PDA

View Full Version : Bound for Virginia

Islandhunter
11-30-2009, 05:29 PM
Just got an all expense paid trip to Virginia!!! The catch is is that I have to do a roof job for my sister in law. Am headed down to Newport News Virginia the first week of March. My question is....Does anyone know a good place to rent an M6 in the Newport News/ Norfolk area? I used to work the ramp in the Portland Maine airport and loaded and unloaded planes for Delta and knowing what the bags go thru I really don;t wanna subject my M6, even in a hard case, to what the bags go thru.... :rolleyes: Am also travelling light if possible. I should have a few days free time and hopefully will be able to get out in some fields down there and hopefully get into some CW relics.... :smitten:

coinnut
11-30-2009, 06:27 PM
I would check White's list of dealers and see if anyone is willing to loan one out. Hope you get some good weather and find some CW relics!! Good luck there!!!

del
12-01-2009, 03:28 AM
thats a very sweet area to hang out and detect in hope you have a great time and find some real goodies .

OkieDigger
12-01-2009, 07:25 AM
FedEx it to her house just before you go.

Islandhunter
12-01-2009, 07:26 AM
I would check White's list of dealers and see if anyone is willing to loan one out. Hope you get some good weather and find some CW relics!! Good luck there!!!

Good idea, never thought of that, Thanks! I also am gonna check some of the coin shops for I know alot of them will rent out machines for the day. If I am lucky I will also be able to get permission to hunt some older homes over by Jamestown as well as Williamsburg...though am not sure how much time I will have available for detecting... crying01

Islandhunter
12-01-2009, 07:27 AM
FedEx it to her house just before you go.

Okie...I just may end up doing that...I wanted to check on rentals first for I figured renting one would be cheaper than FedExing mine down there...

MNDigger
12-01-2009, 08:48 AM
When I took my DFX down to Florida I had a Whites hard case as my carry on. I made sure I packed all my batteries in my checked luggage but didnt have any problems. The White's hard case fits all the carry-on dimension limits.

woodwizard
12-02-2009, 01:59 AM
either way if ya rent or take yours have a good hunt and be safe not to fall from roof and spoil hunt plans

sectshun8
12-04-2009, 06:52 AM
Newport News and Hampton are heavily hit by the HRRS (Hampton Roads Recovery Society), but both areas are quite old (not uncommon to find late 1800s early1900s homes). There's got to be a spot they've missed, best of luck!

TimC
12-04-2009, 09:33 AM
Good luck on that great sounding hunt.

RickO
12-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Good luck there, and you might consider part of a day on the beach as well. RickO