PDA

View Full Version : Who tapes their grip on the E-trac?

Beefcake
01-17-2011, 06:20 PM
I've seen a few people have taped thier grip on the E-trac and I'm considering doing it too... I'm wondering what you used for tape (electrical?) and did you put anything under the tape to keep it from getting gummy on the original foam? Fill me in!!

coinnut
01-17-2011, 07:02 PM
I've seen a few people have taped thier grip on the E-trac and I'm considering doing it too... I'm wondering what you used for tape (electrical?) and did you put anything under the tape to keep it from getting gummy on the original foam? Fill me in!!

Tennis racket tape. No glue involved. My old grip got real dirty so it's gone now. Just bought some tennis racket tape and it's good as new. washable too. Works for me. lol

BlackZ51Vett
01-17-2011, 08:32 PM
I havnt got to that point yet, but I think the tennis racquet tape is the way to go.

Jeff (or)
01-17-2011, 09:40 PM
I've seen different posts where people have used the tennis racquet tape on various detector grips. Looks good I think, and everybody that has used it loves it.

CyberSage
01-17-2011, 10:09 PM
I would just send it back and get all the pieces stuck back together at the factory. To expensive of equipment to be taping it together like that. lol lol lol

xzlr8n
01-17-2011, 10:17 PM
I use prewrap, which is just a thin foam on a roll (athletes use this before athletic tape and you can get it any sporting goods store). I then go over the prewrap with black electrical.

Bell-Two
01-18-2011, 11:27 AM
I use the wound tape that is used to go around bandages to keep them in place. It sticks to itself, is soft, keeps the grip very clean and is easy to wrap and remove. For $5.00 you get enough to do two grips. It does come in colors but it is most common in the flesh tone. If you go on line you can order it in colors but it costs a lot more. Can be found in just about any drugstore or big box store. I use the 3 width. After being used a few times it conforms quite well to shape.

Ill Digger
01-18-2011, 01:08 PM
I haven't yet. But after the last few hunts I see the foam is starting to get dirty, crusty, and nasty.
So I think a wrap just to protect the foam would be a good idea. :thinkingabout:
I like the wound tape idea. Easily obtainable, fairly cheep, easy to work with, and most of all it would serve it's purpose.
And it even comes in different colors thumbsup01 Good idea Bell-2
Thanks for bringing it up Brian :grin:

Beefcake
01-18-2011, 03:11 PM
The last couple of hunts in the sloppy mud has made the grip pretty nasty... It isn't that anything has come apart, it's just the foam gets so nasty. That is an aspect of the White's that I think they did a better job of with the grip.

russellt
01-18-2011, 10:49 PM
i clean my gear after every hunt . its amazing you have to replace the grip area . you must really burn some batteries.. hunt alot i mean....

Beefcake
01-18-2011, 11:16 PM
The grip doesn't need replaced, it's fine...just want to protect it. No batteries for me... Rechargeable!!! :happydance01:

Vito
01-19-2011, 02:32 PM
Sorry Beefcake, no E-trac here. :-\ :shocked01:

But I used some handlebar tape on the foam of my CZ-70 Pro. (does this count, too :thinkingabout:).Looks very good, is on the budget and very easy to use.

May be this is for you.

Vito

Bell-Two
01-20-2011, 11:29 AM
I thought about handlebar tape too since I worked in bicycle shops for over 35 years but did not want the adhesive to adhere to the foam. Could put that over the wound tape for esthetic reasons I guess. I would think the electical tape would get a bit slick in wet and or sweaty hands.