PDA

View Full Version : Note to Moderators!

M-Taliesin
01-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Howdy Mods!
Just a quick note to thank you folks for having a really great forum and for being so welcoming to a whole herd of new arrivals. We surely do appreciate your warmth and hospitality.

One word of caution might be in order. Many of us, myself included, have a remarkably warped sense of humor. There will be times you find yourself scratching your head as you try to understand precisely what's being discussed, and that's okay. I sometimes have trouble keeping track of things myself. You may even hear me say strange things like, That's shpadoinkle! and wonder what on earth that's all about. It's okay. It may occur to you that some of us might be crazy. Certifiable perhaps.

We respect the rules of the forum, and appreciate the latitude you folks give in letting folks them responsibility for their own posts, and we are pretty darn good about abiding to the rules. We tend to exercise due diligence in our postings. But the sense of humor in this crowd can prove bewildering or even bizarre to the uninitiated.
In fact, I've often been told I'm pretty funny, but looks ain't everything!

I'm pretty sure you'll see topics or threads that just don't seem to make sense nohow, but those of us who get it will be all in stitches. It might seem perplexing at times. And I'd recommend you dont let it bother you if you do not get it because there have been plenty of times that I didnt get it either. That does not dissuade me from jumping in and adding to the madness of whatever the topic is. And that's okay too, because in our zany nature lies a real wealth of detecting fervor! Some of this crew have decades of detecting experience and know things I have yet to learn! Together with the most knowledgable folks already here, the experience and knowledge base improves to the benefit of all.

You folks are doing a terrific job, and have shown a great deal of acceptance for those of us already here. I suspect more will be coming. In fact, after talking with another friend this morning, he signed up and is merrily posting away already. It won't be long before his sidekick shows up here too, of that I'm certain.

While the adoption agency might have been overwhelmed, ya'll showed a great willingness to include a whole bunch more into your family, and we surely do appreciate everything. And I'll wager my new Stetson that we'll all blend together into a cohesive whole that will benefit everybody involved.

Once the initial shock passes, that is!

Love ya all,
Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Dimeman
01-07-2011, 09:41 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Nicely said Mel.

M-Taliesin
01-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Nicely said Mel.

Howdy Robbie!
oddly enough, yours is the first reply I got on this one in 4 days!
Guess folks are distracted right now. Can't hardly say I'd blame 'em.
They suddenly got swamped by all these miscreants that showed up all of a sudden!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Judy
01-07-2011, 09:46 PM
lol

They have to be used to us by now :shocked01: lol

greg
01-07-2011, 09:47 PM
ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

M-Taliesin
01-07-2011, 09:49 PM
lol

They have to be used to us by now :shocked01: lol

Howdy Judy!
I dunno. We are an unusual crop of members to show up all suddenly like!
Could be they're still trying to figure out what they done to deserve all this!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

CyberSage
01-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Trust me... you all fit in here perfectly. :behave: We have not started the traditional new member initiations yet.

Mel, your first...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_eLHmSqyC1ns/TOue82e-TpI/AAAAAAAAATM/sN4fY6pMkbI/s1600/fraternity-initiation-paddling.jpg

lol

del
01-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Trust me... you all fit in here perfectly. :behave: We have not started the traditional new member initiations yet.

Mel, your first...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_eLHmSqyC1ns/TOue82e-TpI/AAAAAAAAATM/sN4fY6pMkbI/s1600/fraternity-initiation-paddling.jpg

lol

jeez Jack , now your going to create a mass exodus from here with that image lol lol

Dimeman
01-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Come on Mel...........

PLEASE SIR....CAN I HAVE ANOTHER :huh:thinkingabout:? :devilish: :devilish: :devilish:

coinnut
01-07-2011, 10:56 PM
That scene may be a reality somewhere's else...I'm just saying lol

pulltabsteve
01-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Moderators with a sense of humor thumbsup01 Welcome to the twilight zone forum... <:

Dimeman
01-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Moderators with a sense of humor thumbsup01 Welcome to the twilight zone forum... <:

Almost hard to imagine........but a very nice change indeed :grin: :grin:

greg
01-08-2011, 06:57 AM

Mel, your first...

lol

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl :cheering: You can't beat this place.

Carl in Louisiana
01-08-2011, 07:18 AM
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl :cheering: You can't beat this place.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl This is awesome.....RUN MEL lol lol lol lol

SeabeeRon
01-08-2011, 08:32 PM
You still got it Jack! rofl

M-Taliesin
01-08-2011, 09:05 PM
We have not started the traditional new member initiations yet.
Mel, your first...
lol

Howdy Jack!
I don't know if I wanna go first. After all, I already got beat up on another forum!
LOL!!!!! So there!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

CyberSage
01-10-2011, 11:26 PM
Your a good man Mel! lol

M-Taliesin
01-11-2011, 05:51 AM
Your a good man Mel! lol

Howdy Jack!
I have moments. Usually on or about the third Tuesday of the month!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Indy!
01-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Hey Tali I bet I'm that sidekick you mentioned, right? HaHa! Yeah, I finally got signed up. But I'm not the sidekck! Todd's the sidekick! OLO

wingmaster
01-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Those pics look like there from the other forum's, the beatings will continue until morale improves.

Dixie Rebel
01-11-2011, 02:15 PM
rofl

Dimeman
01-11-2011, 04:49 PM
bye bye diggerbob........

:crazy:

russellt
01-11-2011, 05:14 PM
we are all harmless.. like a fangless scorpion or a stingerless pit viper :poke: :popcorn:

M-Taliesin
01-30-2011, 08:47 PM
bye bye diggerbob........

Howdy Robbie!
Now that he's gone, I sorta miss that little ray of banality he brought into our lives.
He obvioulsy wasn't much of a digger.
Kinda like an electronic Mordachai!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin