PDA

View Full Version : Reading MD Mags

Judy
01-20-2011, 08:25 PM
I bet you I've read ea. of my old East/West/ or is it West/East Treasure magazines 100x...funny tho every time I seem to find something small I've overlooked :)

Then again it could be my age playing tricks on me :-\ :shocked01:

I love those older issued magazines!!!!!! I'd love to get my hands on some more from the 80/90s

Toadman
01-20-2011, 08:47 PM
Iv'e never read one... Bet they are AWESOME !!! thumbsup01 8)

Jeff (or)
01-20-2011, 09:17 PM
Yea, they have some good stories. :interesting:

Nitro 54
01-20-2011, 09:30 PM
I subscribe to Lost Treasure :twirlingeyes: :twirlingeyes: :twirlingeyes: <: Lots of good reading every month thumbsup01 thumbsup01

Ill Digger
01-21-2011, 12:14 AM
My two hunting buddies and myself each subscribe to a different treasure mag. I get W&ET and one friend gets Lost Treasure and the other get American Digger. So we each read then give the new issue to the other guy and when your done you give it to your guy and so on and so forth. Nice little circle and we each get a subscription to the other 2 mags for the price of one. Sweet !! thumbsup01
There really great this time of year :frozen:

psychposse
01-21-2011, 12:37 AM
I subscribed to the Western & Eastern Treasures magazine - I enjoy it :interesting:

giant056
01-21-2011, 02:51 AM
I subscribed to the Western & Eastern Treasures magazine - I enjoy it :interesting:
That was always my favorite, I haven't had a subscription for a couple years now but I did have for quite a while.

greg
01-21-2011, 06:40 AM

Me too.

sandals
01-21-2011, 08:03 AM
I love those older issued magazines!!!!!! I'd love to get my hands on some more from the 80/90s

Judy....in April our local club has an auction and there are always the older magazines brought in....I'll see what I can get for ya then if ya really are interested in the older ones :yes:

Judy
01-21-2011, 09:28 AM
Cool - thanks Sandie :)

odave
01-21-2011, 11:46 AM
I used to have a subscription to Western and Eastern Treasure.. I'll resubscribe ..I did enjoy them..

rsarge1
01-21-2011, 12:04 PM
yep it gives you some good reading esp during the down times :interesting: :interesting:

Judy
01-21-2011, 04:36 PM
............ and drool over some finds made out there!!! :twirlingeyes:

I love the what is it section - that's the 1st place I hit when I opened the mag up!!

The older copies of that mag in my opinion were stupendous...less advertising :)

russellt
01-21-2011, 04:52 PM
i read a lot but i never really thought about getting an MD mag . i think i will look into it.....

tanacat
01-21-2011, 06:03 PM

Steve (Pulltabsteve) sent me a bunch from those years - they're a hoot! Seem so old, 25 yrs ago- funny stuff, like you said. Actually they're not that old- I graduated highschool/started college 25 yrs ago... :thinkingabout: Why do they seem so old fashioned??

Anyway I'll send you a couple of them if you PM your snail mail addy. One guy on here, Hook from New Orleans and me being from Kentucky, we traded a horseshoe for a handful of Mardigras tokens lol

DaleGM
01-21-2011, 06:25 PM
likewise......hello Judy try your local MD club the should have the oldies but goodies in there library, just got the February copy in with a writeup from one of our club members( Internet Assisted Metal Detecing) By Vince Migliore, good reading and MD knowledge when your stuck inside with all that snow..........

pulltabsteve
01-21-2011, 06:50 PM
Steve (Pulltabsteve) sent me a bunch from those years - they're a hoot! Seem so old, 25 yrs ago- funny stuff, like you said. Actually they're not that old- I graduated highschool/started college 25 yrs ago... :thinkingabout: Why do they seem so old fashioned??

Anyway I'll send you a couple of them if you PM your snail mail addy. One guy on here, Hook from New Orleans and me being from Kentucky, we traded a horseshoe for a handful of Mardigras tokens lol

Friends helping friends helping friends thumbsup01 Is this place the best or what!!!

Judy
01-21-2011, 06:59 PM

I sent you a pm, and must say publicly thanks, but no thanks ... it is a very kind gesture, but the postage would be stupid to sent to Ontario, Canada :shocked01:

That Steveo is another great guy as you've all come to know! Read them and enjoy them...you'll always go back to them as a reference for one reason or another thumbsup01 :beerbuddy:

likewise......hello Judy try your local MD club the should have the oldies but goodies in there library, just got the February copy in with a writeup from one of our club members( Internet Assisted Metal Detecing) By Vince Migliore, good reading and MD knowledge when your stuck inside with all that snow..........

Hey Dale - metal detecting clubs up here are like hen teeth...nothing like the availability of clubs in the states...and I sure as heck don't know why:huh: there's enough mders :confused:

sandals
01-21-2011, 10:28 PM
Steve (Pulltab) got some of those magazines at one of our auctions....we are in the same club together....lots of laughs and good times together! and Judy, I will definitely get ya some of the older mags :yes:

Dimeman
01-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Back in the 1980's there was 5 or 6 treasure magazines, and looking at some of the detector ads makes you glad of todays technology advances. 8/

coinnut
01-26-2011, 12:46 PM
I've got a bunch from the 80's and maybe even some from the 70's :shocked04: I'm waiting for them to be real collector's items lol Part of my retirement plan rofl

Dimeman
01-26-2011, 01:18 PM
I bet you I've read ea. of my old East/West/ or is it West/East Treasure magazines 100x...funny tho every time I seem to find something small I've overlooked :)

Then again it could be my age playing tricks on me :-\ :shocked01:

I found this website the other day and have some old mags ordered.

It's Workmansbooks dot com

They have a great selection of magazines.

Evan/tn
01-26-2011, 05:31 PM
I was reading the treasure search and treasure found ,back in the 70's at my dads drugstore.
That's a big reason i got into metal detecting thumbsup01

zrickkid
01-26-2011, 11:03 PM
I love reading those too.. They never seem to get old even after a dozen or more readings. :cheesysmile: