PDA

View Full Version : Howdy From Deep in the Heart of Texas!

M-Taliesin
01-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Howdy Folks!
Me and Pipster are busy in Texas. Pip spending time with family, and me hunting when it ain't raining. I ain't seen the sun much since getting to Texas. It rained on the way down, it rained the first day here, and it has pretty much rained most of the second day too. However, it did clear up enough for me to get to the Garrett Factory where I was treated with that legendary southern hospitality. They were real nice to me and I even got the nickel tour of their factory.

After the tour, I hunted around Garland and down into Mesquite. Took 160 coins and got a real nice silver bracelet. I will post photos later on when I get back to the homestead. We don't have much in the way of internet where we are staying so I am presently ensconced at the public library in Centerville Texas. I might hint a little here before moving on to Houston. I hope to meet up with Dimeman and maybe hunt some before heading down to Galveston and eventually to the gulf coast. I ain't never seen the Gulf of Mexico, so figure to hit that by tomorrow morning.

Anyhow, we have overcast skies and rain now and then. While it is a nuisance to me, the folks down here have suffered drought and look for more rain if they can get it. It doesn't do me much good, except the ground is nice and soft and the digging is easy.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying some terrific finds.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Dimeman
01-18-2011, 02:53 PM
Just got a call from Mel, he is on his way down here to Houston stopping by on his way to the Gulf and Galveston.
Haven't met him or his hunting partner Pipstar and I am looking forward to it. :beerbuddy: :beerbuddy:

exsquid
01-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Cool Mel,

Hope you find some dry pockets in the weather at least long enough to get your hunts in....

Robbie, have fun...

russellt
01-18-2011, 06:06 PM
you need to get some good ribs while your in the lone star state. hear they got good tater salad tooo :teasing:

Dimeman
01-18-2011, 07:18 PM
Mel came and we visited for a couple hours just talking detecting. He entertained me with some of his hunting stories, 8) and showed me some of what he has found on his trip and a few other goodies he has dug.

He is as nice in person as he is on the forum, and it was GREAT to meet up with him. :beerbuddy: :beerbuddy:

Wish Pipster could have made the trip down here, but still is visiting with relatives near Dallas. ( well, at least they will each return home with a silver coin) ;) :grin:

Mel was heading out to Galveston tommorrow morning and I told him the best beach spot to try for gold. Knowing his past record of gold finding............he will get some. :yes:

Nitro 54
01-18-2011, 07:27 PM
Good to hear your having a good time M-T. thumbsup01 thumbsup01 Did you snag a new AT Pro while at the G factory. :thinkingabout: Impressive test on it.. That must have been a real :boxing: :boxing: , two legends talking detecting. lol lol lol

RWJR13
01-18-2011, 08:39 PM
....Maybe we'll meet up next time your in town Mel.......Work and the boy's have kept me busy.....Good stuff to look at at Garrett's......Really nice museum and some great finds displayed...

Carl in Louisiana
01-18-2011, 09:11 PM
Sure sounds like your living the life Mel :happydance01: :peace: Hope you find plenty dude thumbsup01

odave
01-18-2011, 11:19 PM
Mel Glad You're having a good time and got to meet Robbie !
Looking forward to the pic's !!

Dave :interesting:

Evan/tn
01-19-2011, 07:38 AM
Hope you don't get rain the whole time your there Mel ,congrats on the silver bracelet and hope you can get in some more hunting time
Have a safe trip!

Dimeman
01-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Hope you don't get rain the whole time your there Mel ,congrats on the silver bracelet and hope you can get in some more hunting time
Have a safe trip!

He is slowly making his way back northward, hitting some park areas along the way. His finds bag will be full with a good assortment, of items-------- when he gets back home.