PDA

View Full Version : Ken White, C.E.O, Speaks Up!

M-Taliesin
01-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Howdy Folks!
I just got word that Ken White, C.E.O. of White's Electronics has posted on the White's forum.
Evidently, they're going to put the Misc section back up!

Several of us (myself included) wrote directly to Mr. White to complain about changes to that forum.
Looks like it had an effect.

Which has nothing to do with the whole idea that I am now an American Detectorist, and proudly so.
I am totally happy right where I am!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Dimeman
01-07-2011, 09:00 PM
He SHOULD have posted ----------that he was sorry if any sudden changes in the forum caused forum members to be disatisfied with the changes, which caused them to leave the forum. And that they would try to do better in running the forum.

I don't see anything like that.There is No apology there, that I see.

I know I am welcome here at AD, as are all the others that left there in protest or disatisfaction. :)

IMHO---Bringing back the Misc section NOW, isn't going to bring back the family and friendly feeling of that forum. :(

greg
01-07-2011, 09:01 PM
[quote=M-Taliesin;36985]
Howdy Folks!
I just got word that Ken White, C.E.O. of White's Electronics has posted on the White's forum.
Evidently, they're going to put the Misc section back up!

Several of us (myself included) wrote directly to Mr. White to complain about changes to that forum.
Looks like it had an effect.

Which has nothing to do with the whole idea that I am now an American Detectorist, and proudly so.
I am totally happy right where I am!

So you are going back now right :kiss:

M-Taliesin
01-07-2011, 09:10 PM
So you are going back now right :kiss:

Howdy Greg!
Don't put money on that! You're already down a dollar for that last lottery ticket!
Betting on me going back right away would only cost you more! LOL!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

greg
01-07-2011, 09:19 PM
If you compose another letter to ask for a apology and tell him you are going to purchase a Mine lab. Mr. White may crumble and hey you could be the next mod. over there.

Dixie Rebel
01-07-2011, 09:23 PM
rofl

M-Taliesin
01-07-2011, 09:26 PM
If you compose another letter to ask for a apology and tell him you are going to purchase a Mine lab. Mr. White may crumble and hey you could be the next mod. over there.

Howdy Greg!
Make me a mod? On that forum? Are you crazy:huh:
I'd rather subject myself to a colonoscopy!

BTW, I am considering a Minelab eTrack as a possible future purchase! So there!
ROLF

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Dimeman
01-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Howdy Greg!
Make me a mod? On that forum? Are you crazy:huh:
I'd rather subject myself to a colonoscopy!

BTW, I am considering a Minelab eTrack as a possible future purchase! So there!
ROLF

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Mel don't you know that those colonoscopy Dr's are always behind in their work. >:) >:)

M-Taliesin
01-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Mel don't you know that those colonoscopy Dr's are always behind in their work. >:) >:)

Howdy Pard!
Yeah, and they boldly go where no man oughtta be going before.
This can get outta hand, so I'll change the subject before I get in trouble.

Ive checked out replies to the President and C.E.O. over there.
Seems like some folks are eager to drink the Kool Aid!
Guess I musta been a downer for them!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Carl in Louisiana
01-07-2011, 09:41 PM

Oh that has an awful smell about it rofl rofl rofl

Toadman
01-07-2011, 09:59 PM
I posted on it.. If the WHOLE thing was restored, peeps may visit it... :poke: :behave: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse:

coinnut
01-07-2011, 10:10 PM
I posted on it.. If the WHOLE thing was restored, peeps may visit it... :poke: :behave: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse:

Would be interesting to see if there were any deleted posts? That would speak volumes. :interesting:

Judy
01-07-2011, 10:14 PM
I had to think/walk away from the computer after reading this post. I have to make sure my words come out correctly - those of u who know me will understand, but I don't want any misconceptions for those who have been here longgg before any of us.

I have to commend those of you that I know tried hard, real hard, long be4 coming here thumbsup01 (there is no bow emoticon so that one has to suffice)

But...when myself and others who tried countlessly, without insults, tried in vain to reason the whys vs consequences for all... I and others were boldly belittled, told to stand down and eventually go to tnet and worse of all called Nazis!

Without getting into any bla bla bla, u folks know I co-owned a very large md forum. Your admins, staff, moderators are a DIRECT reflection of the owners of that forum. They are told from their Admin(s) or the owner what's expected from themselves, their mods, their members. The rules apply to everyone, no one better, no one lower!

Everything done since the takeover has been all backdoor dealing, my way/highway, without prior thought or considerations...ex. telling members regarding the takeover, changes coming, being offline for a time, etc.

I will not air anymore dirty laundry about this situation anymore...

I kindly thank the owner(s), Admins & the moderators for putting up with us all in the mass exodus, and allowing us folk a little venting....but I feel in my humble opinion, it is now posted and those who are truly interested have the option to do as they wish/read what they wish :yes:

There is truth in the old saying when one shows respect is when one's given respect

Carl in Louisiana
01-07-2011, 10:16 PM

You are probably right there Rick, but it is going to take a while for me to get over some of the things that happened there. If I treated folks in my tree business like that I would have been out of work real fast. You know that bad news travels real fast whereas good is very slow about getting around. Some folks and that includes me takes time to forget although I have forgiven.

Epi-hunter
01-07-2011, 10:24 PM
I kindly thank the owner(s), Admins & the moderators for putting up with us all in the mass exodus, and allowing us folk a little venting....but I feel in my humble opinion, it is now posted and those who are truly interested have the option to do as they wish/read what they wish :yes:

There is truth in the old saying when one shows respect is when one's given respect

Thank you Judy, for posting this. :)

Judy
01-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Thank you Judy, for posting this. :)

Hey no problem Epi - I've been on both side of that saddle ;)

Toadman
01-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Coinnut.. I lost over 6000 posts, Not that post count matters, But we kept things going, Especially during them boring winter months.. :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

psychposse
01-07-2011, 10:44 PM
I just went over there and read his post.

I respect him, I love my Whites detector, and I have no personal issue with Whites - I will likely be buying more Whites products.

Restoring that section is the right thing to do, but the authoritarian style moderating needs to go.

It isn't fun when your own common sense and consideration of others is not enough to guide your postings - when you have to read the fine print in the rules and even then, you have to have a telepathic ability to determine if your post is going to be ok -

I think I will stick around here.

coinnut
01-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Coinnut.. I lost over 6000 posts, Not that post count matters, But we kept things going, Especially during them boring winter months.. :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Then members like you should be more appreciated. I was wondering if any of the day to day posts that were not, let's say flattering to White's, were kept? :thinkingabout: I'm always a skeptic when it comes to corporations doing what the people want to see done. And for the record, post counts do matter. It shows initiative, dedication to your forum, sharing of knowledge or just trying to keep the winter months bearable. Forums need to appreciate any member that has that many posts. It's understandable that everyone can't post all the time because of work, home duties, kids, or just the fact that some people are just people of few words. But some contribution is necessary if you want a forum that has bonding friendships. Any forum should appreciate that you, and others like you, are a important element in the their forum. After all, isn't appreciation all we are really looking for in life sometimes anyways?

Toadman
01-08-2011, 12:32 AM
Thank you sir, We did our best to keep people occupied during the slow months..Contests and such..

Goat Rancher
01-08-2011, 12:55 AM
Well, I went over and read what was said. Sounds like a little crawfishing to me, but it was handled improperly in the beginning and that still sticks in my crawl. They had some goal in mind to make it more business oriented it appears to me and obviously didn't care about what forum members thought. So now they do? :thinkingabout: :confused: I don't trust them and I don't believe it will go back to the way it once was. Even if they put it back exactly the way it was there is still more benefit to the American Detectorist Forum. You can talk about other detectors and products here without getting your knuckles cracked and you can sell items here. I am not kissing and making up. :mad: :beatdeadhorse: :interesting:

BOWSER
01-08-2011, 01:20 AM
lets let go of this subject here on this forum,these people should'nt have to hear about our particular problems. lets try to have fun here.I have a garretts detector too.

Goat Rancher
01-08-2011, 01:25 AM
lets let go of this subject here on this forum,these people should'nt have to hear about our particular problems. lets try to have fun here.I have a garretts detector too.

I am having fun. :poke: :beatdeadhorse: :clapping:

Toadman
01-08-2011, 01:28 AM
Anything that wasn't flattering was dumped.. Sorry, i was rushed, And had to come back and re-read..

M-Taliesin
01-08-2011, 02:43 AM
Howdy Folks!
Bowser is right about we maybe should let it go. We have a new forum with great folks running the show, and Bowser doesn't need to worry about his post being deleted or locked here, or maybe getting suspended because he mentioned Garretts!

The fact is, we all search for treasure, so it shouldn't be a huge surprise that we eventually got the shaft. On this forum, we get dignity and respect and the fellowship of all our friends from the old place. Since everybody that was there is now here (with more coming along with each passing day) we don't really need to revisit a place that had little regard for members.
When a company doesn't treat their customers right, their customers will find somebody who does.
I am a real believer in Karma. What goes around, comes around. Do unto others as you would have done unto you. However you phrase it, the meaning is the same. You reap what you sew. It's all on the wheel, and whatever goes out comes back again, in spades! They've created this situation, and the return on the karmic level will pan out. I just keep repeating to myself Those who cross me do not prosper! They've done what they have, and will ultimately pay a karmic price for what they did. They'll have to live with the consequences of their actions.

But we don't really need to drop down to that level ourselves. We have a bright new year to celebrate on a brand, spanking new (at least to most of us) forum that gives respect to each member and safeguards their dignity.

A forum, any forum, isn't about a bunch of electrons on a server somewhere. It is about the people who become part of that forum. The members are the heart and soul of a forum. Without members, who needs a forum? Since most of the active members are now here, our purpose is achieved. We are together just as we were before, only with people who honor us with kindness and understanding.

Sure, there are some real tender wounds that resulted from what happened. But they'll heal quicker if we don't pick at the scabs. We can look forward to seeing posts from all those great folks who came over here, along with those already here, and celebrate the fact that not only do we still have all our old friends, but a whole forum full of new friends that welcomed us with open arms. That's pretty terrific so far as I am concerned.

My last few days &quot:daydream:ver there were spent writing dozens of private messages and emails to folks I cared about on that forum to let them know where everybody went, and promoting the American Detectorist.
Some of the folks here now are here because I urged them to check it out. Snickerdoodle came after a phone conversation that lasted almost an hour. I think Evan came because I encouraged him to do so. Quite a few others came to see this forum after I wore out my keyboard contacting them. And each of them that came has expressed their joy and wonder at this great forum we now enjoy. More will be coming because I surely sent out a heap of emails, and some folks dont check every day, so it might take awhile. But I no longer feel any need to traipse back there, like a dog returns to his own vomit.
We don't need them as badly as they need us. And evidently, we are more valued here than we have been in a long time.

So let's do as Bowser suggests. Let's forget about them. They have no power here.
But we, as a group and as individuals have overwhelming power. We have the power to vote.
And we've already voted with our feet. We are here, and it is wonderful.
We wanted respect, and we got it with American Detectorist.
We wanted to be accorded dignity, and we got that too. American Detectorist.
We wanted the right to speak what we would, and we have that too. American Detectorist.
We wanted reasonable moderators, and we got that. American Detectorist.
We didn't like having posts locked or deleted capriciously, and it doesnt happen with American Detectorist.

Best of all, we have the whole gang right here, at American Detectorist.
And I'm mighty proud to be here, and thankful for the situation bringing us all together again!
Thankful too that these wonderful folks have done all in their power to make us at home and welcome.
They dont even seem to mind that we're strange, or say silly things sometimes.
So far as I'm concerned, I'll forget all about any other forum and bask in the warm hospitality that makes American Detectorist feel like home again.

And in all of that, I am content!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

giant056
01-08-2011, 03:31 AM
I posted 1 thread in the Whites forum this year but as of yet I doubt I'll be a regular there too soon. I might go to the chatroom this weekend, I haven't done that for a while but American Detectorists forum is still the cats meow of forums in my opinion. A few months ago I asked Robert if it was ok to post the story about blockers pond (posted in this forum now) and was unable to because Garrett is in the story and Al (the writer) had no evident intentions of promoting Garrett in his story. That was just one of many things that left a bad taste in my mouth about that forum.

Evan/tn
01-08-2011, 08:07 AM
From what i read in that post they are just going to reinstate the deleted post in the new meet and greet section, NOT bring the MISC. back
One thing i like about this forum is the ability to even mention another detector maker.

Carver
01-08-2011, 08:15 AM

AMEN to that Jim!!!
Like I said in an earlier post,,,Let's forget about that other place and let's have fun here <: <: <: <: <:

greg
01-08-2011, 08:56 AM
From what i read in that post they are just going to reinstate the deleted post in the new meet and greet section, NOT bring the MISC. back
One thing i like about this forum is the ability to even mention another detector maker.

You are correct sir. By talking about other brands other then Whites, that is how one truly learns more about this hobby of ours.

ec121connie
01-08-2011, 08:57 AM
Someone needs to apply a bit of adult supervision over there.

I read the CEO's post and it appears that the he hasn't figured out that the mass departure was caused in large part by a moderator that refused to follow the rules. Based on Mr. White's statement that person is a very capable volunteer moderator

Looks like no change to me.

greg
01-08-2011, 09:33 AM

Looks like you got deleted with everyone else how posted to his letter. It's now a closed thread rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Evan/tn
01-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Looks like you got deleted with everyone else how posted to his letter. It's now a closed thread rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Yep i just read it 30 min. ago. comments are deleted and topic locked.......sad

cnr_dogs
01-08-2011, 09:50 AM
I havent been back to the other forum since arriving here and dont plan to for a long time if ever. I wish the Whites forum nothing but the best and the Whites family continued success I am a user and will continue to be a user of their and others products and am HAPPY to be in a forum now where I can freely discuss my opinion experiences likes and dislikes of the producets I choose to buy and use. Thank You Whites forum for putting up with me while I was there and THANKYOU AD Forum for opening your doors to me so the landing was less abrupt. Good to be back in a group of fellow detectorists. Chris

psychposse
01-08-2011, 09:51 AM
I couldn't agree more that we need to just let it rest, but I understand the need to get the frustration out.

I had to go back to see if it was actually locked (that would be unbelievable)

It isn't locked now but umm.. someone named biffy fired off a straight to the core truthful post and it nearly made me spill my coffee!!! :clapping:

greg
01-08-2011, 09:54 AM
I couldn't agree more that we need to just let it rest, but I understand the need to get the frustration out.

I had to go back to see if it was actually locked (that would be unbelievable)

It isn't locked now but umm.. someone named biffy fired off a straight to the core truthful post and it nearly made me spill my coffee!!! :clapping:

That Biffy guy sounds like my kind of guy 8)

psychposse
01-08-2011, 09:56 AM
We'll, the thread is now locked and closed! LOL

Dirt Fisher
01-08-2011, 09:57 AM
Someone needs to apply a bit of adult supervision over there.

I read the CEO's post and it appears that the he hasn't figured out that the mass departure was caused in large part by a moderator that refused to follow the rules. Based on Mr. White's statement that person is a very capable volunteer moderator

Looks like no change to me.
I agree, it has no moderation worth revisiting. I will stay right here because I'm happy with the way these folks run things. I also have to respect them for letting us all come in and accepting us with open arms. Don't plan on going back to that hole where the Mods are gods and belittle the common folk such as myself. For a man to tell me that i know nothing about my machine and i'm finding old coins and relics versus his clad then I do feel a bit insulted.
Again I do thank you folks here for being one of us instead of above us and I will continue my post and activity right here. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Toadman
01-08-2011, 10:17 AM
It's a regime now.. You can voice your opinion, But it will be locked and deleted,,,,

odave
01-08-2011, 10:57 AM
We'll, the thread is now locked and closed! LOL

It's opened in Meet and Greet....for what ever it's worth...

pulltabsteve
01-08-2011, 11:00 AM
BIFFY RULES!!!!!! :peace: :happydance01: :happydance01:

Dirt Fisher
01-08-2011, 11:04 AM
BIFFY RULES!!!!!! :peace: :happydance01: :happydance01:
Biffys post got removed. :bop:

pulltabsteve
01-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Biffys post got removed. :bop:

So did all 3 of the accounts. Doesnt change the fact that BIFFY STILL RULES :happydance01:

Toadman
01-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Biffy for president !!!! :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:

greg
01-08-2011, 11:40 AM
So did all 3 of the accounts. Doesnt change the fact that BIFFY STILL RULES :happydance01:

Yep poor Biffy. That guy has been banned for life three times now. He must be a real trouble maker for sure. If he joins here, just pay no attention to this guy. rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

M-Taliesin
01-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Howdy Folks!
Did anybody get a copy of what Biffy said, for those of us that went to bed early?
I'd surely like to know what he put up over there.
You can send that to me directly by PM or my email.

Thanks in advance if anybody got that message saved.
Blessings,
M-Taliesin

greg
01-08-2011, 12:02 PM
Howdy Folks!
Did anybody get a copy of what Biffy said, for those of us that went to bed early?
I'd surely like to know what he put up over there.
You can send that to me directly by PM or my email.

Thanks in advance if anybody got that message saved.
Blessings,
M-Taliesin

He said In order to restore order to the forum new forum administrors and moderators are needed.

giant056
01-08-2011, 12:06 PM
that's what it said

Dirt Fisher
01-08-2011, 12:09 PM
SHHHH!!!! Lets remove Biffy before Ken sees this. :interesting: :beatdown::clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: Too funny. Ya gotta love this American Detectorists site. :happydance01:

M-Taliesin
01-08-2011, 12:30 PM
He said In order to restore order to the forum new forum administrors and moderators are needed.

Howdy Greg!
Thank you for that! Gee, I can't imagine why that would be deleted and the man's accounts shut down.
Could it have been because, oh, I'm just spitballing here; there are massive egos involved in the moderating team over there?

Thanks again Greg! Much obliged.
Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Dimeman
01-08-2011, 12:45 PM
I am not totally suprised by the CEO's statement, as it was just enough to acknowledge there is a problem with a small band aid of a solution. Things won't change much there, now.............. :rolleyes:

Time to move on, and enjoy our new home...since quite a lot of the new members have come here--- from there.
These people over here just might be getting tired of us talking about the old place, but have been so very nice enough to let us vent. And I for one thank them (again and again !! )for letting us talk about it and putting up with a mass of new forum members all at once.

That forums loss is AD's gain.

Robbie

Goat Rancher
01-08-2011, 01:20 PM

Sounds like my kind of guy. :peace:

coinnut
01-08-2011, 03:29 PM

That's what he said? lol We need a spitting coffee emoticon :yes: I like Biffy already. In reality,White's hands are tied. They can't have a fair and honest discussion forum, because someone is going to say something offensive about White's or their team. They can't let that post stay. It ruins the white picket fence look of the forum. Any manufacturer that has a forum, has one purpose only. A venue that has a large collection of metal detectorist that they can sell to. In other words, it's a commercial, an advertisement for their product. A hostage audience. Nothing will change, posts will get locked or removed and members warned / banned. There is no other way. Eventually everyone will see that and leave to find greener pastures. Metal detecting has changed in the last 15 years. People are smarter and demand more. No more following like sheep. We want to be heard and don't want generic messages given to us. No pep talks please :rolleyes: Hey, that's just how I read it lol

Goat Rancher
01-08-2011, 03:49 PM
That is a very perceptive analysis I would say. thumbsup01

greg
01-08-2011, 04:35 PM
That's what he said? lol We need a spitting coffee emoticon :yes: I like Biffy already. In reality,White's hands are tied. They can't have a fair and honest discussion forum, because someone is going to say something offensive about White's or their team. They can't let that post stay. It ruins the white picket fence look of the forum. Any manufacturer that has a forum, has one purpose only. A venue that has a large collection of metal detectorist that they can sell to. In other words, it's a commercial, an advertisement for their product. A hostage audience. Nothing will change, posts will get locked or removed and members warned / banned. There is no other way. Eventually everyone will see that and leave to find greener pastures. Metal detecting has changed in the last 15 years. People are smarter and demand more. No more following like sheep. We want to be heard and don't want generic messages given to us. No pep talks please :rolleyes: Hey, that's just how I read it lol

I still think that Biffy guy is trouble rofl rofl rofl rofl

psychposse
01-08-2011, 05:05 PM
I was so mad about how it got deleted and how a specific Mod (you all know who) deleted only specific posts..... that I fired a new thread at him saying how his authoritarian control was ridiculous and that he needed to step down.. Of course, my thread doesn't exist now.

Anyway, I just sent a request to the admin there, asking to have all of my account removed.

From now on, it's behind me. I am gonna try to focus on the enjoyment I get from this forum without looking back. <:

Truly can't wait until the thaw so I can get the coil on the ground.

coinnut
01-08-2011, 05:17 PM
I still think that Biffy guy is trouble rofl rofl rofl rofl

After further consideration, I believe you are correct :thinkingabout: rofl

I was so mad about how it got deleted and how a specific Mod (you all know who) deleted only specific posts..... that I fired a new thread at him saying how his authoritarian control was ridiculous and that he needed to step down.. Of course, my thread doesn't exist now.

Anyway, I just sent a request to the admin there, asking to have all of my account removed.

From now on, it's behind me. I am gonna try to focus on the enjoyment I get from this forum without looking back. <:

Truly can't wait until the thaw so I can get the coil on the ground.

I for one am cranky when I don't get to go detecting lol So It's best I do not join there. Actually :thinkingabout: I may have registered many moons ago :dontknow: Glad to have you here psychposse

RaZR
01-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Biffy is a coward!!! He probably believes that george Bush is still causing the price of gas to go up. :crazy:

greg
01-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Biffy is a coward!!! He probably believes that george Bush is still causing the price of gas to go up. :crazy:

Ya what a guy that biffy

Epi-hunter
01-08-2011, 07:47 PM
I for one am cranky when I don't get to go detecting lol

lol Yes, you are, George. Believe him lol rofl

He is the most easygoing guy in the world but you don't want to get on his bad side :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: ;) lol

Epi-hunter
01-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Glad we can be your new home. :)

We're friendly and more than a little bit crazy here too :happydance01:

Ill Digger
01-08-2011, 07:59 PM
lol... :peace:..... :crazy:..... lol

M-Taliesin
01-08-2011, 08:34 PM
Howdy Folks!
I'd like to suggest we all just simmer down and let go of a sinking ship.
Let them go their merry way, and let us do likewise.

We have a new home now, and it is a far better deal than before.
There's so much to talk about, why waste time and energy on something that has become loathesome?

I'm for moving on, enjoying the American Detectorist forum, and letting them sink slowly beneath the electrons!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Toadman
01-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Glad we can be your new home. :)

This is EXACTLY what i was waiting for !!!! I heart crazy !! :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01:

Anyone wants to simmer down, That's cool. Some still have steam to blow off.. :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse:

Dirt Fisher
01-08-2011, 08:58 PM
:beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: I love this smiley LOL :blackeye: rofl :hammer: :barf: Biffy for president.