PDA

View Full Version : My Best of 2010! The Parting Glass!

M-Taliesin
01-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Howdy Folks!
Here is my very first video offering for the new year. It shows off some of the gold and silver (by no means all) that I was blessed to find in 2010! In addition, you'll see a whole flock of old coins I got along the way.

This video covers the period from mid-August 2010 to December 31st. What I believe makes this video unique is that I was gimped up with a bad knee during that time. Still, I managed a pretty nice showing for myself.

The music you'll hear on this video is particularly poignant considering recent events that have affected so many of us. It reminds us that when one door closes, another will open. That what we may lose, we gain more in recompense. At this time, we think of the friends we've known, the ones we've lost, and the path that brought us all on that remarkable journey that continues to unfold. The final scene of this video shows a rider under the setting sun, reminding us that one day must end so another may begin. We have only now, this very moment that we share. And there are fewer moments with each passing hour. Let us cherish each moment that we have. Those who search for silver and gold come to know and understand, the greater treasure is sharing the journey with a friend. My life is richer because of you, each and every one.

So fill to me the parting glass, goodnight and joy be with you all.

Best of 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bP-g4Nojnc#)

Brightest of Blessings to you all,
M-Taliesin

Ill Digger
01-05-2011, 05:46 PM
WOW !
You had a great year !!
Lotsa gold !!
Gotta love it !!
Congrats !! :grin:
Good luck in 2011 !!

Napa Steve
01-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Another fine video Mel, did you find the silver in the lots?

giant056
01-05-2011, 06:16 PM
Great video and finds Mel thumbsup01

coinnut
01-05-2011, 06:21 PM
It must be awful to be burdened with all that silver and gold lol Great video and super 6 months of detecting :shocked04: I'd say your machines are paid for many times over by now lol Great stuff!!

BHNugget
01-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Great finds Mel! Hope 2011 is good to your knee. thumbsup01

odave
01-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Excellent Video Mel :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Salty Dog
01-05-2011, 07:10 PM
Real Nice Video Mel, Mr.s Salty and myself really enjoyed the video,but then we watched you recover most of them as the season progressed :yes:,You my friend are blessed to live in an area that is not only beautiful,but the treasures are many,lets hope 2011 brings you good health and you can keep the coil to the soil/tot lot thumbsup01

M-Taliesin
01-05-2011, 11:13 PM
Howdy Folks!
I worked on getting the music right for most of the day and a large part of the night.
Finally, I believe I fixed the video and you'll hear the old Celtic traditional tune known as the Parting Glass.
I believe my YouTube had a flat.

I'll go to bed and try to recover from this particular YouTube interlude

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

psychposse
01-05-2011, 11:55 PM
Enjoyed the video Mel :clapping:

The first time I ever read a post from you I could tell immediately that you have a lot of energy and passion toward your hobby.

Your writing always has significant depth - even the way you clean and display your finds, tells a lot about you.

Again, the video consistently expresses your passion, and not just towards your hobby. thumbsup01

Jaybird
01-06-2011, 12:00 AM
Very Nice, Mel, Best of luck to you in 2011. :peace:

Dimeman
01-06-2011, 12:10 AM
Great video Mel.
You should post your gold testing vid. :)

M-Taliesin
01-06-2011, 12:19 PM
You should post your gold testing vid. :)

Howdy Robbie!
Perhaps one day I will. Right now I'm a bit gnarly around the edges.
I fussed over this video most of the day yesterday and all night because the music wasn't the right tune and kept reverting back to a stock piece of music. It was making me crazy. I didn't go to bed until 7am this morning. But when I did, it was finally fixed and ready to go.

The video was intended to say something much more than simply Here's the good stuff I found.
The music was crucial in making a statement that I felt strongly needed to be voiced.
Hopefully you heard the music with the video and understood my meaning.
It is right on the target, and I believe pinpointed the whole point I was trying to make.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin
01-07-2011, 12:08 AM
WOW !
You had a great year !!
Lotsa gold !!
Gotta love it !!
Congrats !! :grin:
Good luck in 2011 !!

Howdy Digger!
Yeah, it was a pretty good year despite being lame for 6 months of it. But I still managed to get out some.
Hopefully this next year will be better yet. Give me two good legs and I'll cover some mileage and make a few finds here and there. Maybe even some gold!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Dimeman
01-07-2011, 01:04 AM
Howdy Robbie!
Perhaps one day I will. Right now I'm a bit gnarly around the edges.
I fussed over this video most of the day yesterday and all night because the music wasn't the right tune and kept reverting back to a stock piece of music. It was making me crazy. I didn't go to bed until 7am this morning. But when I did, it was finally fixed and ready to go.

The video was intended to say something much more than simply Here's the good stuff I found.
The music was crucial in making a statement that I felt strongly needed to be voiced.
Hopefully you heard the music with the video and understood my meaning.
It is right on the target, and I believe pinpointed the whole point I was trying to make.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

The music made it a awesome presentation !!!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

CyberSage
01-08-2011, 12:39 AM
Nicely done Mel! You had a great 6 months there.

M-Taliesin
01-08-2011, 03:05 AM
Nicely done Mel! You had a great 6 months there.

Howdy Jack!
Thank you kindly friend. I worked pretty hard on that video.
The video itself was a fairly quick process. It was the audio I had trouble with.
That audioswap thing at YouTube ain't so handy as they'd like you to believe!

Hope to get with you soon for a visit. I'd like to have you check out my V3i.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

RounderRick
01-08-2011, 12:58 PM
I see your secret now Mel what kind of detector is that you're holding. lol

Naw just kidding man you're doing great I enjoyed watching.

M-Taliesin
01-08-2011, 01:01 PM
I see your secret now Mel what kind of detector is that you're holding. lol

Howdy Rounder!
That particular machine is the V3i from White's Electronics.
Don't use it much any more. Never worked any better than the MXT Pro or MXT 300,
and cost twice as much!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Snickerdoodle
01-16-2011, 11:07 AM
G-R-E-A-T finds MT and really enjoyed the video!!! Snicks :cheering:

DustyRoundup
01-16-2011, 11:57 AM
Excellent Video !

Awesome finds .
and the Music , makes it!

I am 50% Irish, and for some reason , Celtic and Traditional Irish Music hits home with me.
Throw in some bagpipes, and or flutes, and I'm paying attention.

Very Nice, Mel ! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I knew you were a Good Man !

Dusty

Nitro 54
01-17-2011, 11:48 AM
Great finds M-T for a GIMP :grin: :grin: :grin: thumbsup01