PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota

psychposse
01-05-2011, 10:41 PM
Grand Rapids, Minnesota :frozen:

I am not new to detecting, but I am fairly new to a much higher caliber machine. Invested in the DFX 300 last fall and certainly enjoy what detecting I could get in before the snow covered everything. My first detector I picked up many years back, just a cheapy from Radio Shack but it has found things.

Be nice to find some locals to do some detecting with this coming thaw. Who knows, find enough people and maybe we can get a little club put together. :beerbuddy:

Salty Dog
01-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Nice having you here Randy,there is a few clubs here in Ohio,so far i have not joined any of them,hard to find time just to tect lately >:\,hope you get lots of tecting buddies,until then just hang out with us :beerbuddy:,best of luck,Dave

wolfpaw518
06-05-2011, 04:22 AM
Hi! A newbie here...I'm from Minnesota, but I'm down here in Faribault, so it might as well be Ohio :->

neil

psychposse
06-05-2011, 05:40 PM
I used to live in Rochester - I have no intention of going back there. I know there are metal detectorists up my way, but I never see them out and about.

wolfpaw518
06-07-2011, 12:45 AM
I'd say in the last few years or so here in Faribault, I've seen one person detecting a school yard. I've seen plugs around the beach every year but that's it. I still kick my self for not meeting him. Like with you, ya know there around...somewhere.

neil

MartinL
06-07-2011, 10:31 AM
I hear that the mosquitoes up there can carry off a detector ;-) martin

psychposse
06-07-2011, 09:09 PM
I hear that the mosquitoes up there can carry off a detector ;-) martin

The ones around the fish cleaning houses at resorts can, the rest are only capable of tapping and draining your blood supply in a few seconds.

wolfpaw518
06-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Minnesota, the only place where the mosquitoes fly in formation!

Viking
06-08-2011, 09:15 AM
Having grown up in Minnesota (lived there for 22 years), you hardly even notice bugs in other states. I guess you get a tolerance for them. My wife is from Texas, and one gnat can have her swinging her arms around like she's on fire, whereas it takes a bug bite for me to notice it. :poke:

I once cleaned a fish at a resort while covered in mosquitoes. I'm lucky to have all of my fingers left. I wouldn't wish that on anyone! >8)