PDA

View Full Version : A hunt with my buds!!!

Napa Steve
01-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Well I finally hit my dream site this morning with three of my hunting buddies, this is the facility that the Oakland Raiders have their preseason practice during the summer months, a soccer league also plays there when the Raiders are gone, its a fenced area that is always locked so I figured it has potential of some nice gold finds, last week while walking my dogs near this site I met up with one of my old employees from 10 years ago, he now works for the facility he gave me permission to hunt the area, he unlocked the gate for us this morning and we were on our way with a tails a wagging, we hunted for two hours in 30 something degree weather, we had a bet with each other that the first person to find gold would get a footlong sub sandwich, well we are all going home hungry, there was no gold to be found, we each got a couple bucks in clad, the Kimster (Kim) picked up a few do dads, Top Pop Top (Dave) found some type of pendant that needs to be test for gold, DaleGM (Dale) found a Raiders metal cleat, and I found an Avon pendant. The quality finds weren't there today but the friendship made up for it. The highlight of the hunt was when Dale gave me his gold ring off his finger in which I buried it and Called the Kimster over to take a look at the 19 VDI that I was getting from my machine, I retrieved the ring from the plug and got a nice high five from Kim who was reallyexcited for me, he told me that's the kind of ring he would wear, Dale intervened and showed him the ring mark on his finger and said I would wear something like that also, I got punched on the shoulder and we all had a good laugh on that one. It was getting colder and colder through out the hunt so we called it a day after a couple hours. Dave invited me to hunt his secret dirt pile next Saturday so hopefully we will have some nice silver to post.

(1)The first picture from left to right show Kimster, Dale, myself and Dave.
(2) The second picture shows the Avon pendant
(3) The third picture shows the weapons of choice
(4) The last photo shows Dale with one last effort to find some silver or gold.

odave
01-08-2011, 07:01 PM
Way to go Guy's !! Thought You might have pulled a Superbowl ring from there lol lol

Great Pic's Steve !! Good to see :beerbuddy: :peace:

pulltabsteve
01-08-2011, 07:08 PM
Cant beat that! Good couple of hours spent with friends is worth more than anything you could find :clapping:

Nitro 54
01-08-2011, 07:16 PM
You guy's did good,, <: <: , BUT there is just 4 of you Steve and 5 detectors and who took the group picture :dontknow: :thinkingabout:

Judy
01-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Nice going regardless of the gold!! Sure is nice to see green grass somewhere :interesting:

Good to put faces to names too, so thanks for the group photo!!! Friends are the main thing thumbsup01

coinnut
01-08-2011, 09:20 PM
Great shot of the crew :clapping: No gold but a golden time thumbsup01 I've learned to never expect treasure, just take it when it comes. But that doesn't stop me from dreaming it rofl Nice grass.

Napa Steve
01-08-2011, 11:09 PM
You guy's did good,, <: <: , BUT there is just 4 of you Steve and 5 detectors and who took the group picture :dontknow: :thinkingabout:
I brought the Prizim 3 for Ed, hes the one who opened the gate and let us hunt the field.

Ill Digger
01-08-2011, 11:20 PM
Cant beat that! Good couple of hours spent with friends is worth more than anything you could find :clapping:

Can't agree more !!
But some gold would've been nice lol
Looks like a good time !!
Congrats :grin:

DaleGM
01-08-2011, 11:50 PM
Way to go Guy's !!LOL I drive buy that place on My way to work sometimes ...
Thought You might have pulled a Superbowl ring from there lol lol

Great Pic's Steve !! Good to see :beerbuddy: :peace:
no Super bowl rings here, its the Raiders practice field rofl
still had a golden day with the boys

as for the Raiders and a supper bowl ring............

M-Taliesin
01-09-2011, 12:31 AM
Howdy Pard!
Looks like a good location. Nice shot of the group too.
Way to go on a terrific time you guys had hunting together.
I enjoy meeting up with other folks to hunt. Bet you guys had a ball out there!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

giant056
01-09-2011, 02:27 AM
Great hunt and finds you guys thumbsup01

Jeff (or)
01-09-2011, 02:59 AM
Some great pics!!It's always fun when you have your huntin' buddies along. :beerbuddy: You'll get the gold the next time. BTW, do the Raiders cheerleaders practice there? :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

jkress
01-09-2011, 06:06 AM
Great pictures of the hunt Steve.

I was sure hoping you would pull some fat gold from that spot.... still might be some there.

Looks like you all had a great time and THAT'S what it is all about. :yes:

Good luck on the new dirt pile.

Salty Dog
01-09-2011, 07:07 AM
Glad to hear Steve that somebody is getting to tect <:,the temp here this morning 5degs. :ticked:,but i will be out later...No mention on the clad,did you get enough for even a happy meal :grin:,I have had a few places that just don't give up the goods like we think they should,that was the Bad,the good is you can write this spot off your want list :dontknow: ,just tecting with the gang is a good time in it's self....Best of luck on your next outing,Dave

Evan/tn
01-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Dang i was hoping you would find some kind of gold playoff ring from there Steve 8/
Looks like you guys are geared up for battle ....Here ring ring ring :beatdown: :beatdown: :beatdown:
Still a good hunt with good friends!

IDXit
01-09-2011, 02:22 PM
WTG Steve... <: Sounds like you all had a great time out swinging a coil..... thumbsup01 thumbsup01 ..And a great choice for a hunting location....Good pictures, thank for sharing and happy hunting out there.. thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01

top pop top
01-09-2011, 03:17 PM
45 miles = $ -10.00 gas
Hunting 2 1/2 hours =+$ 3.26 in clad
Laughing And hanging with the guys priceless :beerbuddy: :beerbuddy:

Carver
01-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Great pics Steve!!! Best of luck at that spot thumbsup01

wagon wheel
01-10-2011, 06:44 PM
Wow...now that's a Motley Crew for sure...Thanks for sharing and best of luck this New Year.

w.w.

Dixie Rebel
01-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Hope you guys have many great finds this year. Best of luck to you all.

russellt
01-11-2011, 01:27 PM
you guys look like a tough bunch of dudes strapped up and ready to battle can slaw. bottle tops, shallow clad and communist aggression. yikes :twirlingeyes:

SeabeeRon
01-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Great pictures, sure looks like ya all had fun! Come on over to the beach sometime guys! 8)

del
01-11-2011, 04:16 PM
45 miles = $ -10.00 gas

those are my thoughts exactly , spending time with friends and sharing in some laughs is what its all about . well finding something now and then is cool too. congrats gents :beerbuddy:

wheresthegoodstuff
01-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Always fun to hunt with buddies. Sometimes a little compition can push you to make some great finds too, really put you in that focused mode.

Napa Steve
01-11-2011, 06:51 PM
45 miles = $ -10.00 gas
Amen brother Dave, see ya next Sunday :beerbuddy: