PDA

View Full Version : David Crocketts home

Civil War Nut
01-21-2011, 10:07 PM
Here is a little something for Tanacats post. I live about 5 miles from the house, witch is in Rutherford, Ten. When Mr. Crockett was here they had a BIG get togeather there. All the big shots in congress from all over came here and had a big thing. About 5 to 6000 people was there for maney days, now you talk about a place to hunt this is it with that many people of that class. They would have lost a BUNCH. After two years I findly found the man that knew where he thought the field was. And for get it, dont thank he wants anyboby to find it. I offerd to find it for him. But no return. All that stuff just laying in the ground going to nothing, and know one will get to enjoy it. Dont know about some people. Thought you would enjoy and add to your find and post. Have a great day & H.H.

Nitro 54
01-21-2011, 11:16 PM
Nice pictures CWN thumbsup01 thumbsup01

tanacat
01-22-2011, 04:38 PM
Thanks cwnut! Too bad about the property owner... Did you explain exactly what you do? Show him a display case of some goodies to spark the curiosity what you could uncover? Btw I used to live/work near Land Between the Lakes- isn't that where you're from?

:beerbuddy:

Civil War Nut
01-22-2011, 06:22 PM
Thanks cwnut! Too bad about the property owner... Did you explain exactly what you do? Show him a display case of some goodies to spark the curiosity what you could uncover? Btw I used to live/work near Land Between the Lakes- isn't that where you're from?

:beerbuddy:
I live in Kenton Ten. 12 miles south of Union City, I used to hunt Fort Himen Ky just across the Ten river 30 years ago. Across from Fort henery. I gess I put this in the wrong place. Not use to this fourm yet, but Iam learning, sorry.

giant056
01-22-2011, 07:07 PM
Sure would be fun to hunt that field if you could find it, neat post for sure Cwn thumbsup01

russellt
01-22-2011, 10:23 PM
oh the possibilities :popcorn:

greg
01-30-2011, 10:43 AM
I wonder why that cabin has two front doors