PDA

View Full Version : How to Acid Test for Gold!

M-Taliesin
01-14-2011, 12:36 PM
Howdy Folks!
Here is a video I made awhile back to show how easy it is to do an acid test to determine whether an item you found is gold or not. It is a simple test, and can give you proof that you got gold. There are items running around that are marked 14k or 10k, and there ain't no gold in them. I've run into those myself, as illustrated in the video.

Acid Test.mp4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEu-hSxr-xg#)

So I hope everybody finds so much gold that you end up feeling compelled to buy an acid test kit and learn how to use it. Knowing this simple skill can also keep you from getting ripped off when selling gold, considering you'll already know the karat weight of your gold, and won't fall for somebody of an unscrupulous nature telling you your 14k item is only 10k and undercutting what you should receive in payment on a sale. I only deal with reputable dealers, so that ain't a great concern, but there are pawn shops and other gold buyers you just gotta watch out for.

Hope this video proves both illuminating and enjoyable.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Dimeman
01-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Glad you put this video up. It is nice to watch it again and very informative as well.
Thanks !!!!! 8)

coinnut
01-14-2011, 01:37 PM
Nice little video Mel. Thanks for that. :clapping: :clapping: I would buy a gold test kit, but I'm figuring I would need the silver test kit a lot more lol

RounderRick
01-14-2011, 01:43 PM
Nice video M-T, I've been wondering how one would test for gold at home without buying one of them expensive gadgets I've seen online and thanks to you now I know.
Now if I can just find some gold to test. lol