PDA

View Full Version : Tokens, junk rings, wheats

Nick A
01-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Dave (MrStuff) called this morning and said he and Anthony were headed over to a park nearby. I wasn't feeling so good (I have a cold) and dang it was cold outside, but I figured I could go out for a bit since it was close by. Dave was dead set on finding all the pulltabs he could. Oops, I mean, finding some gold jewelry. :tongue: Anthony was the first to succumb to the cold (he found a piece of silver necklace), I was second to go and Dave stuck it out... and ended up with three silver dimes, a token, some wheats and other stuff. I turned up a &quot:beerbuddy: pin and two junk rings, both old, one marked with the U and arrow mark of Uncas Manufacturing Company. In business since 1911, that ring probably dates to the 1920s. The other ring is a kinda neat kids baseball ring. Also got two old tokens, a few wheats mostly in the teens and a 1925 buffalo nickel. No silver for me today.

coinnut
01-02-2011, 07:42 PM
And who says detecting isn't a disease? lol Even when sick, the mind is thinking detecting :yes: Great job of pulling some keepers from the muck. I kinda like the junk rings since they come in all different styles. A buff and some nice tokens round out a nice day. Hope you gave your cold away though lol

Salty Dog
01-02-2011, 07:46 PM
WTG Nick,you are right it was cold here today :frozen:,I squeeked in a couple of rings locally,must be a pretty old park,you got some goodies and any hunt that ends with a ring is a good one :beerbuddy: ,Dave

Nitro 54
01-02-2011, 08:39 PM
That's some fine looking goods for feeling puny.. :happydance01: I'll bet that crisp fresh air really made you feel better :sick: :frozen: :frozen: :frozen:

Napa Steve
01-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Hats off to you for braving the cold with a cold, you made it all worth while with some nice finds thumbsup01

pulltabsteve
01-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Nice saves Nick! Worth going out in the cold to get some nice oldies :peace:

RaZR
01-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Kewl finds. rofl lol rofl
No really, nice tokens. Reward for braving the cold while feeling sickly.
Get ahold of the colgate/palmolive peeps and see what they'll pay for that token.
Or you should still be able to save a dime on shave cream. :happydance01:

odave
01-02-2011, 09:40 PM
Nice going ! Congrats on the Finds :peace:

SeabeeRon
01-02-2011, 09:50 PM
Good digs in the New Year! :yes: