PDA

View Full Version : Snow Day!

M-Taliesin
01-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Howdy Folks!
While I'm looking at the snow coming down outside my window, I got to wondering what I'll do with my day. Then I wondered what everybody else does when they can't get out to hunt. I'd go hunting regardless of snow, but can't afford to catch cold or anything before my surgical date rolls around. But I was curious what you do on those days when you just can't hunt.

Everybody likely has a plethora of other things, chores, research, books to read or other activities they can enjoy on snow days, and I'd like to know your favorite activity when it just ain't a good day to swing a coil. Share it with us (but keep it clean), and I'll be posting one of my favorite alternative activities a bit later on. I'd like to see what you enjoy before showing you my alternative. You know, show me yours and I'll show you mine! That sort of thing! LOL.

All seriousness aside, show us what you enjoy doing on snow days. Just one, maybe two is enough, as I'd like to hear from everybody on the forum on this one.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Evan/tn
01-09-2011, 11:30 AM
I've been playing Halo and Need for speed on the Xbox i got for Christmas :twirlingeyes:
I'ts just been a little colder than i want to hunt in :frozen:

Nitro 54
01-09-2011, 11:31 AM
This weekend M-T is just going to be spent in front of the computer.. I came down with a super bad cold and any moving around just causes a real bad hacking cough. Reading and some research

M-Taliesin
01-09-2011, 11:34 AM
This weekend M-T is just going to be spent in front of the computer.. I came down with a super bad cold and any moving around just causes a real bad hacking cough. Reading and some research

Howdy Nitro!
I surely am sorry to hear you're ailing! Get yourself well and use that research to bring in some great finds!
Take care of yourself amigo!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Evan/tn
01-09-2011, 11:41 AM
Get well soon Glen :sick: :stretcher: :stretcher:

IDXit
01-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Forum hopping, reading and research here.... It's a very good day to stay indoors and :interesting: :interesting: :interesting:

Bedrock
01-09-2011, 02:05 PM
Football, 3 games. Reading. Metal detecting forum. Keeping the fire going. Warm cup of coffee, with just a little aiming fluid added. And hoping for a thaw.

Carver
01-09-2011, 04:48 PM
I carve,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,get well Glen :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:

odave
01-09-2011, 06:08 PM
Football, 3 games. Reading. Metal detecting forum. Keeping the fire going. Warm cup of coffee, with just a little aiming fluid added. And hoping for a thaw.

I'd be doing that too Brother If I was back up there !! Nothing like it thumbsup01 thumbsup01

russellt
01-09-2011, 06:53 PM
i dont think i can post what i do when it snows .... clean up around the house mainly.....watch football when its on . i also have a fireworks stand thats not to busy so i sell tomahawk missles out of the basement on the weekends and late at night when it snows :beatdown:

cnr_dogs
01-09-2011, 07:08 PM
snowboarded yesterday church this morning chillin with the family this afternoon

M-Taliesin
01-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Howdy Folks!
I promised to provide my favorite alternative activity when not able to get out and hunt. One of my favorites is to get out to the shooting range with Pipster. Here is how we enjoy a snowy day, whenever he is off work, that is. And that ain't often these days!

This is a pretty old video, made before surgery got cancelled first time around due to a blood clot that developed in that leg. I finally got another date for surgery on December 31st, but they couldn't find a vein to start an I.V.! Now my next attempt is scheduled for January 25th. Hopefully everything will go right this time!

Shootout in Aurora.mp4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXNC0pEvtzM#)

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Nitro 54
01-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Good shooting M-T,,,,, thumbsup01 thumbsup01 I will need at least a mile head start lol lol lol

russellt
01-09-2011, 09:20 PM
aint nothing like sending lead downrange... i like to shoot too.. word is --the local squirell mullah has a might fine price on my head. seein as how i have delivered many of his boyz to the happy hunting grounds.. i hate squirells but my remington model 597 22 long rifle loves em.. with remington yellow jacket .22 high velocity hollow points ....... its a match made in heaven ... so my property is a no fly zone for squirells...... sorry i got carried away.. still there aint nothin like the smell of burnt squirel and gunpowder :yes:

coinnut
01-09-2011, 09:20 PM
When it snows?? Seems like I have to always work when it snows lol Never fails. But I do like to play the guitar (not too well lol) or clean up around my detecting area, I have set up.

Epi-hunter
01-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Snow here.

Did some Dance Dance Revolution (favorite way to exercise, and fun) and cleaned the house. Shoveled snow. Exciting. :rolleyes:

BHNugget
01-09-2011, 10:31 PM
Hibernate :grin:

traveler
01-10-2011, 12:28 AM
Snow Snow Snow. An unusual storm has drop 7 1\2 inches here in Little Rock, Arkansas. That is a big storm for this area. Guess I will stay in and enjoy it from the windows in the motorhome. Good hunting to those who can get out. Glenn :frozen: :frozen: :frozen:

exsquid
01-10-2011, 04:36 PM
In the winter time when I cannot detect I am usually found out in the wilds around where I live Coyote hunting. The rest of the wildlife need a break from these particular predators so we do our part to thin them down...
:bop:

todklo
01-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Bejeweled Blitz and Farmville on Facebook. Maybe if I get sucked into Farmville like Tron I will try out the MXT Pro. lol

coinnut
01-10-2011, 06:35 PM
In the winter time when I cannot detect I am usually found out in the wilds around where I live Coyote hunting. The rest of the wildlife need a break from these particular predators so we do our part to thin them down...
:bop:

We have coyotes pack together in a field behind our house, and we live in a residential neighborhood. They sure do sound spooky when they have a kill or are looking for each other. Kinda eerie laughter sounding. Can't they make noise any other time than 2:30 in the morning lol There are definitely too many of them.

Jaybird
01-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Okay, M-T Today, after shoveling snow, visiting Starbucks, reading a chapter of Andy Sabisch's Treasure Hunters Manual, and thanking my lucky stars that I am lucky to be able to enjoy retirement in relatively good health, I decided to try again to postphotos of the best day I've had THing in the past 30 years. I'm not too sure about how to coordinate everything to get the photos posted but I'll give it my best try. Maybe I'll get better with time-bear with me :dontknow:

coinnut
01-10-2011, 09:29 PM
That's a great day hunting. :shocked04: Look at all the silver and a couple of oldie ones too. Super day and the pictures are fine!!

M-Taliesin
01-10-2011, 09:46 PM
Howdy Pard!
That's a real nice looking clutch of coins you found. Was that over the course of a year, single month or on one particular hunt that you got most of that.

Sure is a nice haul amigo!
As to the Eureka meeting on Friday, looks like I'll be out of town. Pipster is fixing to go to Texas to visit kinfolk and I aim to tag along. I expect there are tons of great stuff I might find in Texas, and I hope to collect up my fair share.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

ronv3
01-10-2011, 09:46 PM
Watch Football, shovel snow, read the v3i manual, wax, and rewax detector, digging tools, wax pinpointer, made a digging tool...and read this forum for a wealth of info! Soon will be ordering veggie seeds and Think Spring!

Jaybird
01-11-2011, 12:39 AM
[quote=M-Taliesin;38635]
Howdy Pard!
That's a real nice looking clutch of coins you found. Was that over the course of a year, single month or on one particular hunt that you got most of that.

MT
It was actually 7 hours in two different days as the ColoKid and I were in Nebr. and didn't find the spot and get permission until late on the first day so only got a short time on the first day in and the next day we detected the old campsite/recreation site used since before WWII by everyone in that part of the state including the Boy Scouts. Can't wait until spring to go back. Have a great Texas trip. :grin:

Thanks for the good words, coinnut. thumbsup01

M-Taliesin
01-11-2011, 02:37 AM
MT
It was actually 7 hours in two different days as the ColoKid and I were in Nebr. and didn't find the spot and get permission until late on the first day so only got a short time on the first day in and the next day we detected the old campsite/recreation site used since before WWII by everyone in that part of the state including the Boy Scouts. Can't wait until spring to go back. Have a great Texas trip. :grin:

Howdy Amigo!
Well sir, whether I go to Texas remains to be seen. Yesterday my leg (the one needing fixed) blew up like crazy. It must be twice the size of the other one now. I'll be seeing the doc on Thursday afternoon, and get some idea what's up with that.

Meanwhile, whenever you do go back to that site in Nebraska, I'd surely love to tag along if you can accomodate another hunter with you. Sorry, don't mean to presume upon your good nature, but I love to travel and hunt different locations. Thought I might as well let you know I'd be interested and all.

Regardless, you had a pretty great hunt while you were there.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

exsquid
01-11-2011, 01:40 PM
We have coyotes pack together in a field behind our house, and we live in a residential neighborhood. They sure do sound spooky when they have a kill or are looking for each other. Kinda eerie laughter sounding. Can't they make noise any other time than 2:30 in the morning lol There are definitely too many of them.

Seems to be their time for a late night snack....or would that be an early breakfast... either way it can definately raise the hair up on the back of your neck when they are running game.... :shocked04: