PDA

View Full Version : need some help here

greg
01-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Could someone please advice me as to why TV shows that are currently on the major networks stink so badly. :barf: Why do I have so many TV in the house I don't know.

coinnut
01-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Could someone please advice me as to why TV shows that are currently on the major networks stink so badly. :barf: Why do I have so many TV in the house I don't know.

TV stinks now, so we dumped cable TV. They were shocked :shocked04: and asked if we are getting Satelite instead of them. I told them NO, TV stinks and I could do with only about 10 channels and am paying for hundreds of them :ticked: Now I just hook up the internet to the flat screen and watch the things I like. You don't get to watch some stuff when it's brand new, but after a while it's on the internet for free :happydance01:

Dimeman
01-05-2011, 02:20 PM
With over 100 channels to choose from........why isn't there loads of good shows to watch:huh:thinkingabout:? :confused: :confused:

Napa Steve
01-05-2011, 03:02 PM
You can always watch a nice San Jose Sharks game :peace: :peace:

Dimeman
01-05-2011, 03:08 PM
You can always watch a nice San Jose Sharks game :peace: :peace:

I'd rather watch a metal detecting DVD. :drool: :drool:

M-Taliesin
01-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Howdy Amigos!
I dunno, I have some shows that I love.
Mantracker
Meteorite Men
and just a whole bunch of stuff on History Channel.

But all too frequently, I find myself saying to my wife;
Great! 300 channels of nothing to watch!

What really bugs me are all the homoerotic ads for Mixed Martial Arts and Wrestling!
Please, when I want to watch a bunch of sweaty guys running around all muscled up,
I'll go to the gym! By the way, I don't never go to the gym!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Carver
01-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Yup,,we canned Dish in early 2010,,,,I watched about 4 channels,,,my wife about 3. Kind of a no brainer :ticked: :ticked: :ticked: :ticked:

coinnut
01-05-2011, 04:31 PM
That's why I like the computer hook up. You can get the best channels there. I believe the History Channel is there, but I have not watched too much TV on the computer either lately. lol But it's free (since I'm already paying for my internet connection) and with a flat screen, it's better than TV was before. :yes: I'm with you Dimeman, watching metal detecting stuff is much better than prime time TV anyday. I guess it's cheap to make reality TV and brings in lots of sponsor $$$. It's never about what we want, unless we happen to want what makes them the most cash lol Dump TV - Detect More rofl

russellt
01-05-2011, 10:31 PM
i dont watch much on tv except football . history channell, and of course sponge bob when im watching tv with my son

odave
01-05-2011, 10:45 PM
History Channel ,Science Channel,Meteorite Men ,Military Channel, Discovery Channel
those are about it ..I'll watch some sports now and then ..football in HD is awesome.

We have a television in every room too Greg except the Kitchen and Bathroom..I even have one
in My Garage...I guess we have to Many ... :confused: :confused: :-\

Dave :interesting:

Judy
01-06-2011, 11:07 AM
I watch all those mentioned above - minus the football :grin: (can't understand the run forward just run go back thing)

But since be4 Xmas it seems all these shows are constant reruns ugghh. So I've been hitting the books hard at nites reading like crazy.

giant056
01-06-2011, 01:43 PM
I have an antenna myself cause to me it just don't seem worth it to pay for it. Just recently there's a new channel on the air that's called Antenna TV (ATT) and I was really surprised to see all the old shows they have, they even got the three stooges. Last summer when my brother and I we're detecting over in Battle Creek on our way back he asked if I wanted a flatscreen TV for free and I stopped a picked it up, it's a 42 Panasonic 720P Plasma with the HDTV tuner built in, it ended up just having minor power supply problems and that was it. I told my brother he definitely made the eyeball find of the year.