PDA

View Full Version : Checks for Gold!

M-Taliesin
01-10-2011, 10:23 PM
Howdy Folks!
I had a terrific year last year finding gold and silver. Here are the pictures of checks I got for gold sales on 3/15, 6/28, 9/17 and 12/30.

Strange as it may seem, there are folks hereabouts that find it difficult to believe how much gold and silver I actually find. Guess they don't know me very well. And that's okay with me so long as I keep putting cash in my bank account, I don't much care what anybody might think.

I always extend the hand of friendship and invite folks to come to Colorado and see the Goldslinger in action. Several of you have done that, and went home with silver, old coins, and even witnessed me finding gold or silver. In fact, the very first time I went out with Rsarge1, I found a nice gold ring that day too. My pardner Pipster has been totally blown away by my ability to find gold and silver, and after working with me in my style awhile, he started finding gold and silver almost as regular as I do. IDXit came over to this side of the rock pile and watched me pull a silver dime out of a sidewalk tear out. Some of my fellow Eureka club folks have seen me hunt an old park on Federal blvd in Denver, and walk off with a clutch of old coins. These are fertile hunting grounds. Exsquid went home with at least one wheat penny I recall, and a couple of silver items too! Nicely done!

But I don't want to ponder what anybody may say when the facts speak better on my behalf than I am able or care to bother. I just want to detect!

So here are the checks I got for selling (some) gold.
Note there were only a couple of silver items sold. Anybody wants to see the silver I got might take a peek at my video: My Best Finds of 2010!
http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=3524.0
(that video does not include silver jewelry found this past year though)

Take a gander tat these checks I got for selling gold I'd found.
And if you are tempted to think I'm above average, there are folks in the Eureka club make me look like a piker. You wouldn't believe how much gold and silver those folks all find.
That's because we are blessed to live where we do.

The grand total, just for gold by itself = $2,003.44
Not too shabby a year for the old Goldslinger!
Next year, after my knee is fixed, I should do better and be back to those bigger checks!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

coinnut
01-10-2011, 10:51 PM
I never really paid much attention to those who doubt my finds either Mel. I do well in the relic department and have a passion for digging lol It never really dawned on me that people may not have the skills or the area to find what I find. So they think I make it up. I'm an honest guy who never posts anything I didn't find, and If I show something that was not dug I say it. It's sad that people don't believe what we find sometimes but that usually comes from jealousy and other emotional problems. I just keep digging and I know you do too.

Beefcake
01-10-2011, 11:09 PM
The forums I belong to, I've never seen a problem with worrying about validation... If there ever was a problem, I'd find another forum. Congrats on the gold sales!! Did you look into ARA... They pay 98% spot rate...tough to beat that!

Nitro 54
01-10-2011, 11:17 PM
That was a good payday M-T :happydance01: :happydance01: <:

M-Taliesin
01-11-2011, 01:19 AM
The forums I belong to, I've never seen a problem with worrying about validation... If there ever was a problem, I'd find another forum.

Howdy Pard!
The problem isn't the forum. If there's one individual causing problems, then the problem is that individual. And I am impressed with how the mods handle things over here. I'm like barnacles. I stick!

Congrats on the gold sales!! Did you look into ARA... They pay 98% spot rate...tough to beat that!

Nope, I've never heard of them before, but you've definately piqued my interest.
If you'd care to share information about them, drop me a PM or if you think it helpful to others as well, stick it in a reply to this thread! Much obliged for the info either way.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

ec121connie
01-11-2011, 08:19 AM
A few of the folks around this end of California use ARA for the gold turn in.
http://www.aragold.com/ara-faq.html

I've never tried them .. Might have to give it a go if I ever find anything worth melting.

SeYa ..

russellt
01-11-2011, 12:59 PM
you find gold like mad . not so ,much gold around here , i find just a few pieces a year if im lucky.... but YOU.. that is a huge amount of plunder,, awesome MT

exsquid
01-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Nice year end totals Mel....Not bad for a crippled up Gold Slinger.... :grin:

Lookout next year..... You are going to shame the rest of us even more :happydance01:

I don't mind, as I really enjoy seeing all of the great finds you come up with. :loveit:

jkress
01-11-2011, 02:24 PM
man.... I need to find some gold!!! :yes:

Congrats. :peace: