PDA

View Full Version : What the Tejon can do

Civil War Nut
01-23-2011, 07:54 AM
I used a Tejon 80 % of the time when I was finding Civil War stuff for the Museum in Union City. This was a drink bottle that come out in the 1960s & 70s with the good alum. top on it. When I findly got it out I was so ill I didnt take a pic. of it. After that I cleaned it up and put it back in the box, and steel have it. I would say they are a good M.D. Someone on here ask me how the To. was so this is better than words. Thank it was D. Rebel.

giant056
01-23-2011, 08:04 AM
Holy cow that bottle was deep for being made that recent, I wonder how it got so deep. The Tejon seems to do a heck of a job, is it a pulse machine?

Civil War Nut
01-23-2011, 08:35 AM
Holy cow that bottle was deep for being made that recent, I wonder how it got so deep. The Tejon seems to do a heck of a job, is it a pulse machine?
Hidy 56. All I know is it has two dis. and you just have to go by the beeps. It dont have a screan to go by the VDI. That is why I use the V3 now. But it is a good one for depth. Lite too. Wish I could trade it for that DFX 300 that gie has on here. Then I would have two of them. Like I realy need it.

Lowjiber
01-23-2011, 08:45 AM
Two feet deep! :clapping: My hat's off to you for even digging that far. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the post. We need lots of input about different machines.

Civil War Nut
01-23-2011, 08:56 AM
Two feet deep! :clapping: My hat's off to you for even digging that far. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the post. We need lots of input about different machines.
When that thing beeps on full Dis. I had to keep digging. I also learn a little trick to get more death out of it. Insted of hunting in all medal Mo. It will go deaper with the triger pulled back while hunting.

Nitro 54
01-23-2011, 02:40 PM
And here I thought you were a Whites guy all along :crying02: Thats a deep hole, I'm surprized it would go that deep considering the higher freq. that ir operates at. Operating Frequency 17.2 to 17.6 kHz

Civil War Nut
01-24-2011, 09:44 PM
And here I thought you were a Whites guy all along :crying02: Thats a deep hole, I'm surprized it would go that deep considering the higher freq. that ir operates at. Operating Frequency 17.2 to 17.6 kHz
Hidy 54. Yep I only hunt with the Whites V-3 now. Lot less digging. I got a DFX. with 950 & super 12. Some time after hunting a spot out I will go over it with the DFX. with the 12 to see if it will do better. I have found some stuff when doing that, but not enough to convince me it will do better. I have a spot with all kinds of stuff buried and the V-3 has out done the DFX. on all of it. And that is right in a coner of high powered electrical lines, and I am sure everybody knows how a whites works close to lines.

Dixie Rebel
01-24-2011, 09:49 PM
Shoot that is deep it is a wonder you did not strike oil . I always liked whites and looking mighty hard at the v3i and something else. Man that tector goes deep I would have had to take a nap or a break between digs lol

Civil War Nut
01-24-2011, 10:07 PM
Shoot that is deep it is a wonder you did not strike oil . I always liked whites and looking mighty hard at the v3i and something else. Man that tector goes deep I would have had to take a nap or a break between digs lol
Hidy DR. It will do the trick, but it is extremly sensitive to aluminum and the old square nails and dosent have a VDI on it. That is why I put it up. I am just sold on the whites .I might miss a lot of deep stuff with the whites but that is the one I use now.

Toadman
02-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Great info ! I'll dig that far for anything up here... :beerbuddy: