PDA

View Full Version : Let's Come Together! Your strangest find ever!

M-Taliesin
01-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Howdy Folks!
Let's all come together as One!
For those members of the American Detectorist forum who have been here before the deluge, and those of us recently arrived, I'd like to put up a few posts to bring everybody together so we are just one big happy family of AD'ers.

In that spirit, I'd like to open this thread to everybody! And it is a simple start.

For this particular thread, show us your very strangest find ever. I know that this is one of those questions folks ask us when we're out detecting, and we find tough to answer because we all have many finds that are odd, bizarre, or outlandish, so picking out just one ain't easy! But I'd like to ask that everybody post just one or two of their strangest items found. We all have one or two particularly unusual finds, those that stand out for their sheer oddity. That's what I'm looking for in this thead.

Whether you've been on this forum since Custer died, or newly arrived, strut your stuff and show it off.
Again, just show us one or two of your most peculiar finds ever.

I will post mine later, but wanted to get this thread up and going right away. Snowing here in Colorado, and I don't think I'll get out today so this might prove entertaining!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

russellt
01-09-2011, 07:12 PM
i find alot of strange stuff.. to pick just one would be descrimintory... i gots to tell ya mel,, i loves all my found chidrens.. all my found chidrens was once lost chidrens.. so iz a happy pop.......... but seriously.. nothing really stands out. i found a 1918 buick emblem in a cornfield that was strange. pics apon request

del
01-09-2011, 07:17 PM
well Mell that is a very hard question to answer as i have come across some strange things within the last decade or so of metal detecting. but if i was forced to choose i would have to say that this is the most wierdest . George (Coinnut) my current detecting partner has to be the most bazaaar. lol lol

Carl in Louisiana
01-09-2011, 07:33 PM
:shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04: rofl rofl rofl Sure scared the heck out of me when it first popped up on the screen LOL lol lol

dave in iowa
01-09-2011, 07:54 PM
I dont have a photo, but one afternoon i was out , yard i was in has black river sand soil , very soft and just had a good rain, i got a hit , dug about a 6 inch plug, lossened the side of the hole and reach in and scooped out a big handful of soil and there was a toad the size of my hand right there alive about 4 inches down id say,

coinnut
01-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Yep, I found one of those strangest finds myself. It's my hunting partner Del. Don't ask me why, but some how I trusted this guy in the woods with me alone :shocked04: rofl I'm not so sure after his latest pose though. One good picture deserves another aye friend? rofl

I'm surprised you didn't post the stooges on the pole Del??

todklo
01-10-2011, 05:40 PM
Went to the Fairgrounds one day last year to where all the Vendors were. I dug a lot of Dimes and Quarters but what was odd on my next dig.....I found a 1982 Penny from the Bahama's. How did that get to Indiana? That was my strangest find yet.

M-Taliesin
01-10-2011, 06:36 PM
Howdy Folks!
I wont show photos of these because they are tokens used at an Adult arcade.
I went down to Colorado Springs to join up with 2old for a hunt.
We were working on easements in an older part of the city when I got a strong
signal. I dug down and popped out one of those tokens. After showing 2old what I had,
I got a second one, and showed that to him also. Then my next hit was another of those
tokens. I asked him if he salted the ground just to get a rise out of me, but he said he
was innocent of any such nefarious shenanigans.

Since then I've found a couple or three more in parks and even elementary school tot lots.
How strange is that? They feature nudes in various acts of debauchery (trust me, I ain't
prudish and enjoy a bit of debaucher of my own) so I don't feel comfy about posting photos
here of those particular tokens.

But ya gotta admit, that's pretty strange to find 3 of them in a smallish chunk of ground.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Dimeman
01-11-2011, 12:26 AM
I was searching in a new area in some very thick woods in a park area and scanning next to a tree something made me look up at the tree and I saw this.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o135/Whitesman/031107machete.jpg

I decided I had enough for that day......... :shocked04:

M-Taliesin
01-11-2011, 01:32 AM
I was searching in a new area in some very thick woods in a park area and scanning next to a tree something made me look up at the tree and I saw this.

I decided I had enough for that day......... :shocked04:

Howdy Pard!
Maybe I'm as thick as them woods you were hunting, but I haven't a clue what that thing is!
Sure an odd thing to find in the woods though!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

CyberSage
01-11-2011, 08:41 AM
I found this with my MXT a couple of years ago. It was about 3 inches down in an old park. I have posted it before, but it is definitely my strangest find, and Silver!

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o187/CyberSageBH3300/SilverTooth.jpg

Jack

Dimeman
01-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Howdy Pard!
Maybe I'm as thick as them woods you were hunting, but I haven't a clue what that thing is!
Sure an odd thing to find in the woods though!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

It's a well worn machete with a repaired handle. And it was about neck cutting off height. :shocked04: :shocked04:. No signs of any homeless or other activity in the location-- And I didn't know if anyone was watching me and didn't want to be the next item to be chopped.. :thinkingabout:
I did return with another hunting buddy--and the machete was gone then.

IDXit
01-13-2011, 02:28 PM
This is one of my strangest finds this past season... I found it in a very large park area. It was about three inches deep. Is made of either brass or copper and the best guess was.... it's the knocker from a set of wind chimes.... Maybe...anyone's guess... thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01 I wish you well, stay warm and happy hunting out there.. :interesting: :interesting: :interesting:

del
01-15-2011, 12:26 AM
This is one of my strangest finds this past season... I found it in a very large park area. It was about three inches deep. Is made of either brass or copper and the best guess was.... it's the knocker from a set of wind chimes.... Maybe...anyone's guess... thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01 I wish you well, stay warm and happy hunting out there.. :interesting: :interesting: :interesting:

Hey Tana you can see the toad in that picture right , i'll give you a hint its right under the ruler in the middle . lol lol rofl :teasing: :poke:

Ill Digger
01-15-2011, 01:16 AM
Hey Tana you can see the toad in that picture right , i'll give you a hint its right under the ruler in the middle . lol lol rofl :teasing: :poke:
lol rofl lol rofl
There's no leaves to hide it this time !! rofl

giant056
01-15-2011, 02:24 AM
How does a pewter pollywog grab ya

Evan/tn
01-15-2011, 09:25 AM
I don't believe I've ever seen a pewter pollywog :shocked04:
Thanx Larry :grin: :popcorn:

Robbie
08-05-2014, 09:41 AM
I just found this old tread to see if there were any wind chimes. I guess I should have posted them here. I like the pollywog.

Moresound
08-06-2014, 07:08 AM
My weirdest find .....
I found Jimmy Hoffa!

two_bit_digger
09-15-2014, 06:57 PM
A small weighted die....to me it's more cool than strange, but it is still my strangest find.

...didn't find any cheater's bones nearby:beatdown:

Hook
09-15-2014, 11:05 PM
i wont post any piccs unless i'm forced lol. but in ohio a few years ago i was hunting a park with NWohio...a member of another forum i'm on, and i got a quarter signal close to the surface, and while pinpointing it , i had to kick a dried dog log out of the way. my signal disappeared. huh? i swung around with the machine and bingo there's the quarter signal again, and wait...there's the dry dog log again lol. yep, you guessed it. there inside the log were 3 quarters, and if i remember correctly. a dime? i had posted it on another forum at that time, and some members said it was sickening, disgusting, etc . but the money cleaned up well !! :lolsign:

Skamaniac
09-16-2014, 03:51 PM
i wont post any piccs unless i'm forced lol. but in ohio a few years ago i was hunting a park with NWohio...a member of another forum i'm on, and i got a quarter signal close to the surface, and while pinpointing it , i had to kick a dried dog log out of the way. my signal disappeared. huh? i swung around with the machine and bingo there's the quarter signal again, and wait...there's the dry dog log again lol. yep, you guessed it. there inside the log were 3 quarters, and if i remember correctly. a dime? i had posted it on another forum at that time, and some members said it was sickening, disgusting, etc . but the money cleaned up well !! :lolsign:

Well, I read that there was some change in the average dog's diet in the last ten years. I didn't know it was literal!

OxShoeDrew
09-16-2014, 04:59 PM
:rofl::lolsign: Dirty money :lol:

Beartoe
09-17-2014, 12:05 PM
Looks like we have brought back an old post. Well here is my weirdest.

Last spring in a park by the University I pulled up a plug and checked with my PP. Had to dig a little deeper. When I stuck my digger in the hole I punctured one of those personal cans of Pepper Spray. Being as I was down on my knees and right over the hole ...

Yeah! You guessed it. I got a face full. The can was still under pressure. At first I did not know what had just happened. I had never been attacked while digging holes before. So first reaction was to wipe the yellow stuff off my face. BIG mistake. :barf:

Good thing I carry water and sanitizing wipes in my pick-up.