PDA

View Full Version : New crew members

Ill Digger
01-02-2011, 12:54 PM
I see American Detectorist has an influx of new faces and names. I've picked up that there was a falling out on another forum?
I was curious if anyone could fill us (or at least me.... because I'm nosie lol) in on the situation that brought so many members to the decision to jump ship.
If it's a real sensitive subject......well.... :-\.....I'm still curious lol
If I missed a thread or post explaining it sorry. If there is a explanation on the subject can someone point me to a link ?
Welcome aboard to all the new members thumbsup01
Can't wait to see what you all've been finding :drool:
Happy New Year & HH

Dimeman
01-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Many of the new members are coming from the Whites Detecting Forum. In the middle of last month with only a post of a few hours, the Misc section ( like this forums Off Topic Discussion) was completely deleted. No members input on the decision -----it was what the mods and admin's called a done deal. They said the forum was going on a new direction---more tech question and answer orientated. Again without the members input. And then they sprung new strickter rules about what could and could not be posted.
Except many posts within the new rules change were being locked and or deleted, and posts that had been not been allowed before the rule change ,were being allowed. Even the mods and admins conflicted each others locks and deletions of posts.

Almost afraid to post anywhere due to the post or thread being locked, deleted or getting PM by the mods or admins started the major disatisfaction of the forum. Trying to reason and ask questions why the sudden change, they said we were called childish and if we didn't like it---go to another forum.

After that it got even worse.............so here we are.....and you will probably see more from there coming.

We have come over here for a fresh start with what we have seen, some great folks who have a pleasant fun forum.

( I deleted comment about locking the post------we have had enough of that over the other place.) :shocked01:

M-Taliesin
01-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Howdy Amigo!
This might be talking out of school and perhaps even ain't appropriate, but I'll be your Huckleberry!

Many of us are newly arrived from another forum that has become a shill for the corporation PR department.
It was one of the finest forums on the entire internet. At least it was at one time. The folks who administered and moderated it were totally first rate. Top notch, and did their jobs with a wonderful decorum. It was the sort of place where folks felt a kinship with one another and we became very much like an extended family. For most of the folks who migrated here, it was a vital part of their daily lives.

The first thing was when somebody bought the old Treasurenet site, the location that hosted our forum for many years. Evidently a decision was made at a corporate level to move the forum to the corporate servers and be shed of T-Net. They didn't bother to tell anybody in advance, and the whole membership got the rude awakening when they tried to access the site and got only a terse message that the forum would be down for awhile and eventually return with changes made. No information, no explanation, no insight into what was happening. Just blam, the forum ain't there anymore.

A couple of folks, myself included, started some threads on the T-Net site where they still had a board dedicated to our brand of detectors. Evidently they set that up as a place where folks could gather after being uncerimoniously dumpled out on our collective keester. Those of us with contacts near the corporate mindset were able to access folks with an insight into what was going on, and we started to gather information to share with everybody else cast adrift so suddenely. A couple of those threads still exist over at T-Net and are among the biggest they ever had on their site.

Anyhow, the site eventually came back, with a different forum platform and different look and feel. It took quite awhile for everybody to get back to the old forum, and some few never did. Each returning member was celebrated like the prodigal returning home. Folks were genrally jubilant to have the forum back, albeit in a somewhat more cumbersome format. Folks had all manner of technical issues, such as posting photos, that was quite different from what they were accustomed to using. But in time, folks got to feeling at home. Sorta. More or less.

Now comes the biggie. You got a 25 year old admin riding herd and dictating what's what to people twice his age and then some. He conducts his administration of the forum in an arrogant and unilateral manner, with unbridled power to do whatever he pleases, regardless of how the members might feel about things. After all, don't they know he is their supreme lord and master? Don't they appreciate his status as exalted grand high Poobah? One of the things he did was to totally elinimate the entire Miscellaneous section, one of the most popular boards on the entire forum. Poof... gone... vanished in a poof of electrons. No warning. No advance word. No consideration of any members or regard for their sentiments. Nothing.

Then came the censorship. People would post their views of the matter only to have them either locked or deleted entirely. At first, any views posted that were about how ham handed this thing was being changed were simply vanished. After awhile, however, they were allowed to be seen for a time. But to mitigate the impression that people weren't happy, they eventually consolidated all the complaints into a single thread so there wasn't a whole bunch of them. Guess the admins didn't want to have things look bad, as they certainly were.

Many of the folks who felt slighted and abused left. Those members were the heart and soul of that forum. The most senior members were first to go. It was hard to get folks to work cooperatively to take steps to counter what was happening because any such thread was likely to get locked or vanished. They left the forum and many found a new home here on the American Detectorist.

What amazed me was the dictatorial style of the administration regarding changes. Here are your changes, you'll either like them or don't let a stream of electrons hit you in the backside on your way out. They said almost those words as they showed their lack of concern and even outright contempt for members who didn't knuckle under to their decisions. What had been, at one time, what every member considered our forum was made plain; It ain't your forum. It's our forum! If you don't like it, go back to T-Net! The last part of that sentence was actually used by one of the guys running the thing.

But these aren't just ordinary, run of the mill, forum members. They were forum members of a specific brand forum. They are customers first, members of the forum second. Most folks who were members bought their gear from that company. Most of them, like myself, had several machines they bought from them. Now that the checks have been cashed, guess they don't need us any more. You don't treat your customers like cattle, and that's how many of us felt. People in their 50s and 60s were being called childish by a guy barely out of puberty! Fury spread through the forum, almost directly because of abusive behavior to these members... customers... who had given their loyalty and energy to a brand that now was returning distain and lack of interest in their embedded base.

That's the quickie thumbnail sketch.

Some of us feel that the forum may yet be salvaged and have written letters to the C.E.O. of that corporation. Others have affirmed they won't be back to that forum... ever. Still more have said they'll buy their next machine from someone else. I am among that number. I'm looking at the Gold Bug 2 instead of the GMT for my trip to the Nevada gold fields. Garrett's is also American made, and have some great machines. If my patronage isn't valued, I can buy gear elsewhere. Some V3i owners have sold off their machines in favor of the eTrack, and claims are made that the Minelab machine will outgun the V3/V3i hands down.

Anyhow, that's the background story on how many of us came to be here. There is a towering anger and resentment about how they were treated, and how their loyalty was rewarded with disrespect, disregard and dismissal. Guess they don't need their long time customers, as there are new folks coming along all the time to absorb any shock to the cash flow stream. It has been made clear enough we aren't valued. Their forum has made that abundantly clear, and evidently represents the corporate attitude toward their customers. Otherwise, upper level management would step in and correct the problem. Unless, of course, upper level management isn't aware there is a problem. That's why I've been urging folks to write letters to the C.E.O. and explain to him why his customer base is eroding, and long time customers going to shop elsewhere from now on.

I'm pretty sure somebody will step up and say it isn't right for me to post this information here on this forum. And you may be right to some degree or another. However, it certainly wasn't right for what happened on the other forum to go the way things did either. When a forum loses members in a stampede outta there, something is definately rotten someplace.

I've heard from a couple of moderators here on the American Detectorist forum how they experienced similar things happen on another forum, and they know exactly what we've been through. They've told me that their experience helped shape the American Detectorist forum into the great forum it is today. Because of their own baptism by fire, they know what we are feeling. They know how much damage can be done by an arrogant and abusive leadership. They've felt it themselves, and created the American Detectorist to be better than that. They made this place to be friendly and welcoming, and thank the Gods for that. As people find their way here, there is a whole bunch of emotion coming with them. Some are angry at how they were treated elsewhere, and came to the AD forum to find comfort and solace. Others are hurting because they feel cast out of their home on the nest. Thankfully, the AD forum is here to welcome them into their own family and adopt a few strays. For this I believe all of us exiles are thankful to the folks of American Detectorist. You've made us feel welcome and appreciated.

And as for the other forum, I'm sure it will get along fine without any of us. After all, who the heck are we anyhow? Just a bunch of customers, that's all. And if you are a former member of that other forum, I urge you to write to the C.E.O. and let him know just where the bear sits. Do it respectfully, but do let him know. After all, he may watch is customer base erode and wonder why. How will he know if we don't explain it to him?
My own letter should arrive tomorrow morning, and with restricted delivery, he will be compelled to sign for it himself. Not any of the peons, but him specifically. I want to be certain he gets the message that I've bought 6 of his machines, and intend to buy from his direct competition from now on!

As of this writing, it appears that the ego of the administration is writing checks that the corporation won't be able to cash! It appears that having their own way is far more important than having loyal customers.

And them's the berries!
Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Dimeman
01-02-2011, 01:53 PM
I don't mind your post at all Mel. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

greg
01-02-2011, 01:54 PM
Well It can't be that bad some of the folks still sign on their and post. Old habits maybe.

pulltabsteve
01-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Im just here for the food thumbsup01

Dirt Fisher
01-02-2011, 02:45 PM
To sum it up, the ones who run it really stink and if it was not broke then why try and fix it. You would have thought the Moderators owned the forum as it was all about their views. So I will look in at todays finds there from time to time to see the goods but as far as it being home or a family friendly place to enjoy, thats all gone even if changes are made for the good and thats not gonna happen.

DaleGM
01-02-2011, 02:47 PM
nailed it Mel, I sill have a bad taste in my mouth over it, that was good to read a post on this issue not locked or deleted for others to see............

:beerbuddy:

Bedrock
01-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Mel: Well said. There is nothing wrong with discussing the elephant in the room. It's about time. Thanks.

jkress
01-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Thanks for posting the question Ill Digger... I was curious myself.

Also, thanks for responding guys. :yes:

Too bad about the other forum BUT their loss is our gain! lol

I was shopping around for a MD forum earlier in the year when I found this one. It was the atmosphere I was looking for. Although some of the other ones were nice... just not quite my flavor. I do check in from time to time on the other ones... but here is where I post all of my meager finds. It's a great place.

It's too bad that many of you new members are on frozen ground right now like me, cause I would love to see what treasures you all are digging up.

Welcome aboard everyone and here's to until the ground thaws... :beerbuddy:

M-Taliesin
01-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Well It can't be that bad some of the folks still sign on their and post. Old habits maybe.

Howdy Greg!
I believe you are right on the money about hold habits and all. I am still holding membership for the time being, and awaiting my letter to arrive at Sweet Home tomorrow. We'll see if any good comes of it before I completely abandon ship. Perhaps that is what others are also thinking. Meanwhile, the warm and friendly nature of this here forum make it hard to go back much and I aint likely to be posting over there at all. Not when I've got this nice place to hang my hat!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin
01-02-2011, 03:40 PM
It's too bad that many of you new members are on frozen ground right now like me, cause I would love to see what treasures you all are digging up.

Howdy Compadre!
I'm one of them guys on frozen ground. It got cold and snowy here Thursday, and things chilled up a bit. The ground is likely hard as stone, but I can't be certain because I've not been out yet this year. That being said, I'll likely get out perhaps today and certainly by tomrrow. I won't let a little snow stand in my way, nor frozen ground either. That's why I carry a rock hammer and chisels. Frozen ground may be annoying, but not beyond giving up the goods!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

My4Kiwis
01-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the recap guys...I wish I had seen this before I wrote a check for over 1600$ to Whites for my first ever detector. I don't know if it would have changed my mind but you never know.

greg
01-02-2011, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the recap guys...I wish I had seen this before I wrote a check for over 1600$ to Whites for my first ever detector. I don't know if it would have changed my mind but you never know.

You won't go wrong with a Whites machine. They just stink at running a forum. Well it's no longer a forum. Now its a advertisment. If you want to go to the site and post any thing, make sure you tell them how great they are and what a wonderful product they have and you will be fine. Oh and don't go against the mods for anything or offer advice because you will step on some toes.

jkress
01-02-2011, 03:53 PM
That's why I carry a rock hammer and chisels. Frozen ground may be annoying, but not beyond giving up the goods!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

... now that's dedication to the hobby. :yes:

If I were to cowboy up and get out there today... I'd need to add a snow blower and gas powered ice auger to my list of recovery tools. lol

I think I'll wait until March.. maybe the end of February. :rolleyes:

Ill Digger
01-02-2011, 03:58 PM
Thanks for posting the question Ill Digger... I was curious myself.No problem...Yeah...I'm nosie lol :rolleyes:
And to Dimeman & T-Maliesin , Thank you for the insight and the description of the unfortunate string of events at the other forum.
I can kinda relate . As the administrators and some of the Moderators here have informed you about there experiences .I was on that forum and one day I went looking for a few post/posters and they too had left that forum for similar circumstances. And thats how I came to find American Detectorist. And I still drop in on that forum. But I spend most of my time here. I didn't want to open a can of worms and :beatdeadhorse: but thanks again for filling us in.
HH :grin:
Come on spring !!! :twirlingeyes:

