PDA

View Full Version : Annual AD Hunt

Fire Fighter 43
01-10-2011, 11:20 PM
Have the moderators of this forum ever considered organizing an annual group hunt?

Epi-hunter
01-10-2011, 11:29 PM
Have the moderators of this forum ever considered organizing an annual group hunt?

We have talked about it; just haven't done it yet! :)

Geographically we are very spread out, but have a lot of members in the northeast which is a good general area.

Toadman
01-11-2011, 12:25 AM
Any place i can get to, I will travel .......Or i have some sweet spots here, If anyone is interested.. Always looking to make new friends,, :happydance01: I held a forum hunt most every year since i started forumming, and would be more than happy to host another. With my new friends.. :peace:

randy
01-11-2011, 06:20 AM
I'm up for it. I'll travel just about anywhere.

giant056
01-11-2011, 06:38 AM
I wish I was a Genie and just blink my eyes and be anywhere rofl

Ill Digger
01-11-2011, 09:49 AM
Have detector...willing to travel thumbsup01
Northeast sounds great to me :drool:

greg
01-11-2011, 11:26 AM
I'll go as long as there are no bee's

russellt
01-11-2011, 12:56 PM
sounds like fun but i would have to pass ...... im closer to bermuda than i am deleware

exsquid
01-11-2011, 01:36 PM
That would be cool if I can catch it at the right time of year so I could attend... :drool:

jkress
01-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Angie is right... we did talk about it a little while back.

If memory serves correctly, one of the moderators obtained permission for a group hunt on the White House lawn. The best part is the American Detectorist corporation was going to pay all travel/living expenses for their members to get there and hunt for the week. rofl

But seriously, I think an idea was bounced around a little about having a certain day picked and people getting out together in their areas and posting their finds for the day.

Toadman
01-11-2011, 03:07 PM
April fools day is on a friday, I will have one all throughout fri sat and sun, If anyone wants in on a Massachusetts hunt. :thinkingabout: I'm just below Boston..

pulltabsteve
01-11-2011, 03:58 PM
April fools day is on a friday, I will have one all throughout fri sat and sun, If anyone wants in on a Massachusetts hunt. :thinkingabout: I'm just below Boston..

ROAD TRIP!!!! :clapping: :peace: :happydance01:

del
01-12-2011, 12:44 AM
ROAD TRIP!!!! :clapping: :peace: :happydance01:

i'm not that far away Rick (about 2 hours), i might just take you up on that this year . :beerbuddy:

M-Taliesin
01-12-2011, 01:00 AM
Howdy Folks!
You know what... considering we have AD mods scatted around the country, each of them could host an AD hunt in their particular stomping grounds. i.e., We have a mod in the northeast, and one could be held by that mod in that area. We have a mod in Colorado, and he could organize one in that area/region. If we have a mod on the west coast, they could also arrange a gathering in their area. I don't know where all the mods live, espcially considering I ain't entirely sure who all are mods yet. But if they each held a hunt in their own area/region, on the same day and roughly the same time, that could make it possible for most folks on the forum to attend one without driving 2,000 miles (in my case) to arrive in the northeast. I'd travel to Fort Collins in about an hour or so, and bang, join a hunt here in Colorado.

Just an idea that I hoped might provide another alternative.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

del
01-12-2011, 01:39 AM
that idea has alot merrit Mel thanks thumbsup01 , i like it and will pass this info to the team

Dan

My4Kiwis
01-12-2011, 04:35 AM
I like Mels idea as well. Although I would love to hunt the Northeast someday.

CyberSage
01-12-2011, 08:42 AM
Great idea Mel! We have an annual Northern Colorado group hunt every year. May be this could be a place to start.

coinnut
01-12-2011, 01:53 PM
Howdy Folks!
You know what... considering we have AD mods scatted around the country, each of them could host an AD hunt in their particular stomping grounds. i.e., We have a mod in the northeast, and one could be held by that mod in that area. We have a mod in Colorado, and he could organize one in that area/region. If we have a mod on the west coast, they could also arrange a gathering in their area. I don't know where all the mods live, espcially considering I ain't entirely sure who all are mods yet. But if they each held a hunt in their own area/region, on the same day and roughly the same time, that could make it possible for most folks on the forum to attend one without driving 2,000 miles (in my case) to arrive in the northeast. I'd travel to Fort Collins in about an hour or so, and bang, join a hunt here in Colorado.

Just an idea that I hoped might provide another alternative.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Just thinking the same thing Mel. Everyone can't travel long distances, but if they could travel shorter ones it would reach more members that way. Now if some Moderators can't do a hunt, what is stopping a bunch of members from just doing their own group hunt, in areas that we as Moderators / Administrators can't travel too? It would be nice to get AD members to do mini hunts and would probably be easier to find areas to hunt with a smaller group. I would love to see 5-10 people get together as an AD hunt and meet each other and share info. Those pictures would be priceless thumbsup01

M-Taliesin
01-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Everyone can't travel long distances, but if they could travel shorter ones it would reach more members that way. Now if some Moderators can't do a hunt, what is stopping a bunch of members from just doing their own group hunt, in areas that we as Moderators / Administrators can't travel too? It would be nice to get AD members to do mini hunts and would probably be easier to find areas to hunt with a smaller group. I would love to see 5-10 people get together as an AD hunt and meet each other and share info. Those pictures would be priceless thumbsup01

Howdy Pard!
I'd be willing to step up if Jack can't arrange something and kick up a hunt down here in the Denver metro area somewhere. I know some parks that permit us to do group hunts for our local MD club, and figure we could enjoy an outing as a group, but it won't be all that soon. We got snow on the ground. Might be a great thing to do for spring or summer.

I'd think it might be cool to do the thing like political action groups do house parties. Folks meet up at a designated location, and have at it. Something to consider, to be sure.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Bedrock
01-12-2011, 02:58 PM
I think that Mel's suggestion of regional hunts is the way to go. It would involve a lot more people, and reduce the amount of travelling, as well as time, required to participate. If gas prices begin heading toward new highs, as many economists are predicting, travel distances might become a serious limitation for some people. Regional hunts would be a win-win situation for just about everybody.

Carver
01-13-2011, 08:18 AM
Crap,,,,I wish there was a mod in the midwest :bangahead01: :bangahead01: :bangahead01:

M-Taliesin
01-30-2011, 08:32 PM
Howdy Folks!
I think it might do well to see who would volunteer to direct a regional hunt in their area.
When such a hunt should take place (i.e., all hunts to take place the same day/weekend, etc).
And maybe all hunts have the same rules (i.e. 2 hour time limit, seeded/unseeded, type of
hunting environment, etc!)

Figure a National AD hunt held in various locations on a regional basis should all operate as if
we were all in the same location, hunting the same grounds, with the same set of rules, so it
gives everybody an even chance.

Whatcha think?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

v3ikid
01-30-2011, 08:43 PM
Sounds like a great idea to me. Sure is an interesting idea.

RWJR13
01-30-2011, 08:45 PM
....That sounds great......Just have to see how it goes....

BOWSER
01-30-2011, 08:48 PM
I'll go as long as there are no bee's rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl 8/ :lipssealed:

li tom
01-30-2011, 09:59 PM
This is a great idea!group hunts are fun and you meet a lot of wonderful people.

wingmaster
02-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Sounds like a plan, would probably have more turn out if we went by state hunts so everybody in that state could get together for a hunt, then we could do a regional hunt before or after the state hunts for bigger area's for those that could travel more distance. Some people will have more time constraints than others limiting their ability to travel longer distance.