PDA

View Full Version : Resizing Photos for the Forum!

M-Taliesin
01-15-2011, 04:21 AM
Howdy Folks!
I've seen several folks who wrote about having trouble getting the size of a photo right so it can be displayed on the forum in a post or reply.

While this particular video shows how that can be done easily with the program I use, it can also be done just as easily with any photo edit program. Windows comes with a program of its own called paint, and it also will allow you to resize your photos for the forum. I've found that 640 x 480 pixels is just about ideal, and it gives your photo plenty of room without being too large.

See the video where I demonstrate how to resize a photo so you can post it to the forum.

Photo Resizing for a Forum.mp4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmERWZNT3S8#)

Hope this helps anybody who has run into the problem of posting photos and gives you a leap forward in getting your shots sized right for display on the American Detectorist.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Kimster
01-17-2011, 02:09 PM
Bless you, Mel. You are a man among men. I'm about to try this. The only hang up I can anticipate is having a program that resizes. However, since I have Adobe Photoshop, which I paid big money for, this should (I say....this should......I say....this should) not be a problem....let's see....humm....my best coin...humm....

to be continued on Mel's post for &quot:beerbuddy:est Coin...

M-Taliesin
01-17-2011, 11:06 PM
Howdy Pard!
PhotoShop certainly will resize.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

mike l
01-17-2011, 11:51 PM
Mel, you are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks for the well done and informative video :yes:

Bell-Two
01-18-2011, 01:08 AM
Here is a link showing how to use the paint program that is part of your windows system that you can use to resize simple and you don't need another seperate program to do it.

http://www.jerrylabella.com/paint_how_to.htm

jkress
01-18-2011, 10:19 PM
Bless you, Mel. You are a man among men. I'm about to try this. The only hang up I can anticipate is having a program that resizes. However, since I have Adobe Photoshop, which I paid big money for, this should (I say....this should......I say....this should) not be a problem....let's see....humm....my best coin...humm....

to be continued on Mel's post for &quot:beerbuddy:est Coin...

Photoshop is a very powerful photo editing program. Much beyond what the average user would need.... but full of features and abilities.

You can set up 'Actions' to do just about anything. Once you tell the Action what to do, it becomes just a button click.

For instance... all the photos I post on here come from Aperture and Photoshop. Aperture is my photo editing program and Photoshop is my pixel editing program. Aperture is also my digital asset management program (DAM).

My workflow for American Detectorist takes about 10 seconds start to finish. Once I download the picture of my 'find' into Aperture, I quickly adjust the image for Brightness, Contrast and Color Temp. Then with a click of a button it goes to Photoshop. Once in Photoshop I click one action button that resizes and puts a black border on and resaves the image back to Aperture where I post it online for AM to be included in a post.

Like you said, you paid some money for Photoshop... you might as well use it. :yes: Or better put... you bought a 1967 Shelby Mustang GT 500.... time to take her out on the highway. lol

Let me know if you need help setting up a 'one click' action button. I'd be more than happy to send you the action to import into your system.

odave
01-30-2011, 08:47 PM
Good Video Mel !! it will certainly help Folks !! Well Done :beerbuddy:

Hillbilly Dave
02-09-2011, 10:04 AM
Hey all,
There is a free program to re-size pics. It re-sizes one or many pics at a time. I am not promoting a program, I just want to share something helpful. It is called PIXresizer. I don't even remember where I got it from but you could find it by conducting a search in any search engine.

Linda

M-Taliesin
02-09-2011, 08:08 PM
Mel, you are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks for the well done and informative video :yes:

Howdy Mike!
Well, you're half right anyhow.
And you are very welcome.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin