PDA

View Full Version : Wild Mountain Thyme

M-Taliesin
01-10-2011, 02:13 PM
Howdy Folks!
My love for metal detecting is pretty high, but not nearly so high as the Rocky Mountains of my Colorado home! The beauty of this place can easily steal a grown man's breath away, and stun the mind with awe. I've been in many a church, temple or other places of worship, but nowhere do I feel that imminent presence of deity than high up on a wilderness mountain top, or the serenity found in an aspen grove at 10,000 feet! If this ain't heaven, it surely must be closer to it.

So I cobbled together a short video with some of my favorite photos taken in my travels around Colorado to share some of the sights that are virtually out my back door. Regardless of politics in this state or problems facing us with regard to water or the economy, Colorado remains the beautiful place it is, with high reaches soaring to the sky, and fields of gold stretching toward the horizon. Next time you find yourself singing that line about purple mountains majesty remember it was written by a man struck with awe at the wonder before his eyes when he saw Pike's Peak country.

Guess I'll shut up and stop gushing long enough to stick the actual video in here now!

My Colorado (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgU34iSWHLo#ws)

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

russellt
01-10-2011, 04:41 PM
your crazy..........................

Nitro 54
01-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Nice presentation M-T :frozen: :frozen: :grin:

odave
01-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Beautiful State and Mountains !! Good Video Mel :beerbuddy:

coinnut
01-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Nice looking place to call home. A bit :frozen: for me too. But I love the crisp look of everything.

del
01-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Mell i've been to Colorado many times it is a very beautiful state although i have never been up beyond steamboat springs and spent most of my time in the Durango where i have kin. nicely done.

Dan

M-Taliesin
01-10-2011, 06:43 PM
Mell i've been to Colorado many times it is a very beautiful state although i have never been up beyond steamboat springs and spent most of my time in the Durango where i have kin. nicely done.

Howdy Dan!
I'd love to hit Durango on the last day of the Bluegrass festival. Enjoy some tunes,
relish a little pickin' and grinnin', then the instant that it is over and folks go away,
detect the snot out of that location. I'll bet they leave behind a small fortune!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Carver
01-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Nice pics and Colorado is a nice place to visit, but I'll take the rolling hills and flat farm ground and the beautiful timbers of my native Iowa any day. Just my opinion of course, but home is home <: <: <: <: <: <: <: <: <: