PDA

View Full Version : Next Surgery Date

M-Taliesin
01-04-2011, 03:03 PM
Howdy Folks!
As you probably know by now, the surgery I was to have on Dec 31st didn't happen.
Things went badly askew when they couldn't seem to find a vein to start an I.V.

I visited with the surgeon yesterday and he has rescheduled my next surgery attempt for January 25th.
It is my hope that I'll get the job done and be on the mend almost immediately afterward.
He will take me first thing in the morning at a different surgical center much closer to home.
The downside being, I'll need to arrive at 6:00am for my surgical prep.

While I thought I was being clever by suggesting he order me up a visit to Aurora Medical Center to have them start an I.V. line there, using an AV300 vein finder, illuminator or otoscope to help pinpoint a vein, he said he didn't feel that was necessary. I wanted to get a line started the evening before and show up for surgery with all the plumbing already installed. But he said that was unnecessary. He said in worst case scenario, they plug into the jugular vein. That's a pretty brutal stick, so I hope it doesn't come to that. He also said they wouldn't allow any of the nurses to mess with me and would have the gas passer insert the line. That does not give me an abundance of comfort.

Anyhow, that's the latest.

Meanwhile, I still have a torn medial meniscus and a badly damaged lateral meniscus in my left knee.
I cant kneel to dig targets and getting in and out of the car at work makes that a real painful experience too.
Guess I'll just need to wait my next appointment to get this thing resolved.

Wish me luck, because it looks like I'm gonna need it.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

wingmaster
01-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Prayers will be with you and good luck. Hope the healing process is quick so you will be ready to detect when the weather gets nice. Talk about brutal I thought they probably had a special way to take out a feeding tube boy was I ever wrong, then when my trache was to be taken out I thought they would close up the hole in my neck wrong again. It healed fine on in own though one of the best scars for a trache that I've seen.

Goat Rancher
01-04-2011, 03:13 PM
It can be very tough with health issues. :sick: I am a believer in if you live long enough you will most likely have everything there is to have and most of it is bad. :ticked:

Good Luck Mel. thumbsup01

giant056
01-04-2011, 04:37 PM
I don't like being put under, good luck with your surgery Mel.

odave
01-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Good Luck Mel ...They'll get You all taken care of this time :stretcher: You'll be back out there finding
the Gold before You know it :beerbuddy: thumbsup01

Dave :interesting:

coinnut
01-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Praying and rooting for you Mel. :cheering: Just keep telling yourself how nice it's gonna be come Spring when you can detect. lol I tell myself that every Sunday, so that I can get psyched up for the following Saturday's hunt thumbsup01 Works like a charm :cheesysmile:

Evan/tn
01-05-2011, 07:28 AM
Hang in there Mel,soon all this will be behind you and just a bad memory

M-Taliesin
01-05-2011, 07:55 AM
Hang in there Mel,soon all this will be behind you and just a bad memory

Howdy Evan!
I was hoping to be busily reminiscing already by now!
Patience may be a virtue, but it has the virtue of being something I never contracted!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

My4Kiwis
01-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Hang in there Mel...Just think, maybe your rehab will include swinging a coil.

Dimeman
01-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Howdy Evan!
I was hoping to be busily reminiscing already by now!
Patience may be a virtue, but it has the virtue of being something I never contracted!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Don't those Dr's know that this setback is cutting into your metal detecting time:huh:thinkingabout:? :grin:
How unthoughtfull of them......... :( :(

M-Taliesin
01-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Don't those Dr's know that this setback is cutting into your metal detecting time:huh:thinkingabout:? :grin:
How unthoughtfull of them......... :( :(

Howdy Robbie!
Yeah, ain't that the truth. It is nice enough outside I should be detecting but my knee has been painful some today. I only did a real short hunt yesterday, but it left me pretty sore. Must have been that one section of tot lot structures that I had to work my way under to fetch a target. Bad idea.

Bad Idea? that sounds like a catchy title for a thread!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Dimeman
01-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Howdy Robbie!
Yeah, ain't that the truth. It is nice enough outside I should be detecting but my knee has been painful some today. I only did a real short hunt yesterday, but it left me pretty sore. Must have been that one section of tot lot structures that I had to work my way under to fetch a target. Bad idea.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

&quot:beerbuddy:ad Idea? that sounds like a catchy title for a thread!

I was drinking some water when I read that---- and I sprayed my monitor. rofl rofl rofl Talk about Deja Vu...... :cheesysmile:

Dixie Rebel
01-07-2011, 08:10 PM
My prayers go out to you Mel. You will be up and about in no time showing us all those great finds once again.

M-Taliesin
01-08-2011, 03:18 AM
My prayers go out to you Mel. You will be up and about in no time showing us all those great finds once again.

Howdy Dixie!
Thank you for your thoughtfulness. It surely is appreciated. That goes for everybody here.
Thanks for your kind thoughts.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin