PDA

View Full Version : Library Programs

My4Kiwis
01-10-2011, 04:42 AM
Maybe this is a basic question and since I can't just pick up my detector and play with it over here I have not been able to figure it out. Is it possible to take programs from the library and move them up to the program choices listed under the the 6 block menu? If so is there a limit to the number of programs I can available?

Cheers,
My4Kiwis

KYBuzzBox
01-10-2011, 09:41 AM
I don't know about your first question. I have never tried moving anything out of the library. I don't think it is possible.....you can reorder the library list but I don't think you can move programs to other menus.

As to how many programs you can save. I believe the number is 125 programs max on the V3i. We may need Carl from white's to answer that one.

HH...KYBuzzBox

CyberSage
01-10-2011, 07:00 PM
Yes, it is possible to take programs from the library and move them up to the program choices listed under the the 6 block menu.

1. From the Advanced menu choose...

Program - New / Copy

2. Select Library program

3. Choose desired Library program and give it a name.

The program will now appear in the program list, and be accessible from the Block Menu.

My4Kiwis
01-10-2011, 10:38 PM
Thanks! That is exactly what I was looking for.

Cheers,
JD

MartinL
01-14-2011, 09:28 PM
Yes, it is possible to possible to take programs from the library and move them up to the program choices listed under the the 6 block menu.

1. From the Advanced menu choose...

Program - New / Copy

2. Select Library program

3. Choose desired Library program and give it a name.

The program will now appear in the program list, and be accessible from the Block Menu.

So you are saying that you select factory C&J, then name it say C&J Martin and produce a template of the C&J to be tweaked and modified. I read this sometime ago but it flew in one ear and out the other. martin

My4Kiwis
01-14-2011, 11:25 PM
Hi Martin, Maybe this help clear things up...Hunt4Fun recently posted this on the forum that shall remain nameless Yeah I admit I'll lurk over there once in awhile but am still afraid to post anything lest I be admonished.

Cheers,
JD

&quot:daydream:n the V3i there are quite a few Factory Programs, including the Coin program, in the Library that do not appear on the Available list. To be able to load and use any program, it must appear on the Available list. To put a fresh copy of a Library program on the Available list, do the following.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Put A Library Program On The Available Program List

Factory programs always have a copy in the Library. And, you can store custom programs in the Library. A copy of ANY Library program can be put on the Available List by doing the following.

1. Press MENU/TAB twice.
2. Arrow down to Expert menu and press ENTER.
3. Arrow down to Program and press ENTER.
4. Arrow down to New/Copy and press ENTER.
5. Put a X in the box “Use Library Name”.
6. Click Arrow down once to the selection box.
7. Use left and right arrows to select the program you want added to the Available List.
8. Press TAB to highlight Create and press ENTER.
9. Pull Trigger multiple times to Search Screen.

You will see that the V3i is operating in the newly restored program. And, you will find the program is now in the Available Program List.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Factory programs cannot be erased from the Library so there is no possibility of losing a Factory program.
Custom programs can be stored in the Library for safekeeping.
Both Factory programs and Custom programs can be deleted from the Available list.
If a Custom program has not been stored in the Library and is deleted from the Available list, I believe it will be gone and is not retrievable.

Hunt4Fun
02-03-2011, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the billing credits My4Kisis but I think I stole pieces of this from various places ... mostly the manual. And, the last sentence is not necessarily right.

Easter Bunny corrected it with the following instructions.

Actually, follow instructions for program-new and select erased programs. As long as the storage space for a recently-erased program has not been reused, the program can be un-erased.

russellt
02-16-2011, 03:43 PM
thanks guys . i needed that .. good info .. a buddy of mine who shall remain anonymous( evan/tn).. :twirlingeyes:..swears by his mxt so i thought i would get the mxt program out of the library and give it a go ... now i can ....... awesome

Lowjiber
02-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Thanks Hunt4Fun...

That'll be in the next edition of The Book of Jack...March 1st.

(With your permission, of course.) :rolleyes: