PDA

View Full Version : Detector Pro Pistol Probe test

Dimeman
01-07-2011, 01:01 AM
I borrowed a friends Pistol Probe so I could make another test video.
This one had a small connection problem due to a broken battery door. I had to keep pushing on the door to keep a good contact as it would quit.
I used 2 new Duracells and adjusted the unit as per the instructions.

Yours possibly could get slighty more depth on a good battery connection.

Pistol Probe Pinpointer Test (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVtZlLDNT10#)

giant056
01-07-2011, 07:05 AM
Great test of the pistol probe Robbie thumbsup01 if I was ever going to buy a pinpointer it would definitely be a pulse, I've been trying for quite a while to find schematics and a parts list or plans for building a good pulse pinpointer but I haven't found one yet, if anyone knows of one please pm me.

Judy
01-07-2011, 10:18 AM
Good video Robbie - thanks! Picture's worth more than words in this type of situation!

Dimeman
01-07-2011, 10:19 AM
*** Some afterthoughts on the Pistol Probe---------

The unit doesn't seem as sturdy as the Garrett or Vibra Probe. It does fit nicely in your hand though.

The volume level could be a bit louder. In a noisy area ( wind, traffic, and other natural noises) you have to listen for the target, since it doesn't vibrate like some of the other units.

The shape should be different--it could be mistaken as some type of weapon.

Though it does have a little better depth than the other handhelds I have tested, the above mentioned items should be taken into condsideration.

coinnut
01-07-2011, 01:44 PM
By far the best depth of any of the units tested. Was wondering if you ever tried them from the side of the unit. Just curious if the units detect directionally or all around them? It would be nice if they just detected from the front. It would make it better when trying to find a target that is mixed with other targets. But I have a feeling it detects multidirectionally :confused: Great video. Thanks for all the vid's on them :clapping:

Dimeman
01-07-2011, 03:27 PM
By far the best depth of any of the units tested. Was wondering if you ever tried them from the side of the unit. Just curious if the units detect directionally or all around them? It would be nice if they just detected from the front. It would make it better when trying to find a target that is mixed with other targets. But I have a feeling it detects multidirectionally :confused: Great video. Thanks for all the vid's on them :clapping:

The Whites, The Cen-Tech and the Vibra Probe detect somewhat on the probe a few inches.
The Garrett almost all along the probes edge. The Pistol Probe, just the tip.
In my personal opinion having used all the above pinpointers, even though the Pistol Probe does have a little better depth, the Garrett is a better quality unit in the performance and manufacturing.

CyberSage
01-08-2011, 12:21 AM
Thanks again for the testing and effort. This is going to help a lot of folks.