PDA

View Full Version : settings for the E-trac at the beach

1147SILVER
01-04-2011, 06:04 PM
To all you pros out there what should my sceen look like and what should be my settings hunting on the beach.

what is gold coming at what kind of numbers are the magic ones

Steve 1147

coinnut
01-05-2011, 06:35 PM
To all you pros out there what should my sceen look like and what should be my settings hunting on the beach.

what is gold coming at what kind of numbers are the magic ones

Steve 1147

No pro here Steve, but I'm gonna run mine wide open lol Sens as high as I can with my regular pattern, except I will remove the small amount of discrimination I have in the low CO numbers, so I don't miss any small gold. Then it's deep on, fast off, trash density low, ground neutral, ferrous two tone and then I'm off like race car lol

randy
01-06-2011, 06:53 AM
I found I couldn't run manual in the wet sand (way too much falsing at CO 01), and I didn't want to notch it out, so I ran auto +3. Otherwise, what Coinnut said.

The question is, is it better to run man 26-30 and notch out 01, or leave it wide open and run auto +3? I'm imagining small gold lives at 01, so that's why I did it that way.

Judy
01-06-2011, 10:53 AM
You know I've just learned something here today thank u very much!! I have always heard the Etrac was really a relic machine :huh:

Good to hear - and I'll be reading up more :popcorn:

coinnut
01-06-2011, 11:46 AM
I found I couldn't run manual in the wet sand (way too much falsing at CO 01), and I didn't want to notch it out, so I ran auto +3. Otherwise, what Coinnut said.

The question is, is it better to run man 26-30 and notch out 01, or leave it wide open and run auto +3? I'm imagining small gold lives at 01, so that's why I did it that way.

Hey Randy, I have never done a beach hunt, so I'm gonna try both ways and see. Some gold surely must be in the Cthumbsup011 range, but I'm hoping, not much ;) So wide open w/ auto+3 and/or high manual w/ CO 01 notched out is gonna be tried.

You know I've just learned something here today thank u very much!! I have always heard the Etrac was really a relic machine :huh:

Good to hear - and I'll be reading up more :popcorn:

Just ask Angel if it's a coinshooting machine lol It does great on coins in parks and I believe it's gonna hold it's own at the beach. It won't beat out some strictly beach machines, but I bet it handles the sand well. I'm just guessing on the beach part, since it will take some tweaking to see if it handles the wet sand and black sand as well. But I can't wait to try it. Now I just need a nor'easter to take some sand away and a day off from work and I will be :drool: :drool: :drool: lol