PDA

View Full Version : My ugliest silver ring!!!!

Napa Steve
01-05-2011, 12:06 AM
I headed out of town today to hit some of my weekly sites, I came across a recreation area that is having its pool resurfaced, this site is gated and I believe has never been hit, I talked to the construction guys about hunting the area for 30 minutes and they said no problem, there were good targets everywhere, I would set my machine down only to have it land on another good target, after 15 minutes I realized this site is going to take much longer, so I only started only digging quarter and gold signals, I got a strong signal with a 91 VDI, I dug down about 4 inches and found what I thought was a nut, I cleaned wiped it down with my shirt and noticed the 925 marking on the inside, this has got to be the ugliest silver ring that I have ever found but it is silver so Ill take it, after only 20 minutes of hunting I had a ring and over 4 bucks in change, my hunting buddy Kim and I always share our hot sites so I talked to the construction foreman about coming back Thursday, once again he said no problem, Kim has a new MXT Pro coming tomorrow (Wednesday) so we will be hitting it Thursday and hopefully will have some nice low VDI finds.

M-Taliesin
01-05-2011, 12:30 AM
Howdy Pard!
That surely looks like it would be an uncomfortable ring to wear. And it ain't much in the looks department, but that won't matter much at melt value!

A ring like that makes you wonder whether it was lost or simply discarded!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Jeff (or)
01-05-2011, 01:49 AM
A ring is a ring. That looks like a big chunk of silver Cool find Steve!! :happydance01:

giant056
01-05-2011, 04:05 AM
Nice big hunk of silver you got there Steve thumbsup01 like Mel said that thing has to be about the most uncomfortable ring you could wear.

wild willy
01-05-2011, 05:51 AM
ah!! i like it :grin: willy

Evan/tn
01-05-2011, 07:23 AM
That's a chunk of silver Steve way to go :happydance01:
Yep that place sounds like a virgin spot for sure,hope they give you enough time to give it a proper going over thumbsup01

coinnut
01-05-2011, 09:17 AM
I think it's kinda neat looking too lol Maybe it looks better when you put it on. But I bet it doesn't feel too good if you get into a fight. Looks like it can do a bit of damage. But silver is silver and you have an unbelievable site to hit. :clapping: I would hurry since I don't think it will be available for too long.

greg
01-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Looks like somthinng you would thread on a pipe lol

Beefcake
01-05-2011, 10:34 AM
cool that it is silver...but yeah..ouch! I don't think I'd enjoy wearing something like that.

tanacat
01-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Yep it's ugly :yes: But it's silver! Good thing you didn't toss it in your trash pocket! lol How about those silver prices lately :shocked04:stretcher:

Salty Dog
01-05-2011, 12:59 PM
Yep! it's a real looker :poke:,but silver,beats a lug nut :yes:,hope you guys nail the rings next time there,O+VDI's up,best of luck,Dave

Ill Digger
01-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Yeah it does look like a nut. lol
And I'd have to agree it's probably very uncomfortable to wear !! :yes:
Still a nice find!!
Congrats !! :grin:
Good luck on your return trip !

Napa Steve
01-05-2011, 02:59 PM
I think it's kinda neat looking too lol Maybe it looks better when you put it on. But I bet it doesn't feel too good if you get into a fight. Looks like it can do a bit of damage. But silver is silver and you have an unbelievable site to hit. :clapping: I would hurry since I don't think it will be available for too long.
Yea I wanted to hit it today (Wednesday) my hunting buddy is waiting on his new MXT which is being delivered today, we will both be hitting it tomorrow for sure, I will post some pictures of the site sometime tomorrow, I did pick up the construction crew a twelve pack which they appreciated, I think their waiting for my return also :beerbuddy:, as for the ugly ring the kiln don't mind it a bit.

Evan/tn
01-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Yea I wanted to hit it today (Wednesday) my hunting is waiting on his new MXT which is being delivered today, we will both be hitting it tomorrow for sure, I will post some pictures of the site sometime tomorrow, I did pick up the construction crew a twelve pack which they appreciated, I think their waiting for my return also :beerbuddy:, as for the ugly ring the kiln don't mind it a bit.

So now were bribing construction crews with alcohol now are we :beerbuddy: :beerbuddy: :grin:
Why didn't i think of that :thinkingabout:

Epi-hunter
01-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Are you sure that isn't some kind of a nut? :confused: But hey, a really heavy silver ring :happydance01: Cool!

odave
01-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Steve it's a Silver Ring !! <: Good luck tomorrow :peace:
And some Beer does go a long Way with the Construction Crew :beerbuddy: :beerbuddy:
Congrats Buddy :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Carver
01-05-2011, 07:58 PM
A ring is a ring is a ring,,,,,,,,,nice find Steve <: <:

russellt
01-05-2011, 11:02 PM
:cheering: sometimes you feel like a nut , sometimes you dont .......... i would take that malformed hunk of silver any day ... great find in my book ,.. but yep its uglier than a bowling shoe

pulltabsteve
01-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Good luck at that place Steve!!! Yes, its UGLY but Silver <: :happydance01: :clapping:

Salty Dog
01-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Ok Since we don't have Ground Snooper here,I'll take it if you don't want it :grin:,I hope by now you have revisited the site and scored....post some pics,cabin fever is setting in :interesting: :grin:

coinnut
01-06-2011, 07:42 PM
but yep its uglier than a bowling shoe

Yeah, why is that? How come bowling shoes are so ugly lol Is it so we don't steal them? :dontknow:

Spike
01-06-2011, 09:47 PM
Ugly ring! ya but at least you get to keep it- my wife takes mine- bet she would let me keep that one rofl rofl

cnr_dogs
01-06-2011, 09:52 PM
NIce hunt and large piece of silver WTG on the fugly ring :clapping:

BOWSER
01-06-2011, 10:39 PM
i have a strange one found on a cape cod beach ,this is mexican silver and the stone in it looks like a peice of granite tombstone.

DaleGM
01-07-2011, 01:34 AM
throw a treble hook on it , fish like those shiny silver things :poke: good hunt brah see ya Saturday :peace:

jkress
01-07-2011, 01:48 PM
:shocked04:

Design = :barf:

.925 = :peace:

It's a unique one for sure.

cliffy
01-08-2011, 12:56 AM
Pure UGLY! :beerbuddy:

BillZ
01-08-2011, 11:10 PM
I don't think it's that ugly. Probably was owned by a mechanic.
I bet it's the heaviest silver ring you find this year!