PDA

View Full Version : Other forum

wingmaster
01-04-2011, 01:09 PM
Not so sure if allowed to mention other forum's on here so I won't to be safe but wow is all I can say about the last comment they gave me. If you can find the one I'm talking about here you should check out the last comment I got from them in the feedback forum section. It doesn't appear to me they really care to much for their members to help each other out.

M-Taliesin
01-04-2011, 01:22 PM
Howdy Pard!
First, let me express my joy at seeing you here and posting merrily on our new forum.
Actually, some real fine folks set this forum up and we just happened along when quite a few found it after the chaos elsewhere.

We've had a thread here that told the tale for the curious and it was pretty well hashed out. Some of us have taken the time and energy to write to Mr. Ken White in hopes that upper management might step in and fix things over there, but I ain't waiting around to find out.

Meanwhile, we have a great forum here, and I don't see any need for further abuse by visiting the old one. It is a new year and we have a new forum. I'm all about shaking the dust of the past, and moving forward in hopes of enjoying a really great year. Since we have this one, I think maybe I'll just leave the old one alone to wither and die. I've sent my letters out, and await a response. Meanwhile, I can enjoy this forum and all the great people I knew from the other one are showing up here as they learn about it.

Welcome to the American Detectorist forum, and happy new year to you and yours.
Hope all your hunts prove bountiful.

But as the forum of yesteryear, I ain't gonna spend much more time :beatdeadhorse:

If they don't care about their customers, then their customers will find somebody that does!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

wingmaster
01-04-2011, 01:28 PM
I don't think its the forum your thinking of its another one I won't mention the name but its not a manufacture forum, just a detecting forum. Goat rancher probably knows the one I'm speaking of here he couldn't even message me about this forum it kept getting deleted, he had to E-mail me the link to this forum as they were sensoring the message he was sending me through the forum.

M-Taliesin
01-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Howdy Pardner!
Yeah, I know the one you're talking about.
Ain't it tragic how forums just seem to love self destruction?

But the same principal applies. Vote with your feet, and if they don't satisfy you,
leave 'em in the dust.

I believe some of the mods on this forum once were on that other forum, and now they're here.

Life is too short to suffer fools gladly. You can't reason with a bullhead moose.
Just better to find a greener pasture and enjoy the new opportunities that come your way!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

wingmaster
01-04-2011, 01:43 PM
That is one reason people are reluctant to help others out for free, you try do some good for people and still get burnt. They are just wanting to run people off it seems, oh well I guess its good to know where they stand. I've logged out and won't be logging in that forum again.

Goat Rancher
01-04-2011, 02:31 PM
It is very restrictive over there Todd. :behave: I suspect it is for the usual reasons; power and money. :interesting:

M-Taliesin
01-04-2011, 02:53 PM
It is very restrictive over there Todd. :behave: I suspect it is for the usual reasons; power and money. :interesting:

Howdy Goat!
Yeppers. Power and money. Seems to be going around.
Glad we got this forum to rely on with great folks who run the thing.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

giant056
01-04-2011, 04:20 PM
y'all must be talking about the same forum I was on

Goat Rancher
01-04-2011, 04:42 PM
I haven't seen you on this one Larry. :confused:

CyberSage
01-04-2011, 10:20 PM
Not so sure if allowed to mention other forum's on here so I won't to be safe...

I am sorry you guys had it so rough elsewhere. You are all doing great. Just relax and have fun. Your allowed to mention other forums here, and link to them if it is in relative to the content of your post. Your discretion is very respectful and appreciated wingmaster. Thanks for your concern.

Jack

M-Taliesin
01-04-2011, 11:54 PM
I am sorry you guys had it so rough elsewhere. You are all doing great. Just relax and have fun. Your allowed to mention other forums here, and link to them if it is in relative to the content of your post. Your discretion is very respectful and appreciated wingmaster. Thanks for your concern.

Howdy Jack!
When folks have been abused on other forums, they come to American Detectorist just a bit gunshy.
They don't want to infringe on the rules and certainly don't want anything to happen to them that
happened elsewhere, so they may be just a bit cautious. Understandable, considering the circumstances
they left behind. I'm sure everybody will relax and grow in confidence when they realize how
great this forum is, how wonderful the mods are, and how understanding everyone is. But until the
scabs heal over, some folks might be just a bit tender.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

russellt
01-05-2011, 10:52 PM
my name is russellt and i am an addict. i love to deplete batteries and wonder through weeds , briars and other brush in the pursuit of silver, gold and anything that has history and was once meaningfull to somebody .. i love detecting . that freedom is just as precious as freedom of speech . which takes a beating elsewhere in the name of propriatory snobbery ........ that is all >:)

M-Taliesin
01-06-2011, 12:00 PM
.. i love detecting . that freedom is just as precious as freedom of speech . which takes a beating elsewhere in the name of propriatory

Howdy Russell!
Wow, that's a great way to put it. Nicely said.
Now if you'll excuse me, I believe it's just about lunchtime at Guantanamo Bay!
They have tater salad on Thursdays, don'cha know!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

SeabeeRon
01-06-2011, 01:06 PM
There are several good Forums out there, but some not so nice ones as well!! There are 2, maybe 3 I look into daily!

Lowjiber
01-06-2011, 06:24 PM
...how wonderful the mods are...

I'm the handsome one. :rolleyes:

del
01-06-2011, 06:34 PM
I'm the handsome one. :rolleyes:

yes John we know :rolleyes: , your always starring at yourself in the moderators bathroom . :barf:

greg
01-06-2011, 06:37 PM
yes John we know :rolleyes: , your always starring at yourself in the moderators bathroom . :barf:

Wow so the mods have their own bathroom :shocked04:

pulltabsteve
01-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Wow so the mods have their own bathroom :shocked04:

I just knew this was a classy place

SeabeeRon
01-06-2011, 06:57 PM
It has a Gold Key!! :poke: :teasing:

Lowjiber
01-06-2011, 07:13 PM
It has a Gold Key!! :poke: :teasing:

rofl

Toadman
01-07-2011, 10:53 AM
That place was related to my morning cup of coffee everyday for many years, I'm still not understanding why they wanted most of us gone, But it's thier forum, And you sometimes just have to walk away.... I'll be looking into other brands if my mxt's both die, And won't be telling everyone interested in the hobby, what a great company they are ever again..

I'm very ,very thankful for this forum, And to all involved in building, And modding it.. :popcorn:

greg
01-07-2011, 10:58 AM
That place was related to my morning cup of coffee everyday for many years, I'm still not understanding why they wanted most of us gone, But it's thier forum, And you sometimes just have to walk away.... I'll be looking into other brands if my mxt's both die, And won't be telling everyone interested in the hobby, what a great company they are ever again..

I'm very ,very thankful for this forum, And to all involved in building, And modding it.. :popcorn:

Well don't feel so bad rick they wanted me gone when it was still a good forum lol That was a couple years ago now