PDA

View Full Version : windy cellar hunt with coinnut

del
11-28-2009, 05:48 PM
Coinnut and i hit a couple of sites today ( first site's picture was taken today the second i had on file from earlier this year,thats why you see leaves still on the trees), not only were we looking out for deer hunters but the wind was so strong you had to watchout for falling tree branches( and some were pretty big to :shocked04:).i had the lucky coil today and found a very nice complete colonial shoe buckle ( it still has its brass pin so the chape and tongue move freely :cheesysmile:) it gave off a great tone and was surprisingly shallow ( about 2 1/2 inches deep) i thought for sure it was going to be a beer can :rolleyes: a little later had another great tone at about 5 inches (love those solid 84 vdi's at that depth :smitten: and out popped up was the 1819 large cent copper ( looks like someone was carving on the back of this one :mad:) and a few buttons round out the day. :grin: :grin: hey thanks for looking and hurry up and get out there people. Dan

marchas45
11-28-2009, 06:22 PM
Great finds Del, sure love that shoe buckle (really cleaned up well) and your LC. Awesome thumbsup01

angellionel
11-28-2009, 06:25 PM
Very good hunt Dan. I like that large cent. :grin: I know what you mean about those high, solid VDI numbers, especially when hitting on them while out in the woods. Good stuff!

randy
11-28-2009, 06:31 PM
Very nice Dan.

MNDigger
11-28-2009, 06:33 PM
Congrats on the great looking buckle and LC today! I really like the buckle! thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-28-2009, 07:52 PM
nice job dan!a great day and yeah i almost got bonked by a falling branch too.colonial home and cellar hole.no large coppers for me but found this weird chain and was wondering if you can tell me what it was used for?definitly wasn't made for strength thats for sure.i was hoping maybe some kind of sword chain but,i doubt it.
gonna upload photos now
dave

OkieDigger
11-28-2009, 08:05 PM
Very nice! Looks like it was a great day out.

del
11-28-2009, 08:07 PM
Great finds Del, sure love that shoe buckle (really cleaned up well) and your LC. Awesome thumbsup01

thanks , i was lucky its not very often you get a whole one

Very good hunt Dan. I like that large cent. :grin: I know what you mean about those high, solid VDI numbers, especially when hitting on them while out in the woods. Good stuff!

you said it Angel ,we're gonna have to get together for a cellar hunt some time . maybe this comming spring if you want .

Very nice Dan.

thanks Rangy

Congrats on the great looking buckle and LC today! I really like the buckle! thumbsup01

thank you Steve , me to . i only have a few complete ones

nice job dan!a great day and yeah i almost got bonked by a falling branch too.
dave

thanks Dave , ya it was pretty dangerous out there i think i heard at least one goodsize tree fall over.

Very nice! Looks like it was a great day out.

thank you Dale

angellionel
11-28-2009, 09:14 PM
you said it Angel ,we're gonna have to get together for a cellar hunt some time . maybe this comming spring if you want .

It would be my pleasure to join you on one of your cellar hole hunts this spring. 8)

Epi-hunter
11-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Great finds Dan, I love the stuff you dig up at those sites! That coin is terrific and the buckle too! Weird that someone carved up the coin :confused:

coinnut
11-28-2009, 10:27 PM
Yikes!! What did you do to that copper lol When I left it was perfect :confused: Nice day's hunt there Dan!!! ;) You got a copper and I got the ox knob :twirlingeyes: :grin: Bits and pieces for me today. But I did get a cow bell just incase I need one :rolleyes: Plus that E Trac sure can get the little stuff. Got an eyelet just incase I need one too lol But the weather held out and it was great to get out, even though my arm kills :crying02:

del
11-28-2009, 10:39 PM
Yikes!! What did you do to that copper lol When I left it was perfect :confused: Nice day's hunt there Dan!!! ;) You got a copper and I got the ox knob :twirlingeyes: :grin: Bits and pieces for me today. But I did get a cow bell just incase I need one :rolleyes: Plus that E Trac sure can get the little stuff. Got an eyelet just incase I need one too lol But the weather held out and it was great to get out, even though my arm kills :crying02:

yeah unfortunetly the part we saw that flaked off was the best part ( the date) the rest of the coin is pretty worn but its a copper and i'll gladly take it . an oxknob :huh: see Krom this is why i keep him around he's an oxknob magnet as of late , my hero :tongue: lol lol

coinnut
11-28-2009, 10:42 PM
Come on Del, That's why I spent $1500.00 on a machine, so I could get all the ox knobs lol They're kinda cute after a while :-\

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-29-2009, 12:03 AM
only george would find a polish cowbell :confused: how the heck's the clacker bang the inside of that bell? :confused: :confused: hey i'm polish so i'm not being racist here :tongue: nice day out you guys! thumbsup01

Snowy
11-29-2009, 12:20 AM
How 'bout that old buckle, ey? Sweet lookin' thing... I wanna find one...
I also wanna find an ox knob.
Nice job with the diggin's!

Dave
11-29-2009, 11:25 AM
Nice diggin' guy's! Congrat's on those find's!

coinnut
11-29-2009, 10:15 PM
( how the heck's the clacker bang the inside of that bell? :confused: :confused:

Why do you think they threw it out?? lol Umm... It was whole before I shook it :confused: :grin:

del
11-30-2009, 03:36 AM
Why do you think they threw it out?? lol Umm... It was whole before I shook it :confused: :grin:

if you want the truth Dave i was really tired of him sounding like a cow out in them woods so i had to disarm the bell to keep my sanity :twirlingeyes: :grin: :tongue:

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-30-2009, 07:58 AM
if you want the truth Dave i was really tire of him sounding like a cow out in them woods so i had to disarm the bell to keep my sanity :twirlingeyes: :grin: :tongue:

lol.we all got a cowbell now like that.pretty cool.i almost gave mine to mikey .but,glad i kept it.

del
11-30-2009, 08:13 AM
lol.we all got a cowbell now like that.pretty cool.i almost gave mine to mikey .but,glad i kept it.

giving finds away now are we :confused: in that case you can give me the revolutionary war button :twirlingeyes:
ya i think we all got a cowbell this year to :huh:, i know mine was a first for me .

coinnut
11-30-2009, 07:18 PM
if you want the truth Dave i was really tired of him sounding like a cow out in them woods so i had to disarm the bell to keep my sanity :twirlingeyes: :grin: :tongue:

He was trying to steal it :angry: Now it's broken :crying02: :crying02:

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-30-2009, 07:23 PM

pretty clean break.i thought maybe the blacksmith had a few too many while making this one :twirlingeyes: