PDA

View Full Version : Just finished

Carl in Louisiana
01-17-2011, 08:33 PM
a large research project I have been on for some time now. It covers Civil War battles and skirmishes over 353 miles and numerous towns and cities and lots of country areas as well. Read several books, printed up or copied old maps of the paths they took and old maps of the battle sites. Got some old diaries and notes picked up from here and there. Printed up flyer's and cards to hand out. Got my Atlas & Gazetteer, note book and plastic bags, sticky notes, batteries charged, GPS packed. Out of all that I am sure to get a couple areas to hunt. This is what I have been wanting to do for a long time now and will get to test the TDI out as well. Now I just need a good weekend to begin putting it all to the test. So is there anything else that needs doing before I start ? I am open to all suggestions. I might need more than a weekend.... lol lol lol

Nitro 54
01-17-2011, 08:45 PM
I would say Carl that your going to need a few lifetimes to cover that many miles :grin: :grin: :grin:

Carl in Louisiana
01-17-2011, 08:54 PM
I would say Carl that your going to need a few lifetimes to cover that many miles :grin: :grin: :grin:

lol lol lol lol

Will start at the beginning and work my way up. Whomever takes my detector and research material when I leave this world can take over where I left off...LOL

coinnut
01-17-2011, 09:45 PM
I can't wait to see what you find. My only advice is to be flexible if you are in an area that you know should be the spot, but you still can't find it. Use your intuition thumbsup01 and have a blast. Lots of buttons and belt plates :happydance01:

odave
01-17-2011, 09:55 PM
Good Luck Carl !! Hope you finds lots of Treasure and Relics :beerbuddy:

Toadman
01-17-2011, 10:02 PM
Dude !! that... is ....AWESOME !! I wish i could go with !! all the best my friend...... <: <: :happydance01: :happydance01:

Carl in Louisiana
01-17-2011, 10:14 PM
Thanks everyone thumbsup01 I just got started reading and looking and all of it was so very interesting I just could not stop. :grin: I picked one officer well two cause they were together most of the time and followed them thru until the main one was killed in a charge against union soldiers. Never liked history until I started detecting and now I cannot get enough of it. I am so excited and can't wait to get started. :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01:

Goat Rancher
01-17-2011, 10:18 PM
Good luck to you Carl......................here's hoping the research pays off for you. :peace:

wagon wheel
01-17-2011, 10:23 PM
I think you could also use some additional help from some of your new found friends at American Detectorist...don't we all agree:huh: thumbsup01 thumbsup01 Just provide us with dates and times...and BINGO...look whoe's coming to help out with your project. Just think of headlines in the local papers :cheering: :cheering:

w.w.

Carl in Louisiana
01-17-2011, 10:33 PM
I think you could also use some additional help from some of your new found friends at American Detectorist...don't we all agree:huh: thumbsup01 thumbsup01 Just provide us with dates and times...and BINGO...look whoe's coming to help out with your project. Just think of headlines in the local papers :cheering: :cheering:

w.w.

Would be glad to have some help from those on the forum willing to travel. :clapping: thumbsup01 :cheering: Not sure about the local papers though. :interesting: :thinkingabout: Lots of folks lurking for just such info... :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: Been there and done that already...sure is a bummer to research get permission...tell about it...then arrive to the spot and several folks with detectors are hitting it hard and heavy..... :blackeye: :bangahead01: :angry:

coinnut
01-17-2011, 10:39 PM
Not sure about the local papers though. :interesting: :thinkingabout: Lots of folks lurking for just such info... :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: Been there and done that already...sure is a bummer to research get permission...tell about it...then arrive to the spot and several folks with detectors are hitting it hard and heavy..... :blackeye: :bangahead01: :angry:

Yep, detect first...talk about it later lol Much later thumbsup01

Carl in Louisiana
01-17-2011, 10:42 PM
Yep, detect first...talk about it later lol Much later thumbsup01

Hey coinnut you got that right Sir thumbsup01 Will talk about what I found but not where lol lol

giant056
01-17-2011, 10:43 PM
Good luck on your ventures Carl and I'm sure that TDI is more than enough to find them relics, I'll be looking forward to your posts thumbsup01

exsquid
01-18-2011, 11:59 AM
Sounds like a sweet bunch of opportunities....Cannot wait to start to see the finds rolling in.... :happydance01:

greg
01-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Hey coinnut you got that right Sir thumbsup01 Will talk about what I found but not where lol lol

You may have said to much already lol Sound real good

russellt
01-18-2011, 06:14 PM
andrew jackson and his beligerants were in your neck of the woods in 1812 givin th british what for.. that might be interesting to research too. good luck

Toadman
01-18-2011, 06:49 PM
Mums the word for sure dude.....Beats the heck out of 8/ 8/

Judy
01-18-2011, 07:32 PM
You'll find a few beauties for sure!!! Look forward to the posts :yes:

Carver
01-18-2011, 08:34 PM
So is there anything else that needs doing before I start ? I am open to all suggestions. I might need more than a weekend.... lol lol lol

Only thing I can think of Carl is you asking me to come down there and help you out with the tecting.....I have a week or two that I can give up to help you out!!!!!!

Best of luck with the hunt !!!! looking forward to LOTS of pics!!!!!!!!!!!

Carl in Louisiana
01-18-2011, 09:01 PM
Only thing I can think of Carl is you asking me to come down there and help you out with the tecting.....I have a week or two that I can give up to help you out!!!!!!

Best of luck with the hunt !!!! looking forward to LOTS of pics!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring it on Carver would be glad to have you down this way tecting would indeed be more fun with more folks. thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01

Carl in Louisiana
01-18-2011, 09:06 PM
You may have said to much already lol Sound real good

Hey Greg over 353 miles sure covers a large area ;) ;) ;) I will check the car for tracking devices before leaving the house some people will go to all kinda lengths to find out where others are going :hammer: :hammer: :bop: :bop: Not going to let them ruin my day lol lol lol