PDA

View Full Version : Quality Diggers:huh:

MrJeep
01-20-2011, 10:06 AM
I don’t know if this has been discussed before, but I was wondering about the quality of the “newer Lesche” diggers produced after 2002 vs. the “older Lesche diggers” produced before 2002. Some ADrs have posted pictures of very worn Lesche diggers after only one season. From what I understand, the company that produces the Lesche diggers is W.W. Manufacturing Inc., started in the mid 50’s by Walter Lesche. Walter passed away in 2002, and sometime after that the company went through some changes resulting in his son George Lesche leaving the company and starting Predator Tools with his wife Pamela. OK, so now George and Pamela Lesche are now producing the Predator line only. With the famous Lesche style digger now being the Model 85 in the Predator line of tools. So any produced now with the Lesche name Model#48 & #49 are made by W.W. Manufacturing Inc.. Is this correct? Is the Predator line now superior? Thanks

Gene

Nitro 54
01-20-2011, 10:15 AM
I haven't had or noticed any problems with my Lesche I got a year ago. I've dug a few thousand targets with it, and can't see any visable wear.

giant056
01-20-2011, 11:03 AM
I just got a brand new Lesche the other day, this is probably 1 year of very heavy use probably averaging 4 hunts per week probably. I have been digging very deep holes too on the average in parks, schoolyards and preserves (woods), a lot of times when I'm in a schoolyard or park I don't mess with stuff that's 4 inches or less unless it reads like copper, silver or gold.

greg
01-20-2011, 11:09 AM
I just got a brand new Lesche the other day, this is probably 1 year of very heavy use probably averaging 4 hunts per week probably. I have been digging very deep holes too on the average in parks, schoolyards and preserves (woods), a lot of times when I'm in a schoolyard or park I don't mess with stuff that's 4 inches or less unless it reads like copper, silver or gold.

Looks like mine

Bell-Two
01-23-2011, 10:59 PM
I have the Predator model 85 Lesche digger a friend just got one of the WW Manufacturing ones they look identical but for some reason I think the Predator looks like it is better constructed, may just be my opinion but I have never heard of any problems with the Predator line.

jkress
01-26-2011, 09:48 PM
I have the Predator model 85 and have been very, very happy with it's quality. I hoisted some big items out last year that I thought for sure bent the digger... but nothing bent it. I'm thinking about getting model 31 this season. :thinkingabout: