PDA

View Full Version : Help,? using forum

DustyRoundup
01-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Howdy,

I'm new here, and I'm not exactly computer smart.

I was wondering , if I can make this forum view / 'tool :huh:thinkingabout:?

I dont know what its called, but on another forum , when I put my little arrow on a subject/ it will give me a little box, with the first few lines of the post, so I can read and get a little bit of a hint as to what the post is about.

I have pretty slow internet, and that feature really helps me , by not having to open a thread, and wait, then having to close a thread , and wait.

In my profile theres an area , where I can check boxes, for different options.
I dont know if that is even an option,,
Without knowing what the Feature is called ,

So, can somebody help me with this, if I made any sense?

Thanks
Dusty

M-Taliesin
01-18-2011, 12:49 PM
Howdy Dusty!
Somebody smarter than me will likely be along to answer your question, but I believe it would be called
preview. You'd want to see what the post is about before actually opening it, that would be a preview.
Anyhow, I expect you'll be hearing from one of the mods before long and they'll give a definate answer.

Blessings,
From Texas,
your roving Gold Slinger,
M-Taliesin

del
01-18-2011, 12:57 PM
hello Dusty , i'm not sure if that feature is possible on this forum as of yet , but i'll check with the Administrator and somebody will clear this up soon.

Dan

Nitro 54
01-18-2011, 07:56 PM
I really like the NOW button on another old forum as it updated everytime someone posted.. 8) 8)

CyberSage
01-18-2011, 09:56 PM
Great feedback guys. Thank you!

DustyRoundup
01-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Ok,, Yeah !
Preview
I sure would like to preview messages before opening, as my internet is raelly slow.

Thanks M-T, Seems like as I get older , I find myself searching for words:huh:thinkingabout:?

LOL
Thanks you all,

Dusty