PDA

View Full Version : custom paint on a detector,,,,,,really

russellt
01-20-2011, 09:49 PM
to bring up an oldy but a goody, i pose a question :crazy:. would any body ever put a custom paint job on a metal detector box. most of the electronics on whites tectors are housed in a rectangular box under the upper rod which could be tricked out . this was a thread in the old forum i thought would be cool to hear some diff . ideas. i would have one side ----- a skull with seated halves and double eagles coming out of its eyeballs..... on the other side . a civil war cannon shooting out seated dimes.........what do you folks think about them apples:huh::huh::huh::huh:/

Jeff (or)
01-20-2011, 09:59 PM
Cool idea, endless possibilities. I was thinking maybe spraying the sides of the box pearl white, with ghost flames? 8) 8) 8)

Ill Digger
01-20-2011, 10:25 PM
I've thought about it.
Maybe not so much custom art work, but just a single color....just to be different :dontknow: why not lol

Cheap Thrills
01-20-2011, 10:27 PM
I'm thinking a Handicaped sticker on one side and a naked lady on the other with a few
dingle balls hanging off the middle rod . thumbsup01 8)

Ill Digger
01-20-2011, 10:33 PM
I'm thinking a Handicaped sticker on one side and a naked lady on the other with a few
:peace: Right on man !! :peace: thumbsup01

Nitro 54
01-20-2011, 10:34 PM
I'd paint mine the color of dirt if there wasn't so many differant colors :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :dontknow: :dontknow:

russellt
01-20-2011, 11:12 PM
ah.hhh ....... i think ill keep the stock paint..i kind of like the rainbow paint on the spectre.reminds me of the rainbow warriors.. jeff gordons nascar crew. the over the wall gang :yes:

coinnut
01-21-2011, 12:22 AM
Wrap it in graphics like they do cars. Easy and cheap. My wife knows someone who wraps cars.....maybe :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout:

CyberSage
01-21-2011, 08:16 AM
I painted my first detector camou:usaflag:e colored, and lost it the first time out hunting with it. :shocked01:

lol

del
01-21-2011, 08:29 AM
I painted my first detector camou:usaflag:e colored, and lost it the first time out hunting with it. :shocked01:

lol

lol lol there wasn't any home brew involved with that was there Jack :beerbuddy: lol lol

ec121connie
01-21-2011, 09:18 AM

A few of the guitar builders use transfers. Plenty of styles at a low cost. I do believe they may have the ladies in stock. :devilish:

Paint the box a nice base color and decorate away.

http://www.best-decals.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=30&products _id=937