PDA

View Full Version : My digger

greg
01-08-2011, 08:51 AM
Somewhere Milco showed a pic of how he broke his digger and I thought to myself how strange that was. I just thought I would show you how they can wear out. The one on the left is new never used and the one on the right is one season of digging.

angellionel
01-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Wow! The amazing thing too is that you tend not to notice until a comparison is made. lol Another member here posted a similar photo sometime ago. There is a lot of digging going on, that's for sure. :yes:

odave
01-08-2011, 10:55 PM
Cool Pic Greg !! Lots of digging Buddy :beerbuddy:

Nitro 54
01-09-2011, 12:00 AM
You sure are hard on your digger Greg :crazy: :crazy:

M-Taliesin
01-09-2011, 12:26 AM
Howdy Greg!
That doesn't happen if you dont pick your teeth with it! LOL!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

giant056
01-09-2011, 02:41 AM
Mine do the same thing greg, I left a lesche on the bumper of my brothers truck last spring and got a new one, I should be getting my backup lesche soon in the mail, I'll have to compare them and see what 1 year does.

Evan/tn
01-09-2011, 11:17 AM
Are you sharpening it a lot or is that just from digging :shocked04: :shocked04:

greg
01-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Are you sharpening it a lot or is that just from digging :shocked04: :shocked04:

That's just digging :yes:

IDXit
01-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Yep...that's a lot of treasure hunting.....and a heap of digging...that's for sure... thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01

Carver
01-09-2011, 04:49 PM
I'll have to compare mine with my backup,,,,I'm sure it's worn

russellt
01-09-2011, 07:02 PM
i have never been a letsche fan . i bought this mauler at the local army / navy store for 13 bucks. its a 13 inch long chinese treasure finder . merlene has been a fathfull gal for 2 years now. it also doubles as a homeland security item in times of strife :boxing:

cnr_dogs
01-09-2011, 07:05 PM
wow you have wore that digger I compared mine after 3 seasons and only minimal wear

wagon wheel
01-10-2011, 12:05 AM
Now that's a lot of heavy duty digging...in anyone's book! thumbsup01

w.w.

applevalleyjoe
01-11-2011, 07:09 PM
i have never been a letsche fan . i bought this mauler at the local army / navy store for 13 bucks. its a 13 inch long chinese treasure finder . merlene has been a fathfull gal for 2 years now. it also doubles as a homeland security item in times of strife :boxing:

Looks like my K-Bar from long ago. In recent years that has evolved into a digger/garden tool. Been resharpened many times...rocks and pebbles are hell on edges!

exsquid
01-12-2011, 11:52 AM

Hey Russell,

That is one sweet chunck of iron. Guess we now know why no one bothers you while out detectin'.
:shocked04:
lol

ronv3
01-12-2011, 10:42 PM
My Digger

coinnut
01-12-2011, 10:59 PM
That is one sweet digger. Did you make that or have it made for you??

ronv3
01-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Made it from my lesche, cut the red handle off, welded a 31 inch pipe, rewelded the handle I cut off after cutting off the red grip, went to walmart and added tennis raquette tape . Carry it on my belt.

zrickkid
01-13-2011, 12:06 AM
Ron thats one serious digger, hats off to you.

Evan/tn
01-13-2011, 12:48 AM
Made it from my lesche, cut the red handle off, welded a 31 inch pipe, rewelded the handle I cut off after cutting off the red grip, went to walmart and added tennis raquette tape . Carry it on my belt.
Don't stick yourself in the foot :grin:

leslie(nova scotia)
01-13-2011, 05:01 AM
From the land of the Bluenose...they do indeed wear out. Just think back to all the neat things you have dug with it youz!

giant056
01-13-2011, 06:32 AM
My last comparison was on my first two Lesche's and it was comparable and I only sharpened mine once.

Carver
01-13-2011, 07:58 AM
Mine isn't worn nearly as bad as yours Greg,,,,I do sharpen mine 2 or 3 times a year too,,,,We do have some sweet soil here in Iowa thumbsup01

bottleCap Mining Corp
01-15-2011, 01:33 PM
Somewhere Milco showed a pic of how he broke his digger and I thought to myself how strange that was. I just thought I would show you how they can wear out. The one on the left is new never used and the one on the right is one season of digging.

My god what kind of soil are you digging in. My old roommate is a landscaper I know he uses his shovel but ive never seen were like that.

milco
01-16-2011, 05:04 PM
Now that's a sign of a lot of digging! I like ronv3's digger, now that'll give you some leverage.

MrJeep
01-18-2011, 09:41 AM

Wow you must be digging in some hard ground, that baby is really worn! It's hard to believe that in one season it's that worn. :shocked04:

Bell-Two
01-18-2011, 11:16 AM
That is a dramatic amount of wear. The question I have is which Lesche do you have? There is one made by WW Manufacturing which is one side of the Lesche family and one made by Predator Tools which is the other side. The Predator ones are made with the original tooling. I have looked at both types and I feel the Predator ones are more substantial and seem (just my non mettalurgist) opinion to be harder metal. They are just a little more pricey about $5.00 more I think but I would not use any other one

MrJeep
01-18-2011, 05:59 PM
How can you tell the difference between the two? I have one that has the Lesche name stamped in an oval near the handle. Do they all have the Lesche name or do some have the Predator name? Could someone clarify this? It would be good for everyone to know the difference, including me. Thanks

Gene

greg
01-18-2011, 06:31 PM
Mine had the brand name on one one side and Whites on the other below the handle

coinnut
01-19-2011, 06:42 PM
How can you tell the difference between the two? I have one that has the Lesche name stamped in an oval near the handle. Do they all have the Lesche name or do some have the Predator name? Could someone clarify this? It would be good for everyone to know the difference, including me. Thanks

Gene

There were issues in the family lol and the Preditor name was born. In my opinion (and only a hunch) I feel that the unbelievable quality the original Lesche's had was an issue. Maybe that is being shown here with the new Lesches. I would only buy Preditor. My original Lesche has taken a beating and although it's worn, it has pried the biggest foundation rocks and been hammered to get it into frozen ground. I do not believe a new version of my shovel would have lasted through that. Only my guess though. Oh and my shovel is at least 10+ years old

coinnut
01-20-2011, 09:12 AM
OK, so now George and Pamela Lesche are now producing the higher quality Predator line only. With the famous Lesche style digger now being the Model 85 in the Predator line of tools. So any produced now with the Lesche name are a lessor quality, and are made by WW Manufacturing Inc.. Is this correct? Thanks

Gene

I don't know if it's correct but that is my guess only. :yes: I had an early Lesche and it is still working. I see some modern Lesche tools and they wear out quicker. It's just my opinion that I would buy the Preditor tool over a modern Lesche. I'll be getting a new digger this year and it will be a Preditor for sure. Anyone else have any wearing issues with their Lesche tools??

Salty Dog
02-01-2011, 04:13 PM
Yep! you put that one thru the mill,Greg,did you use it in the bottle dumps too :thinkingabout: nice you got a back up just waiting till you wear that one off to the handle :beerbuddy: