blogsite from time to time . i hear it from close sources he is a very nice gentleman as well and would like to very much meet him in person some time.

coinnut
01-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Hey Robbie, He's actually a member here and has his link in a few places. I, also would love to meet him one day and talk old time detecting lol

odave
01-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Awesome Robbie !! Dick's a good Man ! I have some of his Books

Dimeman
01-01-2011, 08:43 PM
I have all his books and also the updated ones too.

I have never met him but email him sometimes, he is very nice. He is just an average guy who likes to metal detect. The only difference is, he was given the opportunity to put his detecting knowledge all assembled in a few books.

Some of us old timers could probably do the same thing if we could get the opportunity to do so. :yes: :yes:

Judy
01-01-2011, 09:29 PM
cool Robbie! :yes:

Nitro 54
01-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Thats cool Robbie, you pics and video's are getting a lot of coverage .. :peace: :peace: