PDA

View Full Version : I hope I haven't offended anyone

Napa Steve
01-07-2011, 03:26 PM
I have been reading some of the posts here about the strong discontent of the Whites forum, first and foremost (I do respect your strong convictions) While it is true that I am also upset about the removal of the Misc. section, I still spend some time over there with the remaining folks that I enjoy keeping in contact with, I really do like my Whites machine's as the quality of it has not changed overnight, just some portions of its forum, what I'm trying to say is I don't want to sound two faced but I really do enjoy both forums, I am partial to American Detectorist because of the freedom we have over here, the down to earth moderators and administration and of course all my old chums IE. O-Dave, J nut, Carver, Pulltab Steve, Goat Rancher, snickerdoodle, Cnr_dogs, Evan, Dimeman, Big E, Bowser, Judy, Jeff, Salty dog, Giant, Mel, Dixie Rebel, Toadman, Cliffy, Sandlals, top-pop-top, Nitro, Texasboy, Carl, Woody, DaleGM, IDX, Wingmaster, Exsquid, Pside, traveler, Lil Digger, R Sarge, littleman, Dirtfisher, fastfwd, ec121, and all my new friends and moderators, as for the Whites forum maybe I'm missing something or have my eyes closed, but I don't think the moderators at the other forum are the source of the turmoil they seem to be going off the new guidelines that were set in place by Whites administration, once again I'm sorry if I offended anyone here for posting in both sites, If I ever had to chose between one or the other forum, It would be American Detectorist because of the freedom we have here and all the GREAT friends I have made over the years at the other site.

Steve

angellionel
01-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Hi Steve, thank you for your expressed sentiment. I believe I can speak for the American Detectorist team that not one of us would take offense at anyone here being active at other forums and enjoying the camaraderie they may offer. We all are or have been at one time or another members of other forums , and some of us do still participate in them as well. We are glad to have others join us, sharing their finds, expertise and experience, but we also realize that this is not the only place where posts would be made. Just enjoy the friendship being built, whether here or at other forums, and have fun with the hobby we all love. thumbsup01

del
01-07-2011, 03:54 PM
well Steve ,
the Boss has spoken first and pretty much summed it up but
i for one am not offended at all you are free to partake on any forum you want .it is indeed a free country and there is nothing wrong with your feelings of still wanting to communicate with friends on other boards in fact i commend you wanting to hold onto those friendships. i agree whites makes some great quality detectors and i'm a loyal user of their machines , i hope your never forced to choose between the things you like Steve .

Dan

Dimeman
01-07-2011, 03:56 PM
No offense taken on my part.

But as for having some of my posts deleted and locked that were well within the new guidelines besides having the most popular section of that forum, deleted right out from us with no say so in the matter, in my opinion was not very nice to the members who made the forum. :(

Whites products have had a very good reputation as great quality and also great customer service. As a 20+ year user of strickly Whites metal detectors, I believe that the level of service and satisfaction from their customers should be continued on everything that Whites has their name on...and Whites really dropped the ball on that, on their forum.
If they didn't...why have scores of their forum members decided to all of a sudden, join this forum, some having their Whites forum accounts deleted.

Whites does know of the problem, and they haven't done anything to remedy it.

It took less than a few hours to mess it up....and so far, no apologies to the most of the members that left the forum.... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Epi-hunter
01-07-2011, 03:58 PM
I appreciate your concern Steve and that of the other new members here. But from the perspective of the staff I'll echo what the others have already said. We have absolutely no problem at all with anyone's participation on other forums. We are pretty easygoing around here, and we appreciate the time all the members spend here making this a fun and informative place to be :happydance01:

Carver
01-07-2011, 04:00 PM
No offense taken Steve,

I know the mods are doing their job over there,,,that's what they're supposed to do,,,I just did not like the way the Forum was heading,,,,it wasn't fun for me anymore.
We used to have such great comeraderie there,,,no more,,,,It IS here though,,,and here I will stay.
I don't blame you one bit for still posting there,,,,we are all friends AND we are supposed to be adults. :beerbuddy: :beerbuddy: :beerbuddy: :beerbuddy:

Judy
01-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Hey Steve - let me say that I personally would never hold anyone hostage, grudges, or care where one wishes to spend their extra time at thumbsup01

You go/post/browse where ever your little heart wants to ;) Quality time is limited, so by all means do what pleases you.

Just because some of us have did the heave ho doesn't mean we're all tied to the hip. Friends are friends regardless Steve & we hook up when we can :beerbuddy:

coinnut
01-07-2011, 04:12 PM
I visit other forums to get information, but rarely post. I find that it works better for me that way. There are no fights when I don't have to defend my posts. I don't post, so no one can start trouble lol But everyone is free to go where ever they want. The last 2 forums I have left, I have not been back since. I miss some of the people, but if they want to endure a particular forum, that is their choice. Personally I like White's products, although I don't like the direction their machines are heading in. But that's just me. I DO NOT have any bad feelings for the White's staff however. Carl and others deserve some respect as individuals and for their enormous knowledge. They are, as I see it, caught between the owners of White's and the disgruntled customers. I would not want to be there lol So each of you, do as you please. I for one have made my home here and plan on sharing any knowledge and hunting adventures I have here. I wish White's the best on their manufacturing of machines and hope they are a bit more conscious of their forum's importance and their most important asset - their customer.

Goat Rancher
01-07-2011, 04:41 PM
No offense taken here Steve. It is a free country, for now anyway. I see some folks still hang over there and that's OK by me. I won't go back as I was soured by the way things were done; kind of behind your back and very unprofessional like. Enough of that :beatdeadhorse:

Look forward to hooking up with you when you are here. :beerbuddy:

Evan/tn
01-07-2011, 04:51 PM
I've been bouncing back and forth too :thinkingabout: but less and less
When i found the Whites forum it rekindled my desire to detect again after about a 5 year hiatus. Mostly because of all the wonderful people i met there. I'm so glad to have been able to make the move with everyone. A lot of us still have friends over there....I miss em :poke: crying01 and will stop in from time to time to see them,but HERE i make my stand :beerbuddy:

SeabeeRon
01-07-2011, 05:04 PM
Hi Steve, thank you for your expressed sentiment. I believe I can speak for the American Detectorist team that not one of us would take offense at anyone here being active at other forums and enjoying the camaraderie they may offer. We all are or have been at one time or another members of other forums , and some of us do still participate in them as well. We are glad to have others join us, sharing their finds, expertise and experience, but we also realize that this is not the only place where posts would be made. Just enjoy the friendship being built, whether here or at other forums, and have fun with the hobby we all love. thumbsup01

Very well put Angel, thank you!! :yes:

Carl in Louisiana
01-07-2011, 05:18 PM
No offense taken here. :beerbuddy: I still drop over that way because I still know folks there just don't post. I may not be posting much here either as I will be starting a course in math of which I hate with a passion and electronics. The time frame I will have will not leave much time for anything else. But you can bet that when I do have something to post about it will be here and that's just me....LOL. I highly respect you and your likes my friend. thumbsup01

Dixie Rebel
01-07-2011, 05:31 PM
No offense taken here either steve. I go back and forth also but I find myself here more so.I like it here better.

pulltabsteve
01-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Well Im offended!!!! :grin: Just kidding Steve. As my signature states, Its all about having fun. Most of us are on other forums also. Im on the FUN ones. When it stops being fun, its time to move on. I've made lots of great friends on the whites forum. Most of them are now here. Ive also made some NEW great friends on this forum. Sit back Steve, bounce back and forth between forums and just have fun!

Toadman
01-07-2011, 06:13 PM
My honest opinion is they drained the place of ANY fun to be had whatsoever.. To each his own on where a person decides to spend thier time dude. :popcorn:

greg
01-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Hey I got a life time ban from a ex mod. a couple years ago that has joined here. Won't name names. :boxing: :boxing: rofl, But I went to that site along with other sites just to read and see what peeps found. That site does s$#k now. I don't even go there any more. I think you must have joined after I got booted.

It's all good

Toast for everyone it's on me :cheering: :cheering: :peace:

Toadman
01-07-2011, 07:35 PM
I'll be banned from there soon ... They are just waiting for me to say anything.Think i'll make them wait a while... lol

wingmaster
01-07-2011, 07:36 PM
No problem here the only forum that offended me was another forum and I won't go back there anymore, I've been over to whites some. Will probably be off here and there while I try to get some stuff around the house done from the honey do list so when spring comes I can detect in peace. HH

M-Taliesin
01-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Howdy Pard!
While my name was conspicuously absent from those you mentioned, I did not find it offensive, but certainly quizzical. As I said someplace around here, I've been there myself today, mostly talking about deleting my account. It was decided that I would leave my account remain, but in dormancy because I ain't planning on going back.

What I find quizzical is not that any of us go to other sites. It is that particular site that has shown callous disregard of their members and insensitivity to their concerns. That's why folks bolted to come to the American Detectorists. What I am saying here is I don't understand why anybody would patronize a forum that made pretty clear that they don't care about their members. Here is what we're doing, and you'll like it! If you don't, well, there are other forums. That sort of edict does not demonostrate respect for customers, and that callous disregard is evident in light of recent events.

I don't want to belabor the point, because I've made my decision. Others have as well. I look at it in the same way I view a certain chicken franchise I used to frequent on an almost weekly basis. I got a snacker sandwich with a really good sized bone in it. Not a wee, tiny bone, but one of them throat clogging honkers that can kill you dead. My complaints fell on deaf ears, so I simply don't go there any more. Do they have a great product. Yep. Do I really like most of their products? Yeah, I do. Will I ever go back. Nope. Not because their product is lacking, but because they were contemptuous of their customer. Same deal over there.

What you do is your business. No doubt. I just don't understand why is all. Not when they've made perfectly clear that customers (forum members) are just cattle to be herded.

So far as I'm concerned, I'm done with them.
Don't cater to your customers, and they'll find somebody that will.
Simple as that.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

odave
01-07-2011, 09:01 PM
I'm have the same opinion Steve ..I still post over there and will continue to.
I have Friends There..

As a personal note If I treated My customers like what they did over there
where I work ..I'd be fired..and I don't treat loyal customers in that Way !

Just because Whites Forum and the folks there changed things
it doesn't change the Fact that we still have friends over there.

They have lost business because of there actions that is certin..If it will
show up on the bottom line who knows...

I think it's time to put all this behind Us and move on!

Anybody post on any Forum You want !! Be Free this is America !!!

Thanks to American Detectorist Forum You're all Fantastic giving us a friendly Place to Be.

Dave :interesting:

Napa Steve
01-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Thank you all, your awesome!!!!

CyberSage
01-07-2011, 11:57 PM
Thank you all, your awesome!!!!

No Steve, your awesome, and your honest. I respect that. Your a true American Detectorist in my book.

Nitro 54
01-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Well aid Steve :cheering: :cheering: It's beginning to look like maybe the man child administrator might have over stepped his authority this time.