PDA

View Full Version : Silver and wheats

OkieDigger
11-28-2009, 08:02 PM
Took the wife detecting today. She was using the MXT and I was using the E-Trac. We went to a spot I've been wanting to detect for a couple of years now and today was perfect. I managed to find a silver dime and seven wheats. Almost everything I dug was near iron. I had my wife check several signals with the MXT and it couldn't pick up some of the coins and was really iffy on others. That just reaffirms to me how well the E-Trac can pick coins out of trash. In one hole I found three wheats and a big piece of rusty bike chain. In another hole I dug a rusty nail 2 above a wheat. Even the silver dime was near iron. The E-Trac is one amazing machine.

randy
11-28-2009, 08:07 PM
Nice collection there, and they cleaned up pretty well too.

bmattioli
11-28-2009, 08:11 PM
Good finds and report on the E-Trac. I can't wait for mine.. Nice you two got out together..

Bruce

marchas45
11-28-2009, 08:30 PM
Nice finds OkieDigger wish my wife would get interested but she has arthritis and it would hurt her to much to dig. crying01

Epi-hunter
11-28-2009, 09:20 PM
Great finds and a really nice day! Glad your wife could get out with you to detect... I didn't know she was a detectorist. She needs to join the forum, we need more females around here! :)

angellionel
11-28-2009, 09:26 PM
Good hunt Dale! Those wheats did clean up well too. Like Angie said, you need to invite your wife to the forum. ;)

del
11-28-2009, 09:49 PM
hold it , hold it ,hold it right there Dale your wife went out with you detecting , wow she's a keeper , better hang on to her

yeah George likes how well it can pick up goodies in the iron trash as well, very nice day out . congrats Dale

z118
11-28-2009, 09:54 PM
Nice digs. Those wheats sure hold up well out your way!

coinnut
11-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Nice digs. Some early wheats too! Plus a Merc = a good hunt!!! Gotta love that E Trac and Iron!!

xzlr8n
11-28-2009, 11:00 PM
I'm pretty sure you and Angellionel are on the payroll of Minelab. You guys and others are the best advertising going. E-trac - V3, E-trac - V3, E-trac - V3, E-trac - V3 :confused: I just don't know what to do?? :rolleyes: Hummm maybe buy both. All kidding aside it looks like the E-trac has opened up some more hunting for you in those hunted out MXT areas. Congrats!!!

Bentfork
11-28-2009, 11:03 PM
WTG Dale! Those wheaties are in good shape. It is nice to hear your wife hunted with you.

G.

MNDigger
11-28-2009, 11:04 PM
Nice job on the Merc and pile of wheats! And you tell me that I always one up you but it seems I found a silver this morning and then you have to go and find one this afternoon! :tongue:

Krom
11-29-2009, 01:12 AM
Very nice digs, OD! thumbsup01

Dave
11-29-2009, 11:07 AM
Congrats on the silver find, and being able to get out with your wife for a little m.d. fun!

OkieDigger
11-29-2009, 09:57 PM
Thanks everyone.

The wife rarely gets out because she's usually busy with the kids or volunteering at church. She has threatened to sign up on here and give me a hard time though. lol She likes to detect and after 15 years of marriage I'm thinking I'll just go ahead and keep her. ;) BTW, she made me laugh because I told her a couple of months ago we could sell the MXT and get an E-Trac for her if she wanted, but she said the MXT would be fine. After she saw me pull those three wheats out of the same hole with the rusty chain where she had already detected, she told me I was a punk and she quietly said she wanted an E-Trac. :grin:

xzlr8n, I sure wish I was on their payroll, but they wouldn't want to see the trash I find so often around here. lol If you like to fiddle with settings, get the V3, if you like to just turn on and find silver, get the E-Trac. It's so simple to use and contrary to some opinions, it actually does have a few settings you can play with if you wanted to.

Epi-hunter
11-29-2009, 10:16 PM
After she saw me pull those three wheats out of the same hole with the rusty chain where she had already detected, she told me I was a punk and she quietly said she wanted an E-Trac. :grin:

I like her already! lol Make her join the forum ;)

coinnut
11-30-2009, 07:47 PM
I like her already! lol Make her join the forum ;)

Yep, That's one tough chic lol lol Oops... don't tell her I called her a chic, I don't want her to come after me :-\ You got your hands full. I wouldn't keep telling her she was missing stuff, if you know what's good for you :grin: Sounds like the perfect hunting partner. Come on, get her an E Trac :beatdown: