PDA

View Full Version : How 'bout Jewelry?

M-Taliesin
01-10-2011, 10:01 PM
Howdy Folks!
You have a board for coinshooting.
You have a board for relic hunting.
How about a board for jewelry items.
Silver and gold jewelry. Maybe even platinum too.

How's that idea strike your fancy?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Epi-hunter
01-10-2011, 10:37 PM
Howdy Folks!
You have a board for coinshooting.
You have a board for relic hunting.
How about a board for jewelry items.
Silver and gold jewelry. Maybe even platinum too.

How's that idea strike your fancy?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Good thought Mel; we will discuss it. We may need to add more divisions for the various types. Right now the boards are divided by type of detecting though (location), rather than type of finds. It's a good idea though and we will talk about it. Thank you!

Carver
01-13-2011, 07:54 AM
Yup,,,lots of folks here find a ton of rings :happydance01:

M-Taliesin
01-13-2011, 08:32 AM
Yup,,,lots of folks here find a ton of rings :happydance01:

Howdy Carver!
Don't forget all them bracelets, necklaces, earrings, toe rings, pins and broaches, cuff links, tie clasps, wrist watches, pocket watches, money clips, scout kerchief slides, religious medals, modern belt buckles, bangles, and all the other possible items that would fit into the jewelry category. Considering the large variety of items that would qualify as Jewelry, it might be appropriate to have its own category.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Diggler
01-13-2011, 08:44 AM
I like the idea a lot. Most people think of jewelry as an added bonus to coin shooting. Not me! Coins help pay for the batteries while jewelry hunting. Sometimes you see some very ring/jewelry specific programs and most of the replies are ALWAYS something like but that will knock out a V-nickle in the same hole as an Indian if there is iron dust nearby. Have seen one VERY ring specific program for Etrac lately. Sure it is choked up so much that you would be lucky to get 5, but that is where most jewelry lies. So yes I think an Urban Prospecting forum is a great idea!

M-Taliesin
01-13-2011, 09:03 AM
I like the idea a lot. Most people think of jewelry as an added bonus to coin shooting. Not me! Coins help pay for the batteries while jewelry hunting.

Howdy Diggler!
You said it precisely how I see it. I'm hunting for gold and silver. That mostly comes in the form of jewelry.
I look at coins as a bonus. It's the gold and silver I'm really after.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin