View Full Version : AD CAR CONTEST RULES

Judy
01-17-2011, 11:26 PM
AMERICAN DETECTORIST

[color=blue]CAR CONTEST RULES

** This thread is to notify all members of the rules for the contest **

CONTEST ENTRY THREAD OPENS:

Mon. Jan. 31st. @ 9 a.m. EST. - CLOSING Sat. Feb. 5th @ 9 p.m. EST

Any toy vehicle (i.e. car, tank, motorcycle, boat, etc.) is eligible to be entered! Condition is unimportant!

A NEW CONTEST ENTRY thread will go up the day the contest is officially opened!

[u]Rules:

. Toy MUST have been found with a metal detector from any year
. Members will be allowed ONE ENTRY to submit to the contest thread ONLY
. ONLY 1 PHOTO allowed (so make it a good one)
. All photos MUST follow forum rules for size requirements
. NO photoshop enhancing
. NO videos allowed - must respect those on dialup
. A member may change their entry before the ENTRY thread is closed - only by EDITING their ORIGINAL post ... NO double postings allowed
. NO remarks, comments, etc. will be allowed in the CONTEST ENTRY THREAD OR POLLING THREAD
. All registered members of American Detectorist will be eligible to vote for their favorite toy when I officially open the CONTEST POLL after the ENTRY thread is CLOSED
. Winners will be placed as 1st, 2nd, 3rd - as voted by the members

Any changes to the rules above will clearly be posted

Please refer to the above rules before submitting your entry in the CONTEST thread!

**Those who may wish to donate a prize for the contest may pm me - the postage will be the responsibility of the winners & donators**

If there are no donations - forum bragging rights will prevail :)

~ Any questions or concerns please post here or you may pm me, thank you ~

[b][color=blue]Have Fun! Get ur Pedal to the Metal

Nitro 54
01-17-2011, 11:46 PM
Thank you Judy :peace: :peace: :peace: even if I still don't have a entry :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout:

Judy
01-17-2011, 11:57 PM
Get in your treasure boxes and find one!!! It isn't limited to this year bud thumbsup01

del
01-18-2011, 03:52 AM
thanks for starting up the contest thumbsup01
hey Judy is this any toy car that had been this year or at one time found with a detector or just any toy car laying around the house (ie. bought , found , traded ect.)

Dan

Carl in Louisiana
01-18-2011, 06:52 AM
8) 8) 8) Hey Judy Thank You. thumbsup01 This is going to be some fun times :beerbuddy: lol

Carver
01-18-2011, 07:40 AM
Thanks Judy!!!! These are always a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Judy
01-18-2011, 09:18 AM
hey Judy is this any toy car that had been this year or at one time found with a detector or just any toy car laying around the house (ie. bought , found , traded ect.)

Dan ~ it can be any toy that was found with a detector in any year thumbsup01

We normally have it found in the current hunting year, but since we're all new to one another - it will be from whenever :grin:

I will go re-edit the RULES post, as some of those from this forum may be unsure - thanks for bringing that to my attention :beerbuddy:

[b]**on edit - if the membership here likes the contest, we'll hold one each winter...catch is...you will have to have posted your toy find on this forum @ sometime in the hunting season to be eligible. ;)

wagon wheel
01-18-2011, 04:45 PM
Wow...this is GREAT! Excellent rules and organization for the event! Hats off to you Judy!!! thumbsup01 thumbsup01

w.w.

pulltabsteve
01-18-2011, 05:53 PM
Judy knows FUN!!! thumbsup01 :yes:

Toadman
01-18-2011, 06:02 PM
I'll donate, just gotta look around..... :peace: :peace: :peace:

BOWSER
01-18-2011, 06:17 PM
i got to chop and channel mine to get into the post :angry:

greg
01-18-2011, 06:30 PM
I am not entering nothing worth it, but I will donate a prize

Judy
01-18-2011, 07:14 PM
I am not entering nothing worth it, but I will donate a prize

Come on Greg...dig deep in one of your many treasure boxes!! :grin:

Indy!
01-18-2011, 07:19 PM
So we can enter a car, even if it placed in one of the old forum contests? Can we enter restos, with before & after pics?

Judy
01-18-2011, 07:22 PM
So we can enter a car, even if it placed in one of the old forum contests? Can we enter restos, with before & after pics?

Nope, sorry Rob, just 1 entry, in whatever condition it may be...we're starting off with a new forum, so don't want to overwhelm everyone lol

One entry = 1 photo ;) and yes even if it was in another forum be4 - no biggie

**edited the rules to state the amount of photos allowed**

russellt
01-18-2011, 10:38 PM
now that the rules are laid down im going to break them ..... hi yall . welcome to russellt's previously loved vehicles. ive got a tank. ive got russian jets , ive got formula one cars, russian, yugoslavian,mexican, bulgarian, italian, chinese , japanese, korean, british and american makes and im ready to do business today .all vehicles have absolutlety no warrenty . caviat emptor.. how about a 77 matchbox capt america trans am ... i loves me some contests .... ok .. ok ill pick one and try my luck

Judy
01-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Hope you all are looking thru your treasure boxes thumbsup01

Dimeman
01-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Hope you all are looking thru your treasure boxes thumbsup01

On the other forum there was a picture size limit. I know there is a posting size limit here but to make all entries close to the same size would be easier to look at them and judge.
Instead of 1 pic at 84:blackeye:680 and another at 60:blackeye:480 and all different sizes. Just a suggestion. :dontknow:

BOWSER
01-22-2011, 03:04 PM
if i pm a car to someone can they claim it as thier own or is that cheating :popcorn:

Judy
01-22-2011, 04:04 PM
On the other forum there was a picture size limit. I know there is a posting size limit here but to make all entries close to the same size would be easier to look at them and judge.
Instead of 1 pic at 84:blackeye:680 and another at 60:blackeye:480 and all different sizes. Just a suggestion. :dontknow:

Definitely, would be easier, tho it all depends on the resizing skills of those who enter! I remember Larry posting that his 800+ photos uploaded ok, but you had to scroll across to see the entire photo...and that's not good...

So my suggestion would be 680x450 - you loose no clarity - it is all based on the handler's abilities lol

**Photos taken in daylight are far better than indoor lighting which usually leaves a yellowish glow to most photos**

Thanks Robbie for bringing this up ;)

Judy
01-22-2011, 04:09 PM
if i pm a car to someone can they claim it as thier own or is that cheating :popcorn:

I sure hope you enter - go look thru all your goodies - there's NO yr. limitation when found

xzlr8n
01-23-2011, 02:35 AM
Fun contest to pass the winter blues, thanks Judy. Here is a tootsie car (at least I think it is??) that I found during July of 2009. Neat old car and was the first tootsie car I had ever seen or held. I see a few posted every now and then, and thanks to this hobby I now know what they are.

Whoops, I do not follow instructions well. Just noticed why no one else has posted pic's of their cars - contest doesn't start until Jan 31st...... Duhhh I'll re-post same car later......

giant056
01-23-2011, 03:43 AM
Let the games begin :yes:

Evan/tn
01-23-2011, 08:59 AM
I'ma ready :interesting: :popcorn:

Dimeman
01-23-2011, 02:51 PM
I had to dig pretty deep in my treasure chest ----------but I finaly found my entry. :grin: :grin:

I couldn't use it in the other contests before, 'cause it wasn't found with a Whites :(

.....This was my 1st toy dug, and I used my 1st detector ----a Relco Frontiersman, to dig it from my brothers front yard, way back in 1972. :shocked04: :shocked04:

:teasing:You will just have to wait for the contest........to see it :devilish: :devilish:

greg
01-23-2011, 03:45 PM
I found a couple I forgot about but they are not anything special

Judy
01-23-2011, 04:19 PM

come on Greg - don't make me?? :behave: lol

Dimeman
01-23-2011, 04:27 PM

not anything special, might just be the winner of the contest-----you won't know if you don't enter. thumbsup01

psychposse
01-23-2011, 09:50 PM
Crap! I discarded the only two vehicles (cars) I found last summer and I sure don't have much of a treasure chest going.

I am gonna have to take the DFX to Walmart and sweep in the matchbox aisle. lol

Judy
01-26-2011, 02:11 PM
bumpity bump bump bump - days are getting shorter for the contest entry to open thumbsup01

** any donators don't hesitate to pm me if you wish to donate anything to the cause ** thank you

There will be a 1st, 2nd & 3rd placing :yes:

Dimeman
01-26-2011, 02:45 PM
bumpity bump bump bump - days are getting shorter for the contest entry to open thumbsup01

** any donators don't hesitate to pm me if you wish to donate anything to the cause ** thank you

There will be a 1st, 2nd & 3rd placing :yes:

You did get my email on my donations?? Right??

Judy
01-26-2011, 04:11 PM
You did get my email on my donations?? Right??

Yes, kind sir indeedydoooo thumbsup01

Dimeman
01-27-2011, 03:54 PM
Yes, kind sir indeedydoooo thumbsup01

Seeing some of the toys that had been dug from the other place, there might be some serious competition with the established members that were already here. :eyebrow: :shocked01:

Judy
01-27-2011, 07:45 PM
Seeing some of the toys that had been dug from the other place, there might be some serious competition with the established members that were already here. :eyebrow: :shocked01:

[b]GOOOOD, hope they bring it on!! thumbsup01

Judy
01-27-2011, 08:33 PM
ENTRIES OPEN MONDAY @ 9 a.m. thumbsup01

:peace:

pulltabsteve
01-27-2011, 09:15 PM
ENTRIES OPEN MONDAY @ 9 a.m. thumbsup01

WOOHOOO!!!!!!!! :cheering: :peace: :happydance01: <: :clapping:

coinnut
01-27-2011, 09:19 PM
I am ready and waiting to go!!!!! I have everything I need except a car :crying02: :crying02: :crying02:

Ill Digger
01-28-2011, 01:21 AM
I need to hook up the external hard drive and get at some pictures..... :thinkingabout: :confused:....I wounder how you do that ? :confused: :rolleyes: :crying02:

tanacat
01-28-2011, 10:10 AM
Ooooh oooh! This is exciting :clapping: I have the PERFECT car... lol

Thanks Judy! :cheering:

Judy
01-28-2011, 10:21 AM
Your all welcome thumbsup01

Remember folks new to this contest, it isn't always about the nicest condition....we all know its a metal detecting find ;)

Ill Digger
01-28-2011, 02:09 PM
I need to hook up the external hard drive and get at some pictures..... :thinkingabout: :confused:....I wounder how you do that ? :confused: :rolleyes: :crying02:

<: Oh yeah! Got'em off the external hard drive!
All ready to go for Monday thumbsup01

giant056
01-29-2011, 09:58 AM
So you really can't do a paint job on the toy? If I understand correctly it's the way you found them and just cleaned up is all?

Judy
01-29-2011, 10:02 AM
So you really can't do a paint job on the toy? If I understand correctly it's the way you found them and just cleaned up is all?

Lar - you can do whatever YOU want! I just don't want folks to think because it isn't purdy'd up it isn't worthy of entering thumbsup01

giant056
01-29-2011, 10:04 AM
Cool maybe I'll enter the one that I had fixed up that one year nobody entered and then maybe I won't we'll see. :peace:

greg
01-29-2011, 11:40 AM
Well I just took a picture of a toy car I found a couple years ago that I saved. I don't have many because I toss them out as junk when I find them as they are not that old. I don't like to hunt parks and school yards to much. I guess that's why I don't find many. Right now I would hunt under the sofa cushions because of the snow

Indy!
01-29-2011, 01:09 PM
Right now I would hunt under the sofa cushions because of the snow

rofl lol rofl lol rofl lol

dave in iowa
01-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Guess i never throw them away unless their newer and smashed , i have a bunch of tootsie and a few hubleys , i know some guys get maybe 2 bucks a piece for cleaned up tootise toys . Good contest , thanks.from Dave

wingmaster
01-29-2011, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the contest, I don't save any cars that I dig up though. bummer

greg
01-30-2011, 10:52 AM
Judy, are there any judges that can be bribed or payed off in some way. :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: : After all I live in New Jersey :eyebrow:

Judy
01-30-2011, 12:41 PM
Judy, are there any judges that can be bribed or payed off in some way. :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: : After all I live in New Jersey :eyebrow:

lol gotta' love them joysey boyz rofl thumbsup01

Judy
01-30-2011, 01:31 PM
[b]
LAST DAY to get ready!!!! thumbsup01

jkress
01-30-2011, 04:26 PM

I can't wait to see this one get rolling, should be fun.

greg
01-30-2011, 04:47 PM

I can't wait to see this one get rolling, should be fun.

This will be one of the best contests. It takes a lot of effort to put it together. Thanks Judy. thumbsup01 :clapping: I am ready. Can't wait to see all the entries. <: <: :happydance01:

Judy
01-30-2011, 09:20 PM
..... ahhh thanks ;) :kiss:

I too am looking forward to seeing some neato stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance01:

Judy
01-31-2011, 08:33 AM
:cheering: :cheering:
CAR CONTEST IS

OFFICIALLY OPEN!!

Please view or post your entry here:

http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=4108.0

giant056
01-31-2011, 11:22 AM
That's awesome Judy, I'm getting ready to paint one that I think I'm going to use as my entry, I'll know by tomorrow for sure but I already have another nice painted one, just not as old. Who knows I might have it posted by this evening.

Indy!
01-31-2011, 11:31 AM
Judy, I'm planning to submit one that I restored. It'll be just one photo attached, but will have an inset of the before image. That okay?

Indy!

Judy
01-31-2011, 11:34 AM
Judy, I'm planning to submit one that I restored. It'll be just one photo attached, but will have an inset of the before image. That okay?

Indy!

That's cool, like u said it's one image thumbsup01

giant056
01-31-2011, 02:19 PM
Judy how about if we post the thread when we originally posted it along with the reply right along with the photo instead of putting inlays on the pic?

Judy
01-31-2011, 02:27 PM
Judy how about if we post the thread when we originally posted it along with the reply right along with the photo instead of putting inlays on the pic?

Larry - great idea, but maybe next year, the rules and entries are already in place for this contest ;)

Also because most of us are new to one/another, and many have found these items yrs., ago, and not posted or posted elsewhere on other forums and I don't believe it in good taste to link to other forums if infact that would be the case.......I tried to make this as fair/easy to all that's never done this before....BUT.........

Next year's contest (see always thinking lol) the rules WILL be in place that the entries WILL have to have been posted here at AD in order to enter!!

* Method to my madness for next year is mainly to gain more people to join in and post on this forum :happydance01:

Thanks Lar - and I will keep this in mind in my documents towards next year's do :grin:

greg
01-31-2011, 06:00 PM
seeing some real cool stuff so far. Get those pics. in :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

pulltabsteve
01-31-2011, 07:09 PM
Those coin prizes from Dimeman and Angel are SWEEET!!! :clapping: Get those cars posted. Ya gotta be in it to win it :clapping:

Indy!
01-31-2011, 08:34 PM
We need a thread just for comments on the entries. Unless this is it! Some great entries, but also some great stories posted about em.

Judy
01-31-2011, 10:52 PM
Post away your comments right here if you all wish thumbsup01 and yes I too hope more entries come thru :clapping:

Judy
01-31-2011, 11:08 PM
Forgot to mention - thank you all for the kind compliments and I truly appreciate it...but really the push was from my old friends who do really enjoy this contest!

I'd hate to tell you all exactly how many contests I have done, so it's old hat to me and I do enjoy doing them.

This years was what I call a gimme...make it easy for us all new to one another...but believe me if this flies at this forum....next year a new ball game folks! ;)

The members will make the contest what it is and will be thumbsup01

There were others who wished to donate to this event, and they will go unnamed and I hope their good graces will be available this time next year! Those who've kindly donated and had wanted to, need all the kudos :yes:

Thank you

jkress
01-31-2011, 11:34 PM
We need a thread just for comments on the entries. Unless this is it! Some great entries, but also some great stories posted about em.

Yep... I almost, accidentally posted a comment on the contest thread. But, I rechecked the rules and realized it was a no-no. No-no lol A common word in my vocabulary since I have a 2 year old. rofl

There are some great toys going on there. :happydance01: Love the thread and might just post my humble offering, I don't have many as I have been giving my Tootsie Toys to a buddy that collects them. :rolleyes:

Indy... :smitten: the restoration of a Hot Wheel!!!

coinnut
02-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Yep... I almost, accidentally posted a comment on the contest thread. But, I rechecked the rules and realized it was a no-no.

:confused: Are you talking about where we post our car pictures?? Everyone posted a picture and some comments too. I don't think it will allow you to post a picture without some words too. Or am I not just understanding that part?? :thinkingabout:

Judy
02-02-2011, 01:23 AM
:confused: Are you talking about where we post our car pictures?? Everyone posted a picture and some comments too. I don't think it will allow you to post a picture without some words too. Or am I not just understanding that part?? :thinkingabout:

No, a comment regarding your entry along with your photo is just fine thumbsup01

What comments in my rules means...no jibber jabber, kudos, etc., regarding anyone's entries on the Entry Thread....keeps things fair & neat/organized...and lord knows I'm your typical Virgo...neat, orderly, etc. :yes: lol :popcorn:

Judy
02-02-2011, 01:41 AM
18 Entries already!!! :peace: Bring it on!!!

:clapping: :clapping:

greg
02-02-2011, 05:37 AM
18 Entries already!!! :peace: Bring it on!!!

:clapping: :clapping:

This is going to be a big one Judy

Dimeman
02-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Some real kewl looking entries !!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:

Come on --wake up :sleepy:-----------There's still time to enter your toy................ thumbsup01

tanacat
02-02-2011, 04:30 PM
Btw, I'm working on the finishing touches and will enter mine soon :yes:

Contests are so fun! :beerbuddy: Got some great entries already...

Dimeman
02-02-2011, 09:52 PM
Btw, I'm working on the finishing touches and will enter mine soon :yes:

Contests are so fun! :beerbuddy: Got some great entries already...

Tanacat........kewl toy and a great backdrop setting.......

jkress
02-02-2011, 10:16 PM

No, I meant commenting in the Contest thread itself. 8/

Sorry for the confusion. :beerbuddy:

giant056
02-03-2011, 12:12 PM
Here's another one I was thinking about entering but the front split window middle broke out back when I first started cleaning it after I found it. It's a 1947 Chevy wagon, and I googled it and found out it's one of the tougher ones to find cause Tootsietoy didn't have a very long production run on this one.

tanacat
02-03-2011, 12:35 PM
Tanacat........kewl toy and a great backdrop setting.......

Thanks Robbie- I really like your backdrop too :) It has a neat feel to it, like I'm there at the barn being the farm girl I always wanted to be lol

I thought about using a pic of Nag's Head w/ocean scene for my Sand Crab and then painted one instead.

Here's another one I was thinking about entering but the front split window middle broke out back when I first started cleaning it after I found it. It's a 1947 Chevy wagon, and I googled it and found out it's one of the tougher ones to find cause Tootsietoy didn't have a very long production run on this one.

That's a nice one, what kind of paint did you use? I'm thinking of painting my Sand Crab just for the fun of it. Finger nail polish crossed my mind :cheesysmile:

giant056
02-03-2011, 01:40 PM
I've been using Testors paint on all of them, I bought a kit that comes with about 8 different colors of paint, a bottle of paint thinner and a brush and still using it all. Heck it was right around $12 I think.

Judy
02-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Hey Lar & everyone else - if you choose to change your mind on the entry - by all means you may edit your original photo out and replace it with a new entry...but remember this closes Saturday and any entries posted by closing time, stays :yes: If anyone is unsure, please re-read the rules or pm me thumbsup01

pulltabsteve
02-04-2011, 09:06 PM
20 cool cars have been entered. But we have LOTS more active members than that! Come on folks, Judy spent alot of time on putting this contest together. 24 hours to go! :peace: <: :clapping:

Judy
02-05-2011, 12:22 PM
[b][i][center][font=georgia]ENTRY CLOSES TONIGHT

[b]9 P.M.

Please get your entry in thumbsup01

Judy
02-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Entry Thread is now closed! Thanks to Steveo for posting for me, as we have had a terrible sleet storm today and my wireless has been wonky at best >:\

[i]The Contest Poll will be open for voting Monday Feb. 7th 9 a.m. - closing Friday Feb.11th - 9 p.m. EST.

Please note there are no comments/remarks allowed in the Voting Poll - making it fair to all ;)

There's a fantastic assembly of great finds and all deserve to win...with that... happydance02

Have fun, and please vote for your choice & a hi 5 to all who entered, & donated - thank you all :cheering:

del
02-05-2011, 09:24 PM
thank you Judy :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: for taking the time and making this all possible and giving us all something to do (whether it be participating or just watching and enjoying) this awful winter alot of us have been having .

Dan

pulltabsteve
02-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Thanks Judy! As usual, you put on another fun contest. Thanks for all your hard work. :kiss:

Nitro 54
02-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Where do you go to vote ?? :hairpulling: :hairpulling: :thinkingabout:

pulltabsteve
02-05-2011, 09:41 PM
Where do you go to vote ?? :hairpulling: :hairpulling: :thinkingabout:

Voting will start Monday Glen :yes:

del
02-05-2011, 09:44 PM
Voting will start Monday Glen :yes:

i hope us non-contestant peeps can vote as well:huh:

Nitro 54
02-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Thanks Steve, I was pulling out the last few hairs looking for it .. lol lol lol :bangahead01: :bangahead01: :bangshead02: :bangshead02:

giant056
02-06-2011, 12:58 AM
Thanks a BIG Heap for such a great contest Judy thumbsup01

Carl in Louisiana
02-06-2011, 06:16 AM
Thank You Judy for all your time and effort to put this together your the greatest :cheering: :cheering:

Indy!
02-06-2011, 09:11 AM
i hope us non-contestant peeps can vote as well:huh:

Yes, the way I understand it, everyone can vote. It's your right, duty and privilege. thumbsup01 thumbsup01

Thanks again Judy and esp the donors!!! Some really great entries there that got pretty creative!

Indy!

Judy
02-06-2011, 09:30 AM
Indy's right and clearly stated in the rules and entry thread - ALL registered AD members are eligible to vote :beerbuddy: :grin:

RaZR
02-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Thank you for all you've done Judy! thumbsup01
And thanks to those who donated prizes and entered their cars. :clapping:

Indy!
02-06-2011, 12:07 PM
I just wish there weren't so many entries. I was hoping for only 2 others. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

greg
02-06-2011, 12:28 PM
I just wish there weren't so many entries. I was hoping for only 2 others. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

rofl rofl rofl There is a lot of competition

Judy
02-06-2011, 12:46 PM
REMINDER FOLKS!!!

Tomorrow morning you WILL see me posting up the POLL thread!!

Please be aware, it will take me approx. 1/2hr. (with coffee), to post up the entire thread and entries!!

Until you see ALL 23 entries listed in total with the poll...

and a completely new thread announcing the poll is open - you then will be allowed to place your vote thumbsup01

This allows me any wiggle room incase of errors or editing ;) It should all be ready @ 9 a.m. NO earlier for those early birds

Thanks folks & good luck to all who entered

Indy!
02-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Right! And we have several days to post votes, so there's no advantage or reason to vote too early, right?

greg
02-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Right! And we have several days to post votes, so there's no advantage or reason to vote too early, right?

I like them all I am going to vote several times. lol

Judy
02-06-2011, 02:52 PM

No - no advantage, tho some might try to jump the gun to vote be4 things are finished at my end :grin:

I like them all I am going to vote several times. lol

don't make me come down there Joysey boy!! rofl

greg
02-06-2011, 02:55 PM
No - no advantage, tho some might try to jump the gun to vote be4 things are finished at my end :grin:

don't make me come down there Joysey boy!! rofl

rofl rofl