PDA

View Full Version : My cleaning machine is in

coinnut
01-14-2011, 07:41 PM
Yep, my cleaning machine is finally here :happydance01: :happydance01: It's gonna tumble everything in my house lol I still have some work to do to it like stabilizing the barrels with some rubber belts to make it run true, and I have to attach a power cord to it. The tumbler is a medium size one but very heavy duty. No burning up the bearings here lol I will be able to have my two 9 gallon barrels going at the same time, so cleaning will be quick. Why the big tumbler?? ?? Take a peek at the boxes of uncleaned junk. That is just a sample of the stuff I have found over the years. With copper prices what they are now, it will be worth turning them in. Besides, who knows what may turn up in them boxes. Gotta have some toys in life rofl

greg
01-14-2011, 07:45 PM
Holy crap. You don't toss out much. lol

coinnut
01-14-2011, 08:01 PM
Holy crap. You don't toss out much. lol

lol I don't toss out anything except the dirt ;) I'm gonna retire on that junk lol

Epi-hunter
01-14-2011, 08:20 PM
OMG George :shocked04: That is a monster machine lol

You are going to tumble all that stuff? :shocked01:

greg
01-14-2011, 08:20 PM
lol I don't toss out anything except the dirt ;) I'm gonna retire on that junk lol

I wanna see how that bud can comes out rofl

coinnut
01-14-2011, 08:26 PM
OMG George :shocked04: That is a monster machine lol

You are going to tumble all that stuff? :shocked01:

I wanna see how that bud can comes out rofl

It's all going in together lol Clean as a whistle :cheesysmile: Then the dremel comes out to see what is copper or brass

SeabeeRon
01-14-2011, 09:47 PM
That thing is a Beast and from the looks of it, it's got it work cut out for it!!! :poke: :bop: :boxing:

Ill Digger
01-14-2011, 10:41 PM
:popcorn: :popcorn: I'll be curious to see the out come. I did my clad already.
Lets see the 9 gallon drum(s)....
What kinda tumbler is this? Is it for rocks or a parts cleaner ? :popcorn:

Dimeman
01-14-2011, 10:49 PM
Looks like you got a ton of recycleable metal.
Brass, copper, aluminum and who knows what else.

pulltabsteve
01-14-2011, 10:53 PM
After tumbling, that bottle will SHINE rofl Lots of cool pulltabs in that box.... BTW... the harmonica reed isnt junk! Cool cleaner George, cant wait to hear how it works.

giant056
01-14-2011, 11:59 PM
That's quite a rig you're putting together there thumbsup01 I've been saving all my brass and copper junk in a 5 gallon bucket, I haven't been to a scrapyard since I was a kid but even back then you could get a nice chunk of money for a junkout car.

tanacat
01-15-2011, 09:01 AM
Can we get a better shot of the tumbler? I'm so proud of you for doing your part- environmentally :)

I thought I was doing good with my 5 gallon bucket of copper scraps $43.57 I think it was... I never thought about saviing aluminum or other, it sure adds up! Be sure to give us a breakdown of all the metal$$$

Jeff (or)
01-15-2011, 12:45 PM
Wow, looks like there is a lot to clean, that new machine should make simple work of it!! :popcorn:

coinnut
01-16-2011, 01:12 PM
Here's some better pictures of the tumbler. I unpacked most of it this morning. Also took a shot of the barrels for it. I'm not sure if this guy bought this unit or made it. It is in used, but great shape and a well designed unit. It's very hard to find a unit this size. Bigger is no problem, and so is smaller. This intermediate size is hard to get.

What kinda tumbler is this? Is it for rocks or a parts cleaner ? :popcorn:

Tumblers are kinda universal. This one was used for polishing rocks, They can be used for de-burring small parts, applying different finishes (satin, etc...) for parts, making sea glass (frosted over glass) like you find at the beach. So for me, it will be mostly used for cleaning my yearly junk. All I have to do is drop it in the barrels all year long and then tumble them for a couple hours and I can look them over before they hit the scrap pile. I'll have it running in a couple of weeks, work schedule permitting. Because of the snow, my work load goes up :rolleyes:

pulltabsteve
01-16-2011, 03:55 PM
I like it! You'll have some clean metal in no time :clapping:

del
01-16-2011, 05:06 PM
:shocked04: :shocked04:stretcher: wow that thing is huge , dude . i didn't think it was that big :dontknow: your over-compensating for something your lacking aren't you lol rofl rofl :poke: :teasing: :tongue: but seriously that thing will take up alot of real estate in the basement , the wife cool with that . can't wait to see it in action G.

Nitro 54
01-16-2011, 05:09 PM
:shocked04: :shocked04: Thats a big tumbler :crazy:

coinnut
01-16-2011, 07:23 PM
your over-compensating for something your lacking aren't you lol rofl rofl :poke: :teasing: :tongue:

Sounds like tumbler envy lol Something you are lacking ?? rofl rofl It's not that big and there is plenty of room in the cellar once I get rid of your chair ;)

russellt
02-08-2011, 01:22 PM
my wife would kill me if i kept that kind of stuff lying around..

coinnut
02-08-2011, 11:07 PM

Naw, I just tell her it's a washing machine. lol She will have nothing to do with it :cheesysmile:

Cheap Thrills
02-09-2011, 08:59 AM
When is the estimated date of the launching of The George-A-Tron Maximus ? I will be eagerly waiting to see if it registers on the Richter Scale here in California . :clapping:

coinnut
02-09-2011, 09:18 AM
When is the estimated date of the launching of The George-A-Tron Maximus ? I will be eagerly waiting to see if it registers on the Richter Scale here in California . :clapping:

I am negotiating a deal with the electric company to drain some power from your coast to help me run it :cheesysmile: If your power goes out, it will be me lol I'm still waiting on some parts I need from E bay, so I can get the barrels to run true. Other than that, I am ready :shocked01:

Cheap Thrills
02-09-2011, 09:50 AM
Give me about a 3hr. warning before you drain our power as I have about $3.50 in clad I have found so far this year that I want to tumble . :callme:

jkress
02-09-2011, 11:07 AM
:shocked04: Talk about industrial size. lol

It is a pretty impressive set up.

pulltabsteve
02-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Naw, I just tell her it's a washing machine. lol She will have nothing to do with it :cheesysmile:

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl <}

RobW
02-10-2011, 12:15 PM

His wife gave him the basement, she locks the door behind him and only lets him go out to metal detect, but I have to admit, he's got some wonderful toys down there!

Trust me, that stuff is piled high.

marinedad
02-15-2011, 11:19 AM
that is one sweet tumbler, i wish i had one that big to tumble my rocks :thinkingabout:

SeabeeRon
02-15-2011, 11:41 AM
I am negotiating a deal with the electric company to drain some power from your coast to help me run it :cheesysmile: If your power goes out, it will be me lol I'm still waiting on some parts I need from E bay, so I can get the barrels to run true. Other than that, I am ready :shocked01:

If we have another Great East Coast Black-Out, I'll know you fired up that beast!! :poke: happydance02

Evan/tn
02-15-2011, 12:21 PM
:shocked04: Wow what a tumbler!!
Ya never know what you might rediscover in those boxes thumbsup01

pulltabsteve
03-30-2011, 07:58 PM
If we have another Great East Coast Black-Out, I'll know you fired up that beast!! :poke: happydance02

rofl rofl rofl Better get a solar panel on your roof to run that thing!

Vito
03-31-2011, 03:36 PM
Great tumbler you have there. Think this is one of those eco-drives and will run on one 9Volt batt., right?? rofl

coinnut
03-31-2011, 08:43 PM
Think this is one of those eco-drives and will run on one 9Volt batt., right?? rofl

Absolutely lol Runs on squirrel power if the battery dies :yes:

odave
04-02-2011, 03:58 PM
:omg: That's a tumbler thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01...I Like it :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

coinnut
04-02-2011, 08:47 PM
I tested it yesterday on some scrap aluminum I am bringing to the scrap yard. Beach sand works very well when you don't care about scratching the items. I just want them clean lol

skrapman
02-27-2012, 10:07 PM
that thing has more horse power than my wifes car! :wow:

Toadman
02-28-2012, 11:47 PM
Sounds like squirell cruelty to me..... lol lol lol lol Wish i had saved all my metal. :hairpulling: :hairpulling: :hairpulling:

del
03-01-2012, 12:09 AM
Sounds like squirell cruelty to me..... lol lol lol lol Wish i had saved all my metal. :hairpulling: :hairpulling: :hairpulling:

i can assure you Rick and anyone else , that no squirrels were harmed in the running and operation of this tumbler. lol lol