PDA

View Full Version : Goldslinger Strikes Again!

M-Taliesin
01-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Howdy Folks!
I got out for about 4 hours today and got my first century hunt of the new year.
Along the way, I found 3 rings (one 10k gold!), 1 necklace that I believe to be silver,
110 coins and a variety of oddities.

After spending the morning on the forum, my wife and I went to Petco to do some shopping. Once that was out of the way, I got myself ready for the hunt and headed out. While the weather was warm and sunny when I left, it turned cloudly and windy before I finished my first location. I was thinking I wouldn't be out very long because the wind was straight out of the north and really sent that chill right through my body.

But when I got the 2nd location, the wind died and the sun would emerge a little here and there, so I kept going. At the 2nd location is where I found the necklace that i believe to be silver. The large silver looking beads don't react to a magnet. The links holding those beads together do, however. The necklace is heavy, showing 87.8 grams on my digiscale!

The 3rd location I hit was something wishful on my part. Last time I was there, just before New Years, I got a 10k gold ring, a 14k gold ring, and a silver bracelet. I hoped lightening would strike twice, but guess it was too soon to visit that location again. I got only a few coins.

The last spot I hit was one I hunted more than a year ago, but never went back because it wasn't particularly productive and it was a pea gravel lot. But I just happened to be driving by the place when I noticed they have new tot lot structures and landscaping. Upon closer inspection, I saw they also had now changed it over to wood chip. So, I decided to hunt the place.

I was astounded at how many quarter signals I was getting. Lots and lots of quarters, more nickels than I would expect, and plenty of dimes too! I hunted their lots real carefully, and about the time I was about done-in, with my knee giving me pain, I hit a signal that sounded like I should investigate. Lo and behold, up comes a 10k gold ring.

So, I got 2 gold rings on 2 consecutive hunts. My first 2 hunts of 2011 have both been rewarded with gold!

My Totals:
32 Quarters = $8.00
21 Nickels = $2.05
32 Dimes = $3.20
23 Pennies = $0.23
1 Sac Dollar = $1.00
1 Prez Dollar = $1.00
Total = $15.48
Coin Count = 110 coins!

Enjoy the photos,
thanks for looking,
Blessings to all,
M-Taliesin

Nitro 54
01-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Looks great M-T ,,,, thumbsup01 <: You do better being a cripple than most of do in a month :happydance01: Thats a neat necklace you found, does it come apart in any of them screw joints ??

M-Taliesin
01-08-2011, 09:01 PM
Looks great M-T ,,,, thumbsup01 <: You do better being a cripple than most of do in a month :happydance01: Thats a neat necklace you found, does it come apart in any of them screw joints ??

Howdy Pard!
Yes, there is a really small casp that you'd miss if you didn't look for it carefully.
What struck me as odd is that it wasn't open. It was a complete necklace without breakage or being unclasped.
Ergo, it just have come off right over the head of whoever lost it. It was an inch beneath wood chips.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

odave
01-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Congrats on the Gold Rings and necklace Mel thumbsup01 Good bunch of Clad and Jewlery items too !!
Must have felt good to get out there and Hunt !! :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01: :clapping: :clapping:

M-Taliesin
01-08-2011, 10:15 PM
Howdy Folks!
Pipster just got home and looked at that 10k gold ring I found today. Then he drifted down to his room to fetch his diamond detector. He used it on the stones in that ring. Guess what?

Them are diamonds! That little 10k gold ring has 4 diamonds in it!
How shpadoinkle is that:huh:

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

coinnut
01-08-2011, 11:11 PM
Them are diamonds! That little 10k gold ring has 4 diamonds in it!
Blessings,
M-Taliesin

:peace: Let's hope those are sapphires too. :shocked04: Great start to this year. Congrats on a super hunt.

BillZ
01-08-2011, 11:13 PM
Wow! That is an excellent day's hunt! thumbsup01
I need to hit the tot lots more often.

Ill Digger
01-08-2011, 11:16 PM
Wow !!
First two hunts of the new year and you already got two pieces of gold !! SWEET !! :clapping:
Good clad haul too !!
Congrats ! :grin:

Jeff (or)
01-09-2011, 03:08 AM
Nice hunt, congrats on the ring! :clapping:

jkress
01-09-2011, 05:58 AM
:clapping:

Very nice M-T.

Congrats on the 10k. thumbsup01

Salty Dog
01-09-2011, 07:19 AM
Nice recovery's Mel,with a bum knee no less :happydance01:

Evan/tn
01-09-2011, 09:33 AM
I see you haven't lost your touch even witha bad knee :clapping:
Way to go on the silver and gold..and sapphires and diamonds and coins and...... :clapping: :clapping:
Great hunt Mel!! <:

giant056
01-09-2011, 10:54 AM
Congrats on the gold ring Mel thumbsup01

angellionel
01-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Sweet finds, Mel! You are off to a very good start this year. 8)

M-Taliesin
01-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Sweet finds, Mel! You are off to a very good start this year. 8)

Howdy Amigo!
Thanks for the response, and yeah, I hope to tear things up this next year to compensate for being hobbled for 6 months of last year. I'll be in surgery on January 25th, and assuming all goes well, my bum knee will get repaired. Once that heals.... KATY BAR THE DOOR!!!!

I haven't had much hunting because of this knee, and my totals are way down for 2010 over previous years for gold and silver. I plan on returning to the field with a vengance this year and get back to them 10, 12, 14, 16 hour hunts again. The best I've done since my injury was one particular hunt that went only 6 hours.

Watch out, because I'm fixin' to have an incredible year ahead.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin