PDA

View Full Version : Just bought an E-Trac..

bmattioli
11-27-2009, 09:40 AM
Well my search is over for a good deal on an E-Trac.. Catskillcomics (Scott) was kind enough to let me in on a lead on a barely used one from a nice gent.. We talked for awhile this morning and struck a deal. Can't wait to give it a spin.. Hopefully I'll be posting some deep Silver finds..

Bruce

Dave
11-27-2009, 09:45 AM
Congratulations on your new machine! Have fun and happy hunting with it.

angellionel
11-27-2009, 09:48 AM
Congrats Bruce! You will love the machine, even if at first it seems to be speaking like R2-D2. lol Learn the language, and you will do very well with the machine. thumbsup01

Lowjiber
11-27-2009, 10:14 AM
Congratulations Bruce!!! I have a friend with one and have used it a few times. They're very nice.

Enjoy!!!!

MNDigger
11-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Glad to see you finally pulled the trigger on the Etrac Bruce! I think once you get to learn its language you are going to love it! You will definately notice an improvement in depth over the DFX. thumbsup01

OkieDigger
11-27-2009, 11:23 AM
Most excellent! You're going to be in silver heaven now!

coinnut
11-27-2009, 03:04 PM
Don't listen to them, That machine is no good!! lol lol Ok maybe it's cause you live too close to me and I don't need the competition :rolleyes: We'll have to get together and hit a park. We could ask Angel to come too, but he has to promise only to dig the Wheats ;)

del
11-27-2009, 07:26 PM
et to Bruce another one falls for the minelab :huh:

congrats on your defection purchase Bruce , seriously though i hope you pick it up real quick and get some soon rewards , buddy.

Epi-hunter
11-28-2009, 07:44 PM
That is great Bruce, I think you will really like it! Do you have it yet? (Did you find those five mercs with it today??)

TimC
11-29-2009, 08:16 AM
Hey Bruce, the Etac is a fantastic detector and one that you will never outgrow, it just grows better the more you use it like a fine wine.

marchas45
11-30-2009, 05:01 PM
You finally did it Bruce, congrats you'll love it when you get used to it. thumbsup01

[size=1:crazy:t]The E-trac Is Awesome when you finally get used to it. Trust Me!!!

bmattioli
11-30-2009, 06:46 PM
That is great Bruce, I think you will really like it! Do you have it yet? (Did you find those five mercs with it today??)

No Angie they were found with my DFX. The E-Trac will be here by mid week. Should be decent but cold this weekend and I'll be out there..

bmattioli
12-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Well, it's here all set up and ready to go. Can't wait for the weekend. Many spots to revisit and look for the deep Silver. Cindy might never see me again..

OkieDigger
12-03-2009, 10:54 PM
GL!

coinnut
12-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Well, it's here all set up and ready to go. Can't wait for the weekend. Many spots to revisit and look for the deep Silver. Cindy might never see me again..

Good luck. Just remember to go slower that usual. I call it hovering. Don't be afraid to use auto +3 for sensitivity when you first start out. Believe it or not, it goes pretty deep and keeps falsing to a minimum. And with the E Trac, discrimination doesn't kill you on depth like some other brands do. God, I feel like an overprotective mother watching her kid learn to drive lol lol :confused: Come on Angel, some tips for the man ;)

Epi-hunter
12-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Good luck Bruce... looking forward to hearing the report after you use the E-trac :) Have you done any testing with it yet?

marchas45
12-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Good Luck Bruce. Slow and Easy thumbsup01

bmattioli
12-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Good luck Bruce... looking forward to hearing the report after you use the E-trac :) Have you done any testing with it yet?

Weathers been very nice but as usual I had to work. Did checkout the new tones I'll be hearing and read the manual, well somewhat.. I'm a hands on learner and need to spend time with it in the parks. First impression is this machine is quite different than a Whites. I can not wait to see how it does tomorrow if the weather holds out.

Thanks for the tips George.... any tips or help for an E-Trac newbie is welcomed..

OkieDigger
12-04-2009, 06:15 PM
Read the E-Trac threads! ;)

Epi-hunter
12-04-2009, 06:33 PM
What settings/program are you using?

coinnut
12-04-2009, 07:26 PM
First impression is this machine is quite different than a Whites. Thanks for the tips George.... any tips or help for an E-Trac newbie is welcomed..

Hey Bruce, It is completely different from a White's. Every trick I learned on my DFX does not apply lol It will grow on you. Together with the DFX, it's an unstoppable combination. First the DFX for speed and easy target IDing. Then the E Trac for the iron contaminated targets. It loves silver, so I would think you should pull some dimes from those parks you have been hitting. Good luck.

bmattioli
12-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Read the E-Trac threads! ;)

I read every thread I can find on-line with the preformance of this one. Very interesting the amount of Silver finds for folks using it. For what I've seen I think I'll do OK for my soil conditions which is wet alot of times. I realize there will be a huge learning curve but I'm ready for a new challenge.. I'm going to start off with all factory settings in coin mode.. No tinkering for awhile. Just wish it wasn't so late in the season, I think I have a new best friend..

coinnut
12-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Hey, just so you know, the factory coin mode was not calibrated for US large silver....in other words silver dollars and sometimes half dollars are discriminated out :rolleyes: During the winter months, me, you, Angel and anyone else that is close to us, that has an E Trac, should get together over coffee or ummm beers and work on our settings. Probably should stick to coffee lol What do you think??

bmattioli
12-04-2009, 09:15 PM
Hey, just so you know, the factory coin mode was not calibrated for US large silver....in other words silver dollars and sometimes half dollars are discriminated out :rolleyes: During the winter months, me, you, Angel and anyone else that is close to us, that has an E Trac, should get together over coffee or ummm beers and work on our settings. Probably should stick to coffee lol What do you think??

Thanks man.. I think that's a great idea, we are all so close to meet up sometime. Might be something to do on a frozen day, I'll be there.. I love Beer! :smitten:

MNDigger
12-05-2009, 08:18 AM
Bruce congrats on getting the Etrac! I think you will be pleasantly suprised that the learning curve is really not all that bad. Once you learn the tones and what you are listening for you will pick it up in no time! The one thing I wish someone would have told me before taking the Etrac out was about getting iron hits that sound good in some directions while swinging and having them pinpoint off to the side. I think it was discussed in good detail in one of the threads on the forum. I hope you are getting out this weekend and look forward to seeing how you do. thumbsup01

grinsebring
12-06-2009, 07:17 AM
Congratulations on the E trac. Been a good week Bruce. landing an etrac and scutaro. ;).....Gil

catskillcomics
12-06-2009, 07:43 AM
During the winter months, me, you, Angel and anyone else that is close to us, that has an E Trac, should get together over coffee or ummm beers and work on our settings. Probably should stick to coffee lol What do you think??

Beer all the way, some of the programs you come up with could be interesting lol

SpringTxDigger
12-20-2009, 11:00 PM
Good luck with the E-trac. Looking forward to hearing what you think of it.