Dimeman
01-02-2011, 04:34 PM
No problem...Yeah...I'm nosie lol :rolleyes:
And to Dimeman & T-Maliesin , Thank you for the insight and the description of the unfortunate string of events at the other forum.
I can kinda relate . As the administrators and some of the Moderators here have informed you about there experiences .I was on that forum and one day I went looking for a few post/posters and they too had left that forum for similar circumstances. And thats how I came to find American Detectorist. And I still drop in on that forum. But I spend most of my time here. I didn't want to open a can of worms and :beatdeadhorse: but thanks again for filling us in.
HH :grin:
Come on spring !!! :twirlingeyes:

I posted a suggestion over there for the mods and admins 3 days ago, and it was deleted. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Just makes me mad that a few screwed up a forum, that had members who considered the other members as family.....and now the mods and admins seem not to care if we contribute to the forum, or leave it.
Without members, a forum wouldn't be in existance. :confused: :confused:

Epi-hunter
01-02-2011, 05:03 PM
I just wanted to add to this thread, from the point of view of the admins and moderators of this forum.

First, we thank you for all the kind words. We are glad this is a place that people enjoy and that we have so many terrific members here.

Many of the staff here bring experiences staffing at other forums which have led us to this approach, which is allowing members to enjoy interacting about the hobby and with each other and to have fun, while not hesitating to enforce rules to keep things that way. I have been involved with forums at both ends of that spectrum so our goal is to strike a balance to keep this an easygoing and enjoyable place.

Members here are free to express their opinions as long as it's constructive and not bashing and trashing other individuals in a hurtful way. That is true whether or not we personally agree with those opinions. In fact I think it is good to have the different perspectives; I have personally learned a lot that way. We do infrequently lock threads and remove posts, but it has only been a handful of times and it is never done without informing the member who posted it.

As for this thread, your opinions are valid to be heard because they are your opinions. I know that many and probably most of you were very long-term, loyal customers and members of that forum so you have a reason to feel as you do. I believe that keeping it constructive is the important part. I know that if members here had input/comments/constructive crticisms of this forum, we would want to know what they were. We encourage such, in fact, as it helps us do a better job with the forum.

Thanks again everyone :) We are glad you chose this place to hang your hats. :)

Sincerely,

The AD Staff

Nitro 54
01-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Well said Robbie and Huckleberry :grin: :grin: I'm one who is still straddling the fence just to see first hand what is going to happen over there.. The first day the poop hit the ceiling, I sent a long PM to the Administrator kid and told him just how his decision was going to play out.. So far I'm batting 1000 with the exception of how fast its imploding. Not going quite as fast as I thought it would.. His response was NOTED :bangahead01: :bangahead01: :bangahead01: Hows that for arrogance?? Thanks for the warm welcome here for all the out cast's..

PS:: M-T,,, You forgot to mention that the kid doesn't even swing a detector :bangahead01: :bangahead01: :bangahead01: :bangahead01:

Carl in Louisiana
01-02-2011, 05:13 PM
I do like my White's detectors thumbsup01 As for the forum some one needs to call the :stretcher: they have :blackeye: the members to death. :bop: :behave: :hammer: :beatdeadhorse: :boxing: :beatdown: :bangahead01: :bangahead01: :bangahead01: :bangahead01: If things don't change and quick it will be in it's final death throws and that is really sad cause it was home for a number of years and a lot more some of the others. White's Forum R.I.P. :beerbuddy:

But it's not the only forum in the world last time I checked rofl :twirlingeyes: :twirlingeyes:

pulltabsteve
01-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Good post Angie. I'm sure winter time is the toughest time for Mods and Admins on Detecting Forums. The members get a little stir crazy from being stuck indoors and crazy threads get started. Believe me, I've been guilty more than a few times :peace:

The difference between the whites forum and here is that the team here treat the members as equals.

I'm not an attention seeker, but when you post a pic of a seated dime you find, you expect more of a response than kewl from the mods...

That place has been going downhill for a while now. In the past month or 2 it flatlined. :teasing:

Yes, I was 1 of those members who have been there for a long time. We had lots of fun at 1 point. The car shows in the winter time were awesome!!! Maybe Toad and Judy can get it started here.

Some people who recently came over here may be waiting to see how the other site turns out. I made up my mind here is where i want to be. I wish I would have found this place sooner.

The funny thing about all of this is the whites mods know we're here. I KNOW they come in and peek around, see us all having a good time and wonder where they went wrong rofl rofl GOTTA LOVE IT!

Salty Dog
01-02-2011, 06:19 PM
Well I have to say,sound like you guys pretty much said it all,of which i concur,it was time for a change,and i am thankful for the warm reception i have recieved here....It is a place to be proud of and is starting to feel like home again,Thank you,Dave

Judy
01-02-2011, 06:52 PM
Well said everyone. I for one won't :beatdeadhorse: issue.

Epi...I can completely understand/sympathize, after a long partnership, & admin of a very large md forum myself up until this spring. Too many family commitments and daughter's wedding took #1 in my life and felt I could NOT keep the quality/standards that our members expected & deserved 100% always!

Even tho having my own, Whites was my home, my family BIG time!!

I extended my hand behind the scenes early on, to those involved in Admin. that if there was ever a time they needed a how does answer, I was only a pm away.

I won't get into specifics already addressed above, but when it is clearly stated black/white to the entire membership to go elsewhere if they don't like it...man, that's all I needed to hear! 8/

From what I've heard the new rules change frequently, with no clear concise detailing in these rules of what is to be expected & allowed for posting! :crazy:

For those established members here...we're all a good bunch, not troublemakers, never rude, occasionally during winter months yesss we can get a thread off topic...but it usually peters itself out. ;)

I look forward to a new beginning in a new year thumbsup01

Dirt Fisher
01-02-2011, 07:29 PM
I :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: ALL my Whites family from the other forum. Glad we are all here, well most of us, and glad to see we are all happy again. I can be very hateful so I won't go any further with bashing the Bosses there as I was sure to tell each what I thought of them. :ticked: :ticked: :ticked: Oh and I love the Smiley selection too. Thank you folks for a GREAT forum where we all don't have to be on pins and needles.

RaZR
01-02-2011, 07:53 PM
I go back to post birthday posts. :yes: Some people won't get a happy birthday post if someone doesn't go do it.

Dirt Fisher
01-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Good post Angie. I'm sure winter time is the toughest time for Mods and Admins on Detecting Forums. The members get a little stir crazy from being stuck indoors and crazy threads get started. Believe me, I've been guilty more than a few times :peace:

The difference between the whites forum and here is that the team here treat the members as equals.

I'm not an attention seeker, but when you post a pic of a seated dime you find, you expect more of a response than kewl from the mods...

That place has been going downhill for a while now. In the past month or 2 it flatlined. :teasing:

Yes, I was 1 of those members who have been there for a long time. We had lots of fun at 1 point. The car shows in the winter time were awesome!!! Maybe Toad and Judy can get it started here.

Some people who recently came over here may be waiting to see how the other site turns out. I made up my mind here is where i want to be. I wish I would have found this place sooner.

The funny thing about all of this is the mods know we're here. I KNOW they come in and peek around, see us all having a good time and wonder where they went wrong rofl rofl GOTTA LOVE IT!
Here you go Stevie Ray Gun.... LOL!!!

Dirt Fisher
01-02-2011, 08:05 PM
I knew that would come in handy. rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Carl in Louisiana
01-02-2011, 08:20 PM
OH MIKE !!! that is just cold dude :rolleyes: :rolleyes: rofl rofl

rsarge1
01-02-2011, 08:28 PM
Welcome guys heres my 2 cents worth any ways I have been on this forum for some time now as well as the other forum and I think you will find it a warm and friendly place to hang out in, <: <: I know I have, Im like Nitro im on the fence myself :confused: but I think after hearing the horror stories I may be leaning towards this side of the fence :beerbuddy: :beerbuddy: once again welcome and enjoy as I know you will.

sarge

channelmaniac
01-02-2011, 08:36 PM
As a former moderator of that forum I have to say that while it was over on T-Net we had a few blowups over posts and threads during a few periods of growing pains and during Cabin Fever Season.

We moderators, Rudy and I then Robert and Kenny too tried to keep the forum according to White's wishes at the time: Family friendly, no buying/selling, and no competitive brand discussions. Thanks to a certain dealer there was an addition of no competitive posturing too.

The worst blow up IMHO was when someone posted a racial slur and was moderated. Boy that stirred up a hornets nest! Free speech was yelled and Rudy & I had to remind people that it was a moderated forum and not a free speech venue. We also had to get them to think about what kind of message those types of posts would send to perspective customers who aren't white males. The forum is an extension of the company whose products every member used and loved. Once that was understood the users became self policing and our moderating job became MUCH easier.

My time on the forum was less and less towards the end of my moderator status. We spent more time banning spammers than moderating posts and I was looking for a good excuse to step down when the admin decided to change out moderators. The timing was great for me but what happened next was something I felt was a true slap in the face. The forum was drastically changed overnight and without a good plan or without much thought behind it. It was a total shock to me as I was 100% in the dark about it.

Rules were in flux for over a week and the moderators were coming down on posts like it was an unfriendly/uncaring monarchy. Posts were disappearing without notice/notification and people were being dealt with for revolting against the changes.

Rest assured if I was in place as a moderator there would've been a much smoother transistion to the forum. If the admin would've announced the changes, let people know what they were going to be, why they were changing, and what the new layout and rules would be then most of this could've been avoided. It's like it was all done off the cuff and without much thought of the forum users who are all customers that buy the company's products. I'm sorry that I wasn't part of the changes on the forum.

RJ

pulltabsteve
01-02-2011, 09:01 PM
I knew that would come in handy. rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Thanks Mike! :grin:

Dirt Fisher
01-02-2011, 09:05 PM
I thought you might appreciate that. Got to admit that it was funny. But only to us that have been there and done that of corse.

Goat Rancher
01-03-2011, 12:04 AM
I think Mel did a pretty good job summing things up. I was one off the first ones to go after trying to get them to listen to what forum members wanted in a forum. I sent several emails and PM's to them . I was asked to explain what I meant when I told them they they were out of touch with forum members and it appears they don't care about members concerns. I never got a reply after I, in detail, explained what I meant and how folks were feeling so I told them to delete my account and delete all my posts (around 4000) as I did not want my finds to promote purchases for their products since the forum had become cold, commercialized, and run by a Gestapo type mentality. After the second request to do so, they deleted my account and posts. I won't go back regardless of what they do. :beatdeadhorse:

channelmaniac
01-03-2011, 12:15 AM
Don't feel bad Froggy, I had a post moderated after I became a standard member.

I told someone about the manual ground balance you can do on the Prizm series and promptly was told it was something that shouldn't be out on the forum.

As for why someone else's pic was allowed to stay, I have no idea. Maybe they decided to let the cat out of the bag... hard to say. I do know that one of the beta testers was bitched at for letting restricted info slip more than once - for the V3 and for the TDI.

M-Taliesin
01-03-2011, 02:07 AM
Howdy Folks!
Now that we've hashed out what happened, and everybody knows the situation, and the evidence appears to be that White's isn't interested in us as customers, how about we put this topic to bed, eh? It's been brought out into the light of day (or night as happens to be my case right now) and we all know the score.

This is merely a suggestion, but how about we close this chapter of our lives and move forward into a new year on a new forum and leave what's past in the past?

The new year is one filled with bright hope and a world of opportunity for all of us. We can move forward more swiftly if we leave yesterday's baggage behind. Let's all get out there and start the new year with terrific finds, productive hunts, and all the fun we will have.

That song heard this time of year is particularly poignant;
May old acquaitance be forgot, and never broght to mind,

Well, lots of the old acquaitance is right here, along with a whole bunch of new friends.
I'm hoping to get out tomorrow and plow through the snow with my coil and drag home some more gold and silver. Who knows, I might have something really nifty to show off, and if I do, you'll see it here! Yes, right here where we still have a community of friends and kinship with those that share our hobby.

Methinks this will be a terrific year, and I for one would shake the dust off my feet from sad lament to one of good cheer and fellowship! Anybody care to share the ride?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Carver
01-08-2011, 08:09 AM
Let's just forget about the other place and continue having fun on this forum <: <: <: <: <:

greg
01-08-2011, 09:07 AM
What Carver said It's like ground hogs day with that topic

M-Taliesin
01-09-2011, 12:16 AM
What Carver said It's like ground hogs day with that topic

Howdy Greg!
Not quite like Groundhog's Day. In the movie by that name, the guy eventually got out of that cycle.
Hmmmm kinda like we all got out of Dodge!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin