PDA

View Full Version : Just Stopping by to Say Howdy

M-Taliesin
01-20-2011, 07:20 AM
Howdy Folks!
It was a real long day but drove back to Quinlan from Galveston with 176 coins, a 925 silver ring and a 417 (10k) gold ring. Got lots to post when I get back to Colorado.

I just wanted to stop by and say howdy!
Posting just ain't that easy on a cell phone.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Diggler
01-20-2011, 08:35 AM
Congrats! How did you like the Gulf? Just so you know, you went to the brownest spot you could have went to, thanks mostly to the Trinity River. The further south you go, the bluer the water gets (except at a couple river mouths). I grew up around those parts and was amazed how much clearer the Gulf is everywhere else and just a couple miles offshore. Anyway congrats again on the finds. Sounds like you are enjoying the road trip!

exsquid
01-20-2011, 08:48 AM
WTG Mel...

Looking forward to hearing all about it...

Be safe...

Nitro 54
01-20-2011, 10:21 AM
It sounds like the Gulf treated you well M-T with gold and silver, along with a boatload of coins.. Looking forward to seeing your pictures..

M-Taliesin
01-20-2011, 11:43 AM
Howdy Folks!
It is flat-out cold today in Texas, and the forecast calls for freezing rain and maybe some snow today.
The wind is blowing around 30 to 35 mph (my guesstimate, but :usaflag:s are straining on their poles blowing straight out with the wind from the north) and the temperature 32 degrees.

It is cold! I got out for awhile, and didn't particularly find it accommodating to my delicate little Irish skin.
Guess this will not be a good day to hunt, even though I did get out a little bit and took a small clutch of coins.

Anyhow, that ain't what I wanted to talk about. Me and Pipster will be here the rest of today and tomorrow, then start back to Colorado on Saturday morning. Assuming we ain't froze before then.
We finally got computer access and Pip just registered hisself shortly ago, then I got on. I'm having a bad bout of AD withdrawal.

When I get back, I have a heap of stuff to post, photos included, and some video to produce. Guess I'd best enjoy this time to myself while I can.

Hoping everybody is doing spectacular and enjoying really great hunting weather.
Unlike we have in Texas!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Poker Jim
01-20-2011, 02:03 PM
I get you on the AD withdrawal. It is nice to have that feeling again after unfortunate times elsewhere. Can't wait to see what you guys find.

Poker Jim

Dimeman
01-20-2011, 03:15 PM
For a guy who has detected in 20 degree weather in the snow---this Texas weather shouldn't be cold for you....... :teasing: :teasing: :teasing:

And Mel saw Galveston and the brown water----BTW: it was brown even before the oil spill...... :shocked04: :shocked04:

RWJR13
01-20-2011, 05:48 PM
.....WTG M-T and welcome Pipster..... :clapping: :clapping:

psychposse
01-20-2011, 06:10 PM
Sounds like a great trip - looking forward to some pics :clapping:

Bedrock
01-20-2011, 09:51 PM
Keep us posted Mel, and please try to stay warm. I hate the thought of you down there digging up gold...and shivering